Good taxi drivers: what have they done for you?

Started by Hardy, March 24, 2010, 04:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Joe Murphy in Passage collects for the rowing club lotto.

supersarsfields

Dunno about good ones, but I had one in Dublin and he charged me a fortune. Thieving Bast*ards the lot of them.

AZOffaly

Taxi Drivers should run the country. They know everything. From Sport, to Fiscal Policy, Immigration to Jobs Creation. They are gurus of life these buckos.

Ignorant as pig shite too mind you.

Gabriel_Hurl

they get me home when I'm drunk - so fair play to them  :D

Shamrock Shore

There are a crowd of Germans that think Swords is actually called Fuckinswords.

When they get in from Germany to Dublin Airport and then want to get to the Irish base of their company in Swords they get in and ask the cheery Dubbellin taxi driver "Swords please"

To which they usually hear "Ah Jazes, Fuckinswords"

Minder

You haven't experienced ignorant taxi drivers until you have got into a black taxi in West Belfast.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Minder on March 24, 2010, 04:27:59 PM
You haven't experienced ignorant taxi drivers until you have got into a black taxi in West Belfast.
or drove behind one  >:(

Doogie Browser

Racism Minder, not appreciated on here, I would like to point out that taxis are available in other colours too folks.

Hardy

This thread was started to elicit positive comments about good taxi drivers. Yes, we all know there are a few bad eggs and that the Taxi Drivers Federation has made the odd mistake here and there while holding the country to ransom. But this shouldn't outweigh the positive influence of taxi drivers in general on the country and on our lives. 

Of course there are those here with an agenda. Well, I say to them, take your negativity and anti-transport remarks to the appropriate thread. You know who you are.

Paul Mc Graths Da

I know a fella who'll deliver vodka, beer and contraband fags in wee hours of the morning............an essential service I'm sure you'll agree!

ziggysego

The Derry ones aren't much better either. Got into many a rows with the black taxi drivers there, over their ignorance.
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

Ok - I once got into a taxi - he proceeded to take me home. We had a chat about the Dubs, Stan, Bertie and the weather.

We more or less agreed on the above four topics (brutal, brutaler, jasesin brutaler still and bloody awful). He stopped at my house and I paid the fare as per the meter with a few bob extra for himself.

Hardy

That's better, SS. It's all too easy to forget the good guys.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Hardy on March 24, 2010, 04:30:40 PM
This thread was started to elicit positive comments about good taxi drivers. Yes, we all know there are a few bad eggs and that the Taxi Drivers Federation has made the odd mistake here and there while holding the country to ransom. But this shouldn't outweigh the positive influence of taxi drivers in general on the country and on our lives. 

Of course there are those here with an agenda. Well, I say to them, take your negativity and anti-transport remarks to the appropriate thread. You know who you are.

But sure we know that doesn't work Hardy. Indeed even when multible threads are set up about the same issue, some people will still try and steer threads in their own direction.

heineken_on_tap

A few months ago I left a birthday card with 30 euro in it in a taxi, thought I lost it on the street but later in the night he came into the pub with the card. A grand decent man.