8 Baróid Ó Cuilleanáin Barry Cullinane Baile Clár na Gaillimhe
9 Niall Ó Colmáin Niall Coleman Anach Cuain
10 Gearóid Ó Saigheas Gary Sice Corafinne
11 Fiachra Breathnach Fiachra Breathnach Leitir Mór
12 Seosamh Ó Beirgin Joe Bergin An Creagán-Maigh Locha
13 Éoin Ó Concannáin Eoin Concannon Naomh Sheamus
14 Nioclas Seoighe Nicky Joyce Cill Fhir Iarainn
15 Maitiú MacFhlannchadha Matthew Clancy Uachtar Ard

Garreth Bradshaw and Barry Cullinane in for Gary O'Donnell and Paul Conroy, can't see any other changes. The lads really need to up it another gear for this one, they were well up for the Tyrone game, hopefully we see more of the same this weekend.

One step up, one step back. Big Barry's er, 'injury' seems to have cleared up. Is Conroy being rested? At least there's no O Donnell but Damien Burke holds on again. Why not give a run to Bane? Why Breathnach? Why?

I'd say Conroy is being rested. He had 3 games in a week last week.

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on March 26, 2010, 10:46:56 AM
Stephen Cluxton; Paul Conlon, Rory O'Carroll, Philly McMahon; Hugh Gill, Cian O'Sullivan, Barry Cahill; Eamonn Fennell, Ross McConnell; Alan Hubbard, Paul Flynn, Kevin Bonner; David Henry, Bernard Brogan, Kevin McManamon.

Disappointing to see Mc Auley dropped. the logic there escapes me I'm afraid. Good to see Baz back. Not sure it will be that high scoring. Both teams look fairly thin up front. Good be tight enough this one.
Well McAuley hasnt been up to much in the last two games, but neither have the other two half forwards, and neither has Bonner in the games he's played. Personally I would have liked to see McAuley in midfield and McConnell at centre forward - just to at least try it out. Brendan McManamon has been a bit hard done by not to see more action, given he's made a positive difference any time he's been used.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on March 26, 2010, 11:49:17 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 26, 2010, 10:46:56 AM
Stephen Cluxton; Paul Conlon, Rory O'Carroll, Philly McMahon; Hugh Gill, Cian O'Sullivan, Barry Cahill; Eamonn Fennell, Ross McConnell; Alan Hubbard, Paul Flynn, Kevin Bonner; David Henry, Bernard Brogan, Kevin McManamon.

Disappointing to see Mc Auley dropped. the logic there escapes me I'm afraid. Good to see Baz back. Not sure it will be that high scoring. Both teams look fairly thin up front. Good be tight enough this one.
Well McAuley hasnt been up to much in the last two games, but neither have the other two half forwards, and neither has Bonner in the games he's played. Personally I would have liked to see McAuley in midfield and McConnell at centre forward - just to at least try it out. Brendan McManamon has been a bit hard done by not to see more action, given he's made a positive difference any time he's been used.

I can't see the point in playing midfielders who don't at least carry the threat of catching the ball. Midfielders who carry that threat frighten the life out of the opposition goalkeepers. We're really struggling in this area of fiedling and should be thankful that Galway are in a simailr boat- thus I don't see midfield as a defining factor on Saturday. Fortunately- both sides will probably break even there.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mouview on March 26, 2010, 11:17:05 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on March 25, 2010, 09:55:28 PM
Galway team named:

1 Éoin Ó Conghaile Éoin Ó Conghaile Leitir Mór
2 Daithí Ó Raghallaigh David Reilly Mionlach
3 Finian O hÁinle Finian Hanley Bothar na Tra/Cn na Cathrach
4 Damien Dé Burcha Damien Burke Corafinne
5 Deaglan Ó Miochain Declan Meehan Cealltrach
6 Diarmaid Dé Blacha Diarmuid Blake Baile Mhuilinn
7 Gearóid Bradseach Garreth Bradshaw Maigh Cuilinn
8 Baróid Ó Cuilleanáin Barry Cullinane Baile Clár na Gaillimhe
9 Niall Ó Colmáin Niall Coleman Anach Cuain
10 Gearóid Ó Saigheas Gary Sice Corafinne
11 Fiachra Breathnach Fiachra Breathnach Leitir Mór
12 Seosamh Ó Beirgin Joe Bergin An Creagán-Maigh Locha
13 Éoin Ó Concannáin Eoin Concannon Naomh Sheamus
14 Nioclas Seoighe Nicky Joyce Cill Fhir Iarainn
15 Maitiú MacFhlannchadha Matthew Clancy Uachtar Ard

Garreth Bradshaw and Barry Cullinane in for Gary O'Donnell and Paul Conroy, can't see any other changes. The lads really need to up it another gear for this one, they were well up for the Tyrone game, hopefully we see more of the same this weekend.

One step up, one step back. Big Barry's er, 'injury' seems to have cleared up. Is Conroy being rested? At least there's no O Donnell but Damien Burke holds on again. Why not give a run to Bane? Why Breathnach? Why?
Thats the annual $64,000 dollar question with FB!!  Banjo  made a difference when he came on last weekend and I did think he would get a start against the Dubs but it looks like another inpact sub role for him.  Bar last year, when we gave them a trimming in Pearse Stadiium, our record against the Dubs is muck and they tend to be difficult enough to beat in Parnell Park so unless we up it another notch or two from last weekend I think we will be going into our last game v Derry needing a win to guarantee our Div 1 status.  Hopefully I'm wrong!

seafoid

Why is it that Galway have such a bad record against the Dubs?

GBXII

Anyone know how much it is in to the match tonight (student rate)?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2010, 04:36:01 PM
Why is it that Galway have such a bad record against the Dubs?

Unable to break that losing tradition against them perhaps. It's hard to imagine that Dublin went 73 years without losing to a Connacht team in the championship before Mayo beat them in 06. Saying that, Galway would probably have beaten them in the late 90s, early 00s if they met each other. We'll never know now...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Dublin 0-13 Galway 1-14

A great win there and to hell with tradition

Farrandeelin

Agreed. If Mayo win tomorrow, we 'only' need a point against Cork to get to league final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Great win for us especially considering Tyrone's late winner. Thought we were in trouble when the dubs got on a roll in the 2nd half there but we finished strong after Deccie Meehan got sent-off.

Sice, Bradshaw, Kieran Fitz were best for us I thought apart from Eoin Concannon who has really taken his chance with other players out and produced two great displays in a row. Word as well for Donal O'Neill who replaced Damien Burke early and completely shut his man down who was rampant early on (Hubbard I think).

Bernard Brogan was excellent for the dubs and that McCauley lad made a difference when he came on at the break.

Cosmo Kramer

Not looking good for the Dubs now as regards a league final appearance. Omagh next and Tyrone still need the points to stay in Division 1.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Jinxy

Battle of Omagh Round 2!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Sounds like some performance by Bernard Brogan.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 27, 2010, 09:18:55 PM
Agreed. If Mayo win tomorrow, we 'only' need a point against Cork to get to league final.

The Dubs look to have more flop potential than Mayo considering they still have throne to play and they lost a handy match against Galway who have a number of injuries etc etc. So up Mayo. If ye lose Galway would still be in with a chance of the final, unbelievable really.   

galwayman

Really good win for us tonight and fully deserved imho. Fitzy was outstanding in the fb line. I have been saying for the last few years he is by far our best fullback line player and hopefully the management will recognise this now and keep him in there. We are in trouble in this line though because Hanley and Burke are playing dreadful football at the moment and from what I have seen O'Neill isn't good enough.Far too small and light for this level of football playing in the fullback line.

On the poisitive side Bradshaw,Sice and Concannon were outstanding while Paul Conroy made a big difference on his introduction. He is very comfortable and skillful on the ball and set up a lot of attacks. Bergin also played quite well while Dedccie Meehan stepped it up big time today.
Owen Concannon kicked 8 points I think - 3 from play. We are not going to outfield too many teams in the middle of the park but at least with Coleman and Conroy in there and Bergin helping out we can compete and Conroy offers an awful lot from a footballing point of view from that position apart from high fielding. Coleman did quite well as well tonight.

Not too bad considering we have our 2 best forwards to come back in (Meehan and Army) and PJ who will probably be used for impact off the bench initially at least as he comes back from injury.

The full back line and midfield are probably our 2 main problem areas. I don't really have a solution to the fb line issue as I can't really think of too many players who would improve the situation. Alan Burke could get a chance maybe but I fear he is more of a wing back and would not be comfortable in the corner. Kieran McGrath from Corofin could maybe an option? I have always rated him.