Maigh Eo V Muineachán 28/3/2010

Started by Main Street, March 22, 2010, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

Quote from: Main Street on March 23, 2010, 04:51:39 PM
The National League title would be great for Mayo, I hope you get the Dubs in the final.

Still at the mind games...  ;D   Of course Mayo cannot make the final without beating Monaghan first!

mannix

a league title would be nice but would be forgotten very shortly thereafter, however, given that its part of the winning habit Mayo should really go for it, i would prefer cork in a league final where you would see what you are really up to, cork are the real deal and are my favourites to land sam this year, kerry have a huge void to fill and tyrone are slipping away, mayo are improving but are still a long way off kerry in sept 2009.

western exile

Quote from: mannix on March 23, 2010, 05:59:14 PM
a league title would be nice but would be forgotten very shortly thereafter, however, given that its part of the winning habit Mayo should really go for it, i would prefer cork in a league final where you would see what you are really up to, cork are the real deal and are my favourites to land sam this year, kerry have a huge void to fill and tyrone are slipping away, mayo are improving but are still a long way off kerry in sept 2009.
I agree.  Winning the league would do unmeasurable good to this Mayo team.  They should be going all out for it now.  It would probably mean having to beat Cork 2 games in row, which would make them dig deep to find out a lot about themselves.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2010, 03:12:51 PM
A national league would be a great boosht for Mayo and Kerry are out of it
so you would have to fancy their chances.  When is the last time a connacht team won the football league?

Mayo beat Galway in the Final in Croke Park in 2001
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Main Street

What's all this bull about having to beat Cork first, in order to get to the league final?
You can get to the league final without having to beat Cork.
The path to the finals is staring Mayo in the face.
Surely you're not trying to be cute culchies here. It's not working.
Anybody in their right mind looking at Mayo's next 2 fixtures is saying to themselves, 'thats a handy enough game
for Mayo at home to a tactically inept Monaghan' and also saying 'that's a fierce hard last game for Mayo, down in the rebel county'.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Main Street on March 23, 2010, 07:28:10 PM
What's all this bull about having to beat Cork first, in order to get to the league final?
Anybody in their right mind looking at Mayo's next 2 fixtures is saying to themselves, 'thats a handy enough game
for Mayo at home to a tactically inept Monaghan' and also saying 'that's a fierce hard last game for Mayo, down in the rebel county'.

Monaghan is surely the more dangerous game. Other than Kerry in All-Ireland Finals it is Mayo's complacency which has cost us over the years, over the last 10 years in games against Roscommon, Limerick, Fermanagh, Meath and a league final against Donegal. Nah Mayo often get to grips with the supposedly big boys & ignore the obviously dangerous teams such as Monaghan who are in a fight to the death with Kerry (how nice it would be for Monaghan to stay up and the All-Ireland champs go down or even greater motivation to stay up and send Ulster rivals Tyrone &/or Derry packing). I think the Mayo V Monaghan game will be a major battle for Mayo. Monaghan need the win this ever so slightly more than Mayo, that has to make them favorites. Mayo have already achieved their league goals by staying up, this has to be an idicateion to pile your money on the lads from Ulster. Not sure its worth the trip to McHale for this game, when the more I look at it the less of a chance I think Mayo have.

moysider

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 23, 2010, 07:36:27 PM

Monaghan is surely the more dangerous game. Other than Kerry in All-Ireland Finals it is Mayo's complacency which has cost us over the years, over the last 10 years in games against Roscommon, Limerick, Fermanagh, Meath and a league final against Donegal. Nah Mayo often get to grips with the supposedly big boys & ignore the obviously dangerous teams such as Monaghan who are in a fight to the death with Kerry (how nice it would be for Monaghan to stay up and the All-Ireland champs go down or even greater motivation to stay up and send Ulster rivals Tyrone &/or Derry packing). I think the Mayo V Monaghan game will be a major battle for Mayo. Monaghan need the win this ever so slightly more than Mayo, that has to make them favorites. Mayo have already achieved their league goals by staying up, this has to be an idicateion to pile your money on the lads from Ulster. Not sure its worth the trip to McHale for this game, when the more I look at it the less of a chance I think Mayo have.

Jaysus, ye nearly have me convinced. If I m ever up before a fella with a wig and me with blood on my hands its you I d want fighting my corner.

western exile

What is this post-Celtic Tiger world we live in when we have Monaghan posters branding another county as "cute culchies"  ???
:-\

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: western exile on March 23, 2010, 08:39:23 PM
What is this post-Celtic Tiger world we live in when we have Monaghan posters branding another county as "cute culchies???
:-\

I do believe he thinks he is talking to some Bures from Kiltimagh!

Farrandeelin

In fact, Mayo's season hinges on this game!!! This could be their last game in Castlebar this year and there will be immense pressure on Mayo to do the business and they may flounder under pressure as most Mayo teams do. Monaghan have nothing to lose apart from Div 1 status and I would bet money on Monaghan winning this game when the going gets tough for Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maguire01

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 23, 2010, 07:36:27 PM
Monaghan need the win this ever so slightly more than Mayo, that has to make them favorites.
So needing a win makes you the favourite? By that logic, all the teams at the bottom end of divisions 1-3 should be favourites for their remaining games!

Maguire01

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 23, 2010, 09:44:48 PM
In fact, Mayo's season hinges on this game!!! This could be their last game in Castlebar this year and there will be immense pressure on Mayo to do the business and they may flounder under pressure as most Mayo teams do. Monaghan have nothing to lose apart from Div 1 status and I would bet money on Monaghan winning this game when the going gets tough for Mayo.
That doesn't make much sense! That's the only thing that matters for this game.
Monaghan have more to lose than Mayo.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 23, 2010, 09:49:21 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 23, 2010, 09:44:48 PM
That doesn't make much sense! That's the only thing that matters for this game.
Monaghan have more to lose than Mayo.

I am aware of what I said. Sure if you do go down, no doubt you will be saying 'sure the championship is more important'. But it is a MASSIVE if.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maguire01

I have no problem saying now that it's very important that Monaghan retain Division 1 status.

SLIGONIAN

There is some shite being spouted on this thread ::)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"