Tìr Eoghain v Ciarraì - 27/03/10 - Healy Park, Omagh

Started by omagh_gael, March 22, 2010, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 29, 2010, 10:25:16 AM
I watched it in a Kerry pub in Dublin with a lot of neutrals cheering like mad when he got the goal.

When who got the goal?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wee Roddy

To whom it may concern........what exactly do you mean by Conor Gormleys instincts are bailing him out? This is a baffling statement to me.
I thought Peter Harte was just about average to be fair. People say he was good and the reason he was turned over so many times was because he was young and inexperienced. If big Colm had been turned over as many times there would have been calls for Mickeys head yesterday. Dermy Carlin and Cathal McCarron certainly solidified the defence as both concentrated on defending. As I said a few weeks ago I think the defence is suffering because of Justys attacking nature. It is time to play him at 5 or 7.

Final Whistle

Mad maybe but at least that show's people are not totally biased and they tell it as they see it.

This is a discussion board at the end of the day and sure you can be loyal to yer own players or club men but it is the forum to DISCUSS who's doing well and who needs to get their act together.

I've been saying all year so far Tommy isn't doing it week in week out and again he was found wanting. Maybe he is better out in HF line but his shooting & free taking is costing us a lot of scores.

Also, what the hell is wrong with us this year with hitting shots into the keepers hands. Are they practising this at training now or what?

I watched it in a Kerry pub in Dublin with a lot of neutrals cheering like mad when he got the goal.
As usual I kept quiet as I always do.  ::)

Watched most of it again last night and I thought we did play be better second time round but was worrying to see how Kerry cut through us at end of first half and for their goal.

With Dublin needing to win now to qualify for final we've a real clinker of a game next time out.

Would people say Joe did OK on Star the Whingar.

I thought The Ref was grand.

::)

it seems to be fuzz that there are some who get slated a lot more than others, and need to be putting in massive games everytime to escape the wrath of some posters here. peter harte has what it takes, patience needed with him.

To whom it may concern

Gormley has lost a yard or two and some uncertainty has crept into his game. His mistake against Cork in Croke Park last year, his mistake for Freeman's goal the other week. However, he is still overall a steadying presence and Tyrone's "best defender"

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on March 29, 2010, 10:53:13 AM
To whom it may concern........what exactly do you mean by Conor Gormleys instincts are bailing him out? This is a baffling statement to me.
I thought Peter Harte was just about average to be fair. People say he was good and the reason he was turned over so many times was because he was young and inexperienced. If big Colm had been turned over as many times there would have been calls for Mickeys head yesterday. Dermy Carlin and Cathal McCarron certainly solidified the defence as both concentrated on defending. As I said a few weeks ago I think the defence is suffering because of Justys attacking nature. It is time to play him at 5 or 7.

Its not that baffling Roddy. He means that his excellent reading of the game is making up for his obvious lack of pace.

As for the comparison of Pete to Colm, Pete has played half a season to Colm's 3 or 4 seasons. I thought Pete was very good considering his lack of experience at this level. He just needs to release quicker. Future star at this level.

I must admit I was one of the posters writing off Colm Cavanagh this year and he proved me and others wrong. Fair play to him and I hope he continues to improve at this rate. :)

Dermy Carlin was excellent. Sean Cavanagh is the difference in a good Tyrone and a bad Tyrone. He scares the shit out of other teams. The way Kerry double marked him towards the end was amusing to watch. :D

I thought Ricey got the curley finger as he was 4-5 yards behind his man every time the ball came in. What was the injury MR99?

Wee Roddy

EC I was not being critical of Petey by the way. I may have sounded harsh there. What I am saying is perhaps that when you play county football every mistake should be taken by its merit, not just because he is young and inexperienced. I  would be starting Petey every game from now on and because of his ability to learn and his brilliant brain he will realise that you can not carry the ball in the tackle and expect favours from referees when you wear a Tyrone jersey.
I understand what was meant with the Gormley statement now, but I disagree with this lack of pace bandwagon. Ask any of the lads at training or watch the ball he and Donaghy sprinting for in the first half on Saturday. BTW he always played with his instincts ;)

Fuzzman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 29, 2010, 10:35:18 AM

When who got the goal?

Oops I meant when we got the goal at the end. I was surprised as I thought there would be more Kerry men in there.

Yeah I suppose yer right Final Whistle that players like Davey & Colm get slated a lot more than others who are also having bad games. I think its just human nature that when you make a judgement on someone someone that you then try to justify yer statement by looking for other examples to say
"Told yeah he was Sh*te"

I think we're ticking along nicely to be honest with a lot of work to do and a lot of errors to work on.
If we can get a few of these new faces like McCarron settled into the team come May or June I'll be delighted

Firmer pitches, fitter players & of course better referees brought in from Italy

Mr. Nakata

Wee Roddy, the beard is sticking with Justy at full back. I agree with you though. I think he would bring so much more to the party at half back or midfield. I just get the feeling Micky is not going to move him, not now or anytime this year. With one more competitive game before the championship, I would say Justy and Carlin are certs. The other corner is up for grabs. I have a feeling Ricey will be named there with Davy, Block and Jordan as usual on the 40, with Block moving back to pick up the dangerous inside man. All very predictable, but if red Sean gets in for Davy on May 23rd, I'll eat my hat.

MR99

Quote from: Wee Roddy on March 29, 2010, 10:53:13 AM

I agree with you Roddy, Gormley like all great defenders is a great reader of the game and the way he out-sprinted Donaghy definitely surprised me for one, I thought he was excellent.  Young Petey certainly has a lot to learn, but the difference between him and others is that he will learn!  My ideal back 7 would be as follows:
(1) Packie without question
(2) Carlin for the speedy corner forward
(3)  McCarron (has showed he can mark a big man or a speedy man)
(4) Ricey for experience to pick up the roving corner forward all team have
(5)  Jordan (he really looked in good shape)
(6)  Gormley (with 2 pacey men either side he will be solid as a rock and can cover the back 3)
(7)  Justy (would be much more effective here and could be a target for kickouts too, as other teams are starting to target Davey as he is poor in the air)

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quite a funny end to the match, O'Connor had a face like thunder as he walked onto the pitch afterwards :D. Handy 2 points for Tyrone and whilst it was lucky enough right at the death it was probably deserved over the course of the match. Kerry were 1-10 to 0-8 up with 15 minutes to play but didnt score again and who knows the manner of the defeat may work against them and for Tyrone in the months ahead.
Still plenty of work to be done for Tyrone but there are signs that progress is being made and a that a strong team can emerge going into the summer. Im sure a few weeks ago that most Tyrone fans would have settled for going into the last game of the league knowing a win would ensure safety and the team must now kick on and get that victory.

Kerry Mike

Well done Tyrone on the win and the 2 points gained, twas a robbery and always hard to lose a game like that but yerra what harm, thats the learning curve some of the new Kerry lads have to learn and learn fast if they are to defend Sam later in the summer.

Lots to do for us, hopefully the week in the sun will recharge the batteries and the focus for the year and we might hopefully get over Monaghan and then launch ourselves into the championship.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

longrunsthefox

Did you see Sheehy about? He had a lot to say for himself last week.

Mike Sheehy

Yawn, so much ado about a league game.

Although, it has to be said, the brits have cheated us again. O'Mahoney  should  never have gotten the line. I suppose the 800 years of oppression continues.

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 30, 2010, 06:12:50 AM

Although, it has to be said, the brits have cheated us again. O'Mahoney  should  never have gotten the line. I suppose the 800 years of oppression continues.

That's a piss poor effort even by your standards.  ;D :D ;D :D :D

orangeman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 30, 2010, 06:12:50 AM

Not a straight red anyway.