NO MORE BARRACK GAMES

Started by lawnseed, March 21, 2010, 11:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

well Scotland v ireland was the last of that lot, as a bitter opponent of letting soccer and rugby into croker i have to say that after a few games and the good vibe that came with the positive press it wasn't that bad after all and the money is very useful. contracts with Aviva mean that even for big games rugby and soccer must be played at landsdown road (40000) which will inevitably push soccer/rugby out of reach of ordinary working class who given the price that will have to be charged for tickets simply wont be able to afford them. something of an own goal. no doubt our forward thinking leaders will see the big picture and reduce prices to attract the salt of the earth types... thats not even funny is it?  ::) no they'll say soccer is so much and rugger is so much we should charge more and besides we need the money etc.. brace yourselves lads theres a storm coming
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orior

Has anyone seen the balance sheet for Croke Park recently?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

tell me the place is paid for... please! my clubs getting hammered enough trying to get money to pay for the athletic grounds :'(

robertemmet

Only people that are able to fill croker

Soccer
Rugby
The Dubs
Football Final
Hurling Final

AbbeySider

Quote from: robertemmet on March 22, 2010, 07:35:15 AM

Soccer
Rugby
The Dubs
Football Final
Hurling Final

U2
Celine Dion
Robbie Williams

Hereiam

What about JEDWARD or CYRSTAL SWING. Surly these top class acts could fill croke park.  :P

Hardy

Quote from: robertemmet on March 22, 2010, 07:35:15 AM

Soccer
Rugby
The Dubs
Football Final
Hurling Final

OK, I can stretch a point about "Football Final" and "Hurling Final" being people. But the Dubs?

armaghniac

Actually with some prospect of the Dubs being involved in the League final and a division 2 final involving Down and possibly the likes of Kildare or Armagh then for once a big crowd can be had for the League finals this year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rosnarun

Quote from: Orior on March 22, 2010, 12:10:09 AM
any one seen the account of the irfu or the knackers recently financially it was far better for them than the GAA and saved them trip back to the mainland apart of course from Jacks lads who just couldn't stay away
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

muppet

Quote from: Orior on March 22, 2010, 12:10:09 AM

Profit       Loss
2-15       0-6
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

ros remind me where the "mainland" is exactly??? ??? ???

ziggysego

I heard somewhere last week that the GAA are awaiting word back from Dublin City Council about new "exciting" ideas for raising extra revenue by using Croke Park. Apparently there'll be an announcement in 3 weeks.
Testing Accessibility

Farrandeelin

Quote from: lawnseed on March 22, 2010, 09:48:48 PM
ros remind me where the "mainland" is exactly??? ??? ???

rosnarun was been rather nasty and sarcastic when using the mainland. He meant it for the rugby and soccer people.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lawnseed

that oul mainland bbc talk gives me gas  ;)

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on March 22, 2010, 09:52:52 PM
I heard somewhere last week that the GAA are awaiting word back from Dublin City Council about new "exciting" ideas for raising extra revenue by using Croke Park. Apparently there'll be an announcement in 3 weeks.

These "exciting" ideas: would they involve scantily clad young ladies dancing around the goal posts at the canal end?

If not then forget it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians