Selfish, greedy bastard parents

Started by Square Ball, March 16, 2010, 05:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

I couldnt believe that some parents would be so selfish as to take hush money to let some pedo off the hook, bastards, in my book that are no better than the pedo.

charity has condemned the parents of a four-year-old boy who accepted money from a man who sexually abused him instead of reporting him to the police.

Gerard Raffell, 42, a teacher who lived in Daventry, Northamptonshire, agreed to pay £18,000 to the boy's parents.

He was eventually arrested when the boy told of the attacks four years later.

Peter Saunders, of the National Association of People Abused in Childhood (Napac), said: "We are flabbergasted - it goes beyond belief."

Raffell was sentenced to a three-year community sentence at Northampton Crown Court after pleading guilty to causing the boy to engage in sexual activity and seven counts of possessing indecent images of children.

I don't know of any parent who would put a sum of money before bringing the abuser of their child to justice

Peter Saunders, Napac
He was also placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years and banned from ever working with children.

Mr Saunders told BBC Radio 5 Live's Gabby Logan show: "This judge has let a man walk free who has sexually abused a child on many occasions - other children will still be at risk from this man.

"Those parents should have been brought before the court for something because it is outrageous - they discovered their child was being abused and did nothing about it.

"How bizarre - go away, give us some money and go off and abuse children elsewhere.

"The consequences of abuse are profound, they are long standing, they are deeply deeply damaging to the individual.

"I don't know of any parent who would put a sum of money before bringing the abuser of their child to justice. It's incomprehensible."

A spokesperson for the Crown Prosecution Service said: "Gerard Raffell was initially charged with three counts of attempted rape and four counts of causing or inciting a boy under 13 to engage in sexual activity.

"At a plea and case management hearing, the defence indicated the defendant would be prepared to plead guilty to four counts of causing or inciting a boy under 13 to engage in sexual activity.

"In accepting this plea this young victim was spared the ordeal of giving evidence in court.

"This was explained to and accepted by the family."

A spokesman for Northamptonshire County Council said it could not comment on the case in detail.

He added: "We can confirm that the council acted swiftly as soon as this issue came to us as a result of the police investigation to identify the needs of the child involved and respond appropriately
from the BBC
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

longrunsthefox

... sounds like a witch hunt  against these parents who didn't stop this molester  ::) Anyway, it wouldn't happen here...

Square Ball

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 16, 2010, 05:54:29 PM
... sounds like a witch hunt  against these parents who didn't stop this molester  ::) Anyway, it wouldn't happen here...

and why not the witch hunt? no self respecting parent should accept money so some piece of crap could possibly continue molesting young children

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Square Ball on March 16, 2010, 05:57:50 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 16, 2010, 05:54:29 PM

and why not the witch hunt?
no self respecting parent should accept money so some piece of crap could possibly continue molesting young children

Jees! Square Ball, tell me you are kidding?  :-\

leenie

those parents should be locked up..... think of the damage they could have prevented in those 4 yrs if they had reported him!
how could they justify what they did to their son... "sorry but we made 18,000 grand from ya"...
they are just as bad as the peado.... and should be hunted down!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Square Ball

Nope, I am not, they showed no regard for their child and should be pinished in some way. I honestly cannot comprehend this one at all, taking money to keep quite about someone sexually abusing their child, they should be send to jail, they are heartless cruel selfish bastards.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Square Ball on March 16, 2010, 06:06:32 PM
Nope, I am not, they showed no regard for their child and should be pinished in some way. I honestly cannot comprehend this one at all, taking money to keep quite about someone sexually abusing their child, they should be send to jail, they are heartless cruel selfish b**tards.

FFS!!  :-\ Square Ball... I'm alluding to the sh*te from Iceman and Seany and others calling the Sean Brady case a witch hunt and same when I say not reporting to police wouldn't happen here. Yip! agree with you totally.. it's  a no brainer.  The world's coped... it's a disgusting case... same as  Brady there is no excuse... but sure Wacko Jacko (God rest him  ::)) paid  a family millions not to take him to court for molestation of their child and eejits on the board defended him.     

Cde

Michael Jackson done the same

Cops started an investigation and then the parents dropped the charges after receiving $20m and the cops just let it go at that

longrunsthefox

Cde- there was some row about the board when Jacko died and posters called him  a paedophile and made jokes at HIS expense... but then others said he weren't convicted of child abuse... anyway, he's met his maker who sees through everything... even Sean Brady  ;)       

Cde

there is a lot of paedophiles and people who knew what was going on are not convicted but that doesnt make them any less wrong.

Kids are easy frightened and by the time they understand the significance of what happened to them these people are either dead or too old for  anything to be done about it

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Cde on March 16, 2010, 06:45:12 PM
there is a lot of paedophiles and people who knew what was going on are not convicted but that doesnt make them any less wrong.

Kids are easy frightened and by the time they understand the significance of what happened to them these people are either dead or too old for  anything to be done about it

I don't think they are too old... there are war criminals before the courts in their late 80s. 

Square Ball

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 16, 2010, 06:10:17 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on March 16, 2010, 06:06:32 PM
Nope, I am not, they showed no regard for their child and should be pinished in some way. I honestly cannot comprehend this one at all, taking money to keep quite about someone sexually abusing their child, they should be send to jail, they are heartless cruel selfish b**tards.

FFS!!  :-\ Square Ball... I'm alluding to the sh*te from Iceman and Seany and others calling the Sean Brady case a witch hunt and same when I say not reporting to police wouldn't happen here. Yip! agree with you totally.. it's  a no brainer.  The world's coped... it's a disgusting case... same as  Brady there is no excuse... but sure Wacko Jacko (God rest him  ::)) paid  a family millions not to take him to court for molestation of their child and eejits on the board defended him.   

okey dokey, misssed all that

pintsofguinness

Raffell was sentenced to a three-year community sentence at Northampton Crown Court after pleading guilty to causing the boy to engage in sexual activity and seven counts of possessing indecent images of children.

Is this a piss take?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 16, 2010, 07:37:44 PM

Is this a piss take?

I was thinking that myself, thought he should have got a jail sentance, and the parents as well

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on March 16, 2010, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 16, 2010, 07:37:44 PM

Is this a piss take?

I was thinking that myself, thought he should have got a jail sentance, and the parents as well
The parents should be jailed and the child removed for his own safety. They aren't fit to be parents. How low can you go?!