Did Brady covered up child abuse?

Started by longrunsthefox, March 14, 2010, 02:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoud Sean Brady be charged and put before the courts?

Yes-he should be charged
69 (68.3%)
No- he should not
32 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 101

ludermor

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2010, 03:50:14 PM
Good man Fox and Ludermor

More lies

Put more words in my mouth there sure
WTF! So what do you want to happen? You dont think he done anything worng!

orangeman

The Green Party leader and Minister for Environment has said he would have no difficulty with gardaí investigating the circumstances in which two children were asked to sign oaths of secrecy during the Church inquiry, involving the then Fr Séan Brady, into Fr Brendan Smyth in 1975.

John Gormley said there were conflicting views on whether this might have constituted a criminal offence, but if it were appropriate he would have no difficulty with gardaí investigating the matter.

He was commenting on disclosures about Cardinal Brady's involvement with the inquiry in 1975.

Asked if the Cardinal should resign the Minister said:

'It is a matter for the Church authorities and indeed for the Cardinal himself. I suppose in many ways, it is a case of evil triumphing while a good man stood back from a situation. I suppose it is a matter for the Church authorities themselves and Cardinal Brady and his own conscience. He will have to deal with that.'

He said it was very clear none of those involved in the inquiry reported these matters to gardaí and an 'evil character' like Fr Smyth was able to continue his abuse for many years.
It was 'a deeply regrettable situation', he added.

The Minister said no decision had been made yet on extending the Murphy Inquiry to other dioceses or on whether issues such as children signing oaths of secrecy should be included in any new terms of reference.

The Iceman

Quote from: ludermor on March 16, 2010, 03:57:10 PM

More lies

Read my posts lad - I think the opposite.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

delboy

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2010, 03:36:49 PM
No delboy I think this is what I said
Quotehe was bound by vows to do what he was told and unless you are a member of the clergy posting on the GAA Board I don't think any of us can fully understand what this means.

Thats a weak assed arguement style, trying to stifle opinions contrary to your own by claiming only certain individuals have a right to express an opinion, weak, very weak.

ludermor

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2010, 04:10:58 PM

More lies

You think? I dont.
You havent commented on my earlier post about the priest who was sacked after he done some articles on child sex abuse, bit surprising as you seem to have a comment on everything else

longrunsthefox

All this about church is sh*te... Sean Brady the man covered up for the rape and brutalisation of children. Personally I couldn't care less if he stays in power or not as I have no truck with that outfit.
He should be before the criminal court.  Canon law means nada-zilch...

The Iceman

Quote from: delboy on March 16, 2010, 04:13:53 PM
Quotehe was bound by vows to do what he was told and unless you are a member of the clergy posting on the GAA Board I don't think any of us can fully understand what this means.

Thats a weak assed arguement style, trying to stifle opinions contrary to your own by claiming only certain individuals have a right to express an opinion, weak, very weak.
I didn't say others could not have an opinion - again - stop putting words in peoples mouths.
I said we cannot fully understand what Brady went through at the time.

End of
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Quote from: ludermor on March 16, 2010, 04:15:59 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2010, 04:10:58 PM

More lies

So I am supposed to comment on all your posts now? Catch a grip of yourself will you and stop wasting everybody's time with your comments

You think? I dont.
You havent commented on my earlier post about the priest who was sacked after he done some articles on child sex abuse, bit surprising as you seem to have a comment on everything else

delboy

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2010, 04:23:12 PM

I didn't say others could not have an opinion - again - stop putting words in peoples mouths.

End of

It amounts to the same thing, f*ck what he went through, what about what the victims went through, he didn't even have the balls to come forward, not much of a man in my estimations, certainly not worth following. 

The Iceman

Quote from: delboy on March 16, 2010, 04:38:28 PM

End of

It amounts to the same thing, f*ck what he went through, what about what the victims went through, he didn't even have the balls to come forward, not much of a man in my estimations, certainly not worth following.

You're being a ballix now.  You're twisting.  The trend of the conversation when I posted the comments you highlighted was about why Brady did what he did.
When I posted those comments I was not trying to do anything else but explain why I thought he did what he did.

ludermor

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2010, 04:29:28 PM

So I am supposed to comment on all your posts now? Catch a grip of yourself will you and stop wasting everybody's time with your comments
Well thats me told!
So are you saying the fact that a priest who got sacked from his job for highlighting child sex abuse has no relevance to the present situation where the head of the church was actively involved in the cover up ( even if he was follwoing orders) then that is fair enough.

delboy

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2010, 04:40:52 PM
Quote from: delboy on March 16, 2010, 04:38:28 PM

End of

You're being a ballix now.  You're twisting.  The trend of the conversation when I posted the comments you highlighted was about why Brady did what he did.
When I posted those comments I was not trying to do anything else but explain why I thought he did what he did.

So you allow yourself to explain away his actions but at the same time seek to stop others passing comment, doesn't work like that old chap.

thebigfella

The correct answer to the question is

YES

debate over  ;)

longrunsthefox

It'll not be over till these abusers and their accomplices face justice

gallsman

QuoteDid Brady covered up child abuse?

Yes.