The Official Blackberry Thread

Started by JimStynes, March 11, 2010, 11:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hashtag

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 14, 2011, 01:37:58 PM
Ok im gona finally take the plunge and try get a decent phone. Was gonna go for a blackberry but have this notion that il never get used to it and it be too hard to use or some crap. I havnt a clue about phones and normally just use any aul one that allows me to text and take calls. O2 have offered contract for £18.50 a month for blackberry 9300 with unlimited texts, 200 calls to any network and 250 to 02 numbers. Is this good? Ive always been pay and go but dont wanna change to contract with a blackberry then hate them.

:D complete technology fail.

Yes i would advise you go for this deal.  Can I be the first to welcome you to 2011.

tyrone girl

::) ::)
Whats wrong with the fact that i havnt got a blackberry or an iphone?  I have this notion il hate it. I like the wee touch screen nokia i have at the minute. It does my job. Just when they phoned me with this offer got me thinking about maybe going with what everyone else has

screenexile

Used to have an iPhone, then got a HTC and also have a Blackberry through work. All have differing plus points and also down sides.

iPhone has more Apps but mine was a 3G and could be slow as well as signal problems for internet and no flash player (for online videos of American TV Shows).

HTC is fast but have had signal problems for the net and also it completely packed in on me after 2 months and is currently away getting fixed, does have Flash Player though which is a huge plus point.

Blackberry is 100% signal wise, I love the keyboard but it doesn't have that many decent apps yet, no flash player and also the last few days of the network being down was a beyatch!!

All 3 much of a muchness I would say so it really depends on yourself!

fitzroyalty

Iphone 4 looks the business - I've a BlackBerry and it's a heap of shite - do not buy one!

Am looking at switching to iPhone though it's while dear to buy outright (I don't believe in contracts). 

J OGorman

each to their own..but Ive a BB Torch and by fcuk shes some weapon, by far the best phone Ive had inc iPhone. Class camera, HD video and its great to watch videos / boxsets on

screenexile

Quote from: J OGorman on October 14, 2011, 03:26:41 PM
each to their own..but Ive a BB Torch and by fcuk shes some weapon, by far the best phone Ive had inc iPhone. Class camera, HD video and its great to watch videos / boxsets on

Eh?? How are you watching boxsets or videos on it?

maggie

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2011, 03:42:47 PM

IMO the camera is pretty dung, esp as it doesnt have a flash.  I like the keyboard rather than a touch screen and BBM (when it works) is pretty handy.  If your friends have a BlackBerry-you can message them for free regardless of where you are. 

J OGorman

4GB of data built in. PCWorld are selling 8 GB micro SD half-price (or they were) giving 12GB in total. Download or copy a boxset / movie to the PC, use Freemake to convert to mp4, connect BB and browse to the video folder and paste the converted video.

Just finished watching Boardwalk Empire, copied 5 episodes at a time. Had the 20 episodes of Forbrydelsen on it previously, 5 episodes at a time. Handy for planes, buses and even the bed at night

J OGorman

Quote from: maggie on October 14, 2011, 03:49:28 PM

IMO the camera is pretty dung, esp as it doesnt have a flash.  I like the keyboard rather than a touch screen and BBM (when it works) is pretty handy.  If your friends have a BlackBerry-you can message them for free regardless of where you are.

the torch has a flash, think its either the curve or bold that doesnt. The torch has a good big screen and a proper keyboard underneath (that was the main reason i went for it, couldnt be typing on a touch screen)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: J OGorman on October 14, 2011, 03:51:57 PM

4GB of data built in. PCWorld are selling 8 GB micro SD half-price (or they were) giving 12GB in total. Download or copy a boxset / movie to the PC, use Freemake to convert to mp4, connect BB and browse to the video folder and paste the converted video.

Just finished watching Boardwalk Empire, copied 5 episodes at a time. Had the 20 episodes of Forbrydelsen on it previously, 5 episodes at a time. Handy for planes, buses and even the bed at night
can the same be done for an iphone? wouldnt mind sticking a few movies on it if thats possible - what software etc is needed if it is ?
Or do you have to purchase from itunes? is that the only way ?
TIA

screenexile

Every day's a school day!!! That's brilliant I didn't even know my phone could do that. . . I would go with the BB Torch then Maggie it has shot up in my estimation!

As for yours lynchbhoy the iPhone is more than capable of doing that also providing you have enough space. It would be the same as JOG has outlined to get it into mp4 format then just add the movie to your iTunes library as you would a song, sync it to your phone and Bob's your uncle!

bigfrank

My BB still aint workin fully and about two weeks it stopped me sendin my brother is oz and friends in ny messages bia blackberry messenger...im not sure if this was due to blackberry problems or my fone or set up...very frustrating :(

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2011, 04:28:36 PM

Every day's a school day!!! That's brilliant I didn't even know my phone could do that. . . I would go with the BB Torch then Maggie it has shot up in my estimation!

As for yours lynchbhoy the iPhone is more than capable of doing that also providing you have enough space. It would be the same as JOG has outlined to get it into mp4 format then just add the movie to your iTunes library as you would a song, sync it to your phone and Bob's your uncle!
thanks lads ,that works!!

paco

Got the new curve, impressed so far! Quick question though, anyone use the ESPN Goals app? Does it work outside the UK?