The HOLYLANDS St Patricks Day

Started by unitedireland, March 10, 2010, 11:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unitedireland

Will the riot squad cops be out in force in Belfast on st patricks day????
Last year the students were messing about but i don't think there was any need for the the riot squad!
There are cameras put up in the holyland this week.
The press coverage was very biased last year. One of the main issue the press covered was the touted £30,000 it cost for the riot squad to be deployed. When this figure was talked about they didn't quote the price for policing at orange marches during the marching season.
Cieran Wood from Gaelic Life made a very appropriate point in an article when he identified that the Spids in the allyways were the main culprit's for the missile throwing.

ziggysego

Sounds like you're planning another session next Wednesday unitedireland  :D
Testing Accessibility

Nally Stand

Speaking in defence of Mr Woods, nobody from Carmen should ever need to, try to, or be asked to explain or even care about the actions of those living in loughmacrory. It's a section of Greater Carrickmore we want nothing to do with ;-)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hardy

Quote from: unitedireland on March 10, 2010, 11:52:00 PMOne of the main issue the press covered was the touted £30,000 it cost for the riot squad to be deployed. When this figure was talked about they didn't quote the price for policing at orange marches during the marching season.

Good benchmark - orange marches. You have high aspirations and broad horizons.

nifan

The holyland is a disaster every st paddies day. Id be surprised if last year everyone was just in high spirits and it was purely down to the spides.

Most of the students just go out and have the craic, but there are a good few who use the day for the excuse to go mad.

illdecide

Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2010, 12:01:15 AM
Was Ciaran Woods of Gaelic Life there?

Can Ciaran Woods of Gaelic Life explain why the good honest country folk were lifted by the peelers?

Can Ciaran Woods of Gaelic Life put forward a case for HIS CLOSE NEIGHBOURS (from Loughmacrory), who were lifted?

Is Ciaran Woods full of it?

You decide......

illdecide ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

I'll be very surprised to see anything near the levels of what happened last year and before. CCTV has just been installed, so there's no hiding...I'm growing a moustache just to be sure  :P

ziggysego

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 11, 2010, 03:36:37 PM
I'll be very surprised to see anything near the levels of what happened last year and before. CCTV has just been installed, so there's no hiding...I'm growing a moustache just to be sure :P

Are you able to?
Testing Accessibility

GetOffThePitch

I disagree with the PSNI action on this one. They didnt hit them hard enough.  ;D

People live in those areas- if you wanna have toy fights go to a sandpit- without your celtic tops and carryouts.

DownFanatic

If trouble erupts again, Id love to see the riot squad wade in and take to the culchie bastids with their batons. That would knock a bit of manners in to them.

eiled in the bushes

seems like bit of a knee jerk reaction.media made sure it got plenty of coverage.used to live in a black hole where patriotic loyalists would regularly attack innocent people and homes after big parades with SS sitting watching.
get some metal in your life

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: GetOffThePitch on March 11, 2010, 05:15:47 PM

I disagree with the PSNI action on this one. They didnt hit them hard enough.  ;D

People live in those areas- if you wanna have toy fights go to a sandpit- without your celtic tops and carryouts.
Hehe I agree
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Massey-135

Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2010, 12:01:15 AM
Was Ciaran Woods of Gaelic Life there?

Can Ciaran Woods of Gaelic Life explain why the good honest country folk were lifted by the peelers?

Can Ciaran Woods of Gaelic Life put forward a case for HIS CLOSE NEIGHBOURS (from Loughmacrory), who were lifted?

Is Ciaran Woods full of it?

You decide......

Where you there? I seen it, and Ciaran Woods was right, it was spides throwing the bottles at police. The people from loughmacrory arrested no doubt deserved it too, but they weren't students either

screenexile

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.