Renshaws Return??

Started by DirtyDozen12, March 09, 2010, 04:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: maggie on March 09, 2010, 04:58:35 PM
Loved that place.
Many a happy evening was spent in Renshaws

Evening? You must have been part of the 'third wave'!!

It was some craic. There was talk of taking a day off and getting a crowd together to invade the new place, to let them know the history of the site.
Mountains of school/kit bags piled to the right of the door, place pumping at midday, a crowd of fat whores singing 'the ranch, the ranch, the ranch is on fire...'. 3 4 5 being properly abused by getting pints of fat frog, the chippie lad outside going mental as someone else turned off the gas while his mates stole burgers... Oh the memories... :)

Archie Mitchell

I hear charlie stubbs is cutting the red tape at the official opening.

goal and a point

Shows you the cycle of the pub - i mind it in 98+ as the old renshaws and them doing it up in 2001 and then 7 years later it was closed.

I mind queuing to get into Renshaws at 2pm on a monday.

Sanjay, decky etc were the cult bar men at that time

supersarsfields

Quote from: goal and a point on March 09, 2010, 05:46:27 PM
Shows you the cycle of the pub - i mind it in 98+ as the old renshaws and them doing it up in 2001 and then 7 years later it was closed.

I mind queuing to get into Renshaws at 2pm on a monday.

Sanjay, decky etc were the cult bar men at that time

Yeah they were still the main ones in 1999 aswell. Tho I think Sanjay went on to some other pub/ nightclub in 2000 ish.

Onion Bag

It is def happening, I know a girl that works in the hotel and i can confirm that it is opening up, but there is no way it will become the place it was in my days,

i spent 4 years in the place
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

gallsman

Culchies the lot of you.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

gallsman

Quote from: ziggysego on March 09, 2010, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 09, 2010, 06:17:35 PM
Culchies the lot of you.

and proud of it ;)

Maybe this will have some silver lining and remove some of the cretins who've taken over the bot in the last few years.

haranguerer

Ah ffs - he was cracking a joke, no harm done, then got pissed off cos someone played the victim - understandable

DownFanatic

Was 5 years in Shaft and if I drank ten times in there it was ten times too many. An absolute dive infested with rural degenerates who used it as a haven to express their backward ways.

Tony Baloney

A ficking shithole full of rednecks from Tyrone and Armagh. The place should have been torched, preferably with all the munchies still in it. Would have been some fire with all the polyester football jerseys in it.

More of a Dukes man myself.

Puckoon

Tony Im a tyrone munchie, but preferred Dukes myself. Left half my chin, 2 teeth and my right eyebrow on a kerb outside of it.

Always thought it was particularly classy how they gave you warm wet plastic glasses right out of the dishwasher with your vodka and reef in it. They always made sure the plastic glasses were coloured.

aontroim

Quote from: gallsman on March 09, 2010, 06:25:31 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 09, 2010, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 09, 2010, 06:17:35 PM
Culchies the lot of you.

and proud of it ;)

Maybe this will have some silver lining and remove some of the cretins who've taken over the bot in the last few years.

gallsman i hate to break it to you but the Bot has been a haven for so called 'culchies' since the late 80's/early 90's if not earlier! granted maybe the chip-eaters get to take it back on a saturday night  ;)

illdecide

Quote from: Puckoon on March 09, 2010, 11:07:04 PM
Tony Im a tyrone munchie, but preferred Dukes myself. Left half my chin, 2 teeth and my right eyebrow on a kerb outside of it.

Always thought it was particularly classy how they gave you warm wet plastic glasses right out of the dishwasher with your vodka and reef in it. They always made sure the plastic glasses were coloured.

When TG gets ya she'll finish ya off
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

leenie

aww the memories, it will be 10 yrs ago next week that i had my first all day st paddys session in it...

tho i do have to say the "ranch is on fire" is something i could easily forget
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..