Tyrone v Cork - Healy Park, 13/03/10

Started by omagh_gael, March 08, 2010, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: EC Unique on March 13, 2010, 09:07:37 PM
Important win and great to see a few men back. Gormley injury serious?

"bit of a dead leg"
Its Grim up North

Aaron Boone

Great by Tyone, Aidan Cassidy showed up really well at the meaty end of the game.
Cork will wonder how they lost it as they were scoring for fun at times.
Terrific lobbed goal by Colm Cavanagh in the first half.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 13, 2010, 09:16:59 PM
Great by Tyone, Aidan Cassidy showed up really well at the meaty end of the game.

At the match and at the 45 marker so had good view of it. He went for point and it fell short.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

saffron sam2

At the match and at the 45 marker so had good view of it. He went for point and it fell short.

saffron sam2

under the bar

Were you at the match saffron sam and did you get a good view of Colm Cavanaghs goal  by any chance??

omagh_gael

Great game first off, still don't know how Tyrone won but showed great fight to get back into it! Again well done Colm Cavanagh, was involved in a lot of good moves and showed for the ball all night. I don't think he meant his goal TBH, was right level with him when he hit it and looked like he under hit a point attempt.

Defence was quite loose at times and we are giving away so many scores through silly silly mistakes, Johnny Curran had an absolute shocker. He just seemed to loose the head after a couple of early mistakes. Surprised he stayed on.

Overall an excellent game for this time of year with some great score-taking, excellent to have two points on the board and hopefully we can add to that in Tuam next Sunday!

moysider

On tv it looked like he went for the lob and nailed it perfectly.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 13, 2010, 09:42:52 PM

actually thought at the time he meant it, but would need to see it again
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gerry

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 13, 2010, 09:42:52 PM

your all fecking very funny
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Midlands Man

Who did the scoring in this game tonight lads..

Archie Mitchell

Great game of football tonight, great win too although a bit undeserved. As they say goals win games and that's what won it for Tyrone tonight. Cork were running Tyrone ragged at times but Tyrone did well to stay in contention. Tyrone defence still looking dodgy though and Curran is a liabilty. Best for Tyrone were Cassidy (MOTM), Cavanagh and Penrose. Cork were flying at times and will be hard to stop again come the summer.

DirtyDozen12

Great entertainment tonight and for all you stokes looking free steaming on the net, go and pay the 5 squid subscription fee to setanta and watch it live on the TV.  Some stokey bastards on here alright.

Really enjoyed the game, Cork forwards are very lively and very easy of the eye.  they had some great moves and great scores.  credit to tyrone though, plucky tonight and great to grind out that win.  Thought Mulgrew was good and was surprised at him being withdrawn.  Mark donnelly had a good game too i thought and was also unlucky to receive the curly finger.  Great battle in midfield tonight, Cork midfield very big and strong and mobile so i thought credit to Colly Cav and Cassidy who stuck with them all through the game after the way Corcaigh midelg dominated Galway last week.  Magic kicked some lovely scores tonight and looks in terrific condition for this time of the year, it has been years since he has been this sharp as this stage of the year.  You have to say that based on tonight, McGinley, Hub and Brian McGuigan have a bit of work to do to prove they are worthy for a place on the starting 15.  Team didnt seem to overly miss them tonight.  Still think Tyrone forward line is not gluing togther as well as it should, thought cork forwards looked sharper and more cohesive.  Bit of work to do in the forward line.  Nice to have the first 2 points in the bag.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 13, 2010, 09:10:27 PM
Great to hear. Out of curiosity how did Mark Donnelly perform? Did he stay in the half forward line?

though Mark Donnelly done well Nally Stand, showed for the ball and didnt hide, got on her early in the match and worked hard,  Done really well for Tommy McGuigans goal.  Stayed wing half forward i think.  Withdrew second half for Seany Cav i think it was but i would have been happy enough with his performance.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!