Author Topic: Willie Frazer and FAIR  (Read 166278 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Willie Frazer and FAIR
« Reply #960 on: August 09, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »
“Leading”. I’m surprised he can tie his own shoe laces. Why this guy continues to be news I do not know.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 09, 2019, 08:55:58 PM »
“Leading”. I’m surprised he can tie his own shoe laces. Why this guy continues to be news I do not know.

More interested in why anybody would believe in promoting & funding anything to do with the "culture, history & identity" of the West Winds estate. Mind you - wee Jamie obviously paid attention in school - he can do joined up writing. Trouble is, it was supposed to be somebody else putting their name to the accounts. Full marks for the handwriting. Downside: 6 months coming up for forgery - hopefully. Free the West Winds One.

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 09, 2019, 08:57:33 PM »

Nolan gives him a lot of airtime which is an insult to the listeners. Might not get as much now though.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 09, 2019, 09:47:36 PM »
Something happened with him before and he still gets airtime. Here’s hoping it comes to an end soon. He’s no better than some of them boys in the new lodge.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #964 on: August 09, 2019, 10:02:12 PM »
He gets airtime because these “phone-in” shows have about 5 people who phone in everyday. Then a handful of headcases (usually the end is nigh types). There isn’t much competition.
As well as that, he actually does speak for a large portion of working class unionism in the city. There is a total disconnect between the elected and the electorate in working class unionist areas. They are poles apart on many fundamental issues. Bryson is their voice.
So, if the BBC wants to understand the mindset of those involved in Avoniel, for example, they’ll get it exactly from Bryson, not the political representative of the area.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 09, 2019, 10:08:06 PM »
I would say a large portion is a bit of a stretch.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #966 on: August 09, 2019, 10:09:50 PM »
I wouldn’t. I think you’d find a large portion of people in the village, Shankill, Tiger’s Bay and working class east Belfast would agree with what Bryson has to say most of the time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 10:12:22 PM by hardstation »

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 09, 2019, 10:18:00 PM »
I wouldn’t. I think you’d find a large portion of people in the village, Shankill, Tiger’s Bay and working class east Belfast would agree with what Bryson has to say most of the time.

Flegs, pallets, tyres, our culture, OWC & not an 'O' Level between them. Their only educational achievement  is to get statemented.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 10:19:49 PM by playwiththewind1st »

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #968 on: August 09, 2019, 10:21:58 PM »

Flegs, pallets, tyres, our culture, OWC & not an 'O' Level between them. Their only educational achievement  is to get statemented.
That’s a poor enough comment tbh.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 09, 2019, 10:27:43 PM »

And so do the DUP and other unionist parties.  Re: issues like the bonefires, they all sing off the same hymn sheet (no pun intended).

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 09, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »

True though.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #971 on: August 09, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »

True though.
It’s not. It doesn’t even make sense and it is pretty crass. Please use the education you received and stop making fun of people who have been assessed as having special needs.

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 09, 2019, 10:51:52 PM »
HS knows his stuff, in my opinion

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 10, 2019, 12:04:55 AM »
What are their asessed special needs?

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 10, 2019, 08:52:03 AM »
What are their asessed special needs?

to get statemented is to be assessed for a learning disabilty/special need.