Connacht Minor League 2010

Started by SLIGONIAN, March 06, 2010, 12:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Yes it was, but apparently it was also the score in the minor match as well :o

Farrandeelin

Since our one point loss to the Rossies, Mayo have beaten Longford by 0-12 to 0-9 and Galway by 0-10 to 0-5.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

well since our four point win over Mayo, we lost to leitrim by a point & Drew with Sligo

leitrim look a good outside bet for the connacht championship this year judging by there results..... hammered both Sligo & longford & by far the biggest & strongest looking team in this league

p.s the Minor league match was Mayo 0-8 Ros 2-6.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Mi9ssed most of the Sligo v. Ros game but a decent result for our lads cosidering the players we're missing. It will be a job to integrate them in time for the Connacht Championship but we should be fairly competitive. If the CML results are anything to go by we've improved considerably in the last month.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 06, 2010, 11:00:32 AM
Mi9ssed most of the Sligo v. Ros game but a decent result for our lads cosidering the players we're missing. It will be a job to integrate them in time for the Connacht Championship but we should be fairly competitive. If the CML results are anything to go by we've improved considerably in the last month.

Thats a far assessment, I was at the leitrim and Roscommon game, and it was a significant improvement, I was harsh after the first game. Leitrim are very good strong side and if they have any belief theyll be very hard to beat.

Sligo tighten up the defence and played some very good football, some players look a bit rusty yet, and team has to gel. I feel the players are there Seanie and with Attractas to come in and Kennedy etc..its all about gelling together. But the improvement shown shows there is good work going on behind the scenes with these lads. I trust Mulhern for some reason I just think he'll get right this year. If half our team can be competitve against Galway and Ros we are heading in right direction.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Not good news Sligo 1-4 Longford 4-8

In fairness it was tighter than that. Sligo started with the wind but a VERY weak side, players who wont even make the championship squad starting. It was littered with mistakes the 1st half, i think it was 1-5 to 0-2 to longford.
Sligo played alot better against the wind and the introduction of Killian Sweeney, Ciarn Mcgrath and eoin doherty made us alot stronger. we got a goal and pt early but then when dominating midfield missed loads of chances to get closer to longford. Our forwards just couldnt score into strong breeze. Its a pity we didnt play as well in 1st half as wind assisted the lads who of scored more but poor team out in 1st half hampered that.
Best for Sligo was 5 Donal Brady (very good going forward but his man did alot of damage, needs to work on defencisive capabilities) Oisin cox did well, Mickey O hehir worked hard and was very good on ball,Niall Collery did well and was our main scoring threat but needs to work on his shooting. Killian sweeney was probably our best player, came on at HT and dominated midfield.
No need to panic, the FB line was very loose but wont start championship, with Injuries and attractas to come in it will improve the team. As of now its impossible to judge the Sligo minors but we do not have strength in depth for sure. I can only 5/6 of the 20 to start championship.

ross4life

Today results

Sligo 0-11 1-14 Mayo
Galway 0-13 0-12 leitrim
longford 2-9 Roscommon 2-14
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 10, 2010, 11:18:45 PM
Today results

Sligo 0-11 1-14 Mayo
Galway 0-13 0-12 leitrim

Was at the Sligo game, the CML has been a rollercoaster so far, but not a true reflection of the minors at all. I was at Attractas game yday and they are a huge loss to any team, 10 players to come in of which 2/3 did play today and were our better players. Happy leaving today despite the loss, Mayo are a fine team, and FF was immense, some other lovely footballers but we had some players playing wont be starting or even in panel so tougher times ahead for mayo, and for Sligo its about getting a few tough challenges and gelling the Attractas lads in.

To be honest the leitrim,mayo and roscommon on one side is a good thing for Sligo as I think Galway are weakest despite the result above. June 27th is a massive game.

Longford are good side but have a championship game around the corner so itd be hard to know if they rested a few.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 10, 2010, 11:50:01 PM
Today results

Sligo 0-11 1-14 Mayo
Galway 0-13 0-12 leitrim
To be honest the leitrim,mayo and roscommon on one side is a good thing for Sligo as I think Galway are weakest despite the result above. June 27th is a massive game.

Sure how on earth would you know unless you've seen all the teams in action? In fact you'd probably have to see them more than once to make any meaningful judgement.

A few days ago you said Leitrim were the best minor team in Connacht and then when they lose to Galway you say Galway are still worse than Leitrim, Mayo and Roscommon. Let's be honest you haven't a f**king clue. No more than myself or anyone else.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 11, 2010, 02:02:36 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 10, 2010, 11:50:01 PM
Today results

Sligo 0-11 1-14 Mayo
Galway 0-13 0-12 leitrim

Sure how on earth would you know unless you've seen all the teams in action? In fact you'd probably have to see them more than once to make any meaningful judgement.

A few days ago you said Leitrim were the best minor team in Connacht and then when they lose to Galway you say Galway are still worse than Leitrim, Mayo and Roscommon. Let's be honest you haven't a f**king clue. No more than myself or anyone else.

No I didnt, why are you lieing? I said Leitirm looked very good against us. Would be a match for anyone i said. Galway and roscommon looked the poorest against us is all im saying. Mayo and Leitrim look better imo so Im glad we play Galway. Relax, i didnt piss on beer last nite did I.

Shrewdness

Today results

Sligo 0-11 1-14 Mayo
Galway 0-13 0-12 leitrim

Ross, are you sure about that Longford/Roscommon result?

Mid West Radio gave out that same scoreline, but they had Longford winning it ???

ross4life

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 11, 2010, 06:56:50 PM
Today results

Sligo 0-11 1-14 Mayo
Galway 0-13 0-12 leitrim

Ross, are you sure about that Longford/Roscommon result?

Mid West Radio gave out that same scoreline, but they had Longford winning it ???

yep 100% sure

Here's the team & scorers

C Lavin
C Cafferky
C Daly
J Murray (S Carty 25)
D McDermot
P Corbett
K Donoghue (0-1)
D Jones (E Donohoe 45)
M Holland (0-1)
R Timothy (D Smith 35, 0-1)
G Cregg (0-1)(F Cregg 45)
C Egan
C Compton (0-1)(C O'Neill 55, 0-1)
S Leyden
C Murtagh (2-8, 7f,1 pen)

If we beat Galway next Weekend we have a Great chance to top the Table