Spotify

Started by Caid, March 06, 2010, 09:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caid

Has anyone here got the capability to send invites on spotify?  I used to use pandora when in the states and I think this sort of thing is deadly.

If someone can send me an invite to b1461402@qub.ac.uk I would be very grateful.

Thanks
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Nally Stand

What is spotify? :$
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Caid

Its like an online radio station that builds the tracklist around your tastes...

So say you type in "Christy Moore" at the start. It might play you a Christy Song or two.  Then it will play you other music that it similar that it things you might like - say something like Liam Clancy.  Then you can say whether you like or dislike the song and they will consider that in future selections.  So if they play Kenny Rogers and you say "like" they may go a wee bit more towards country.  If you say "dislike" they may go back to Christy and then try the other side like mary black or something.

Tis a great way to discover new music.
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Nally Stand

Sounds brilliant actually. Can you only join by being invited? If so, can anyone out there invite me too? lol
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Zapatista

I used pandora all the time then the cut of the service outside the us. Got an email about a year ago saying they were starting up again but nothing since. If some can invite me to Spotify too I'd appreciate it. PM me, cheers.

Mack the finger

Downloaded it (sounds great) only to see an invite is needed?
Greatly appreciate it if anyone could pm, cheers.

gerry

for those who do not have spotify this might do the job

we7
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gerry on July 26, 2010, 07:56:19 PM
for those who do not have spotify this might do the job

we7
yeah have been using this lately and its great
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Elias

Cheers for the head up there lads. Was pissed off couldn't access Spotify recently but that we7 site is first class.  ;D

The Watcher Pat

I'm using spotify myself but only use the free version. Have to listen to the odd advert every now and again.. But anyhow you can only send invites if you pay for the premium version.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Atticus_Finch

Laptop got wiped there and lost all my stuff on it like spotify,  have a free spotify account but i can't even download spotify player without being asked for a code.  Could any kind soul PM me a code or advise how i can download without a code ?
Cheers
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Overthebar!

why did the laptop get wiped atticus? watching stuff you shouldn't have been? ;)

Atticus_Finch

How did you guess OTB ?

Yeah i was having a butcher's at the below site and my laptop was never the same, so it got wiped:

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/  (NOT SAFE FOR WORK !)

Any aul barn dance of a spotify invite ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

lurganblue

Is it possible to get the free version on the iPhone?