Religion.

Started by cash4gold, March 03, 2010, 03:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Rav67 on September 09, 2010, 09:04:54 PM
I think anyone who has bothered to study evolution and how humans came to exist could not honestly believe in God, or certainly not believe in the entire dogma of a religion (apart of course from those fools who convince themselves that they need to have blind faith in something for comfort or to please other people)

Evolution isn't the only theory other than creationism. In fact you are just a figmant of my imagination and therefore to you I am God.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Zapatista on September 10, 2010, 12:41:33 AM
Quote from: Rav67 on September 09, 2010, 09:04:54 PM
I think anyone who has bothered to study evolution and how humans came to exist could not honestly believe in God, or certainly not believe in the entire dogma of a religion (apart of course from those fools who convince themselves that they need to have blind faith in something for comfort or to please other people)

Evolution isn't the only theory other than creationism. In fact you are just a figmant of my imagination and therefore to you I am God.
No, to you you are God. If he's only imaginary then he can't think anything. But I'm with you except you might need to provided some evidence of your theory like evolutionists have, and like religous people haven't, leaving aside herself appearing in the odd place. Such a tease.

Zapatista

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 10, 2010, 10:25:12 AM
No, to you you are God. If he's only imaginary then he can't think anything. But I'm with you except you might need to provided some evidence of your theory like evolutionists have, and like religous people haven't, leaving aside herself appearing in the odd place. Such a tease.

Why don't you provide evidence? Evolution is only a theory.

Hardy

Quote from: Zapatista on September 10, 2010, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 10, 2010, 10:25:12 AM

What? You haven't heard about the evidence? There's a fair bit of it, to be honest, so it could take a while. You could start here:

http://www.literature.org/authors/darwin-charles/the-origin-of-species-6th-edition/

When you're done. Let us know the bits of it you dispute. (Supported, of course, by your contrary evidence).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Zapatista on September 10, 2010, 10:34:38 AM

Huh?! Have you been got at Zap?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

Quote from: Hardy on September 10, 2010, 11:57:25 AM
What? You haven't heard about the evidence? There's a fair bit of it, to be honest, so it could take a while. You could start here:

http://www.literature.org/authors/darwin-charles/the-origin-of-species-6th-edition/

When you're done. Let us know the bits of it you dispute. (Supported, of course, by your contrary evidence).

I've no time to read all that Hardy. I'm only half way through the old testament at the minute.

Are natural selection and the evolution of humns not different things?

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán link=topic=15618.msg849129#msg849129

Who got at me? Can't really go into to much detail as i'm on my phone in a small town in Florida. I've something big on tomorrow. 8)

Hardy

Quote from: Zapatista on September 10, 2010, 12:36:41 PM

I've no time to read all that Hardy. I'm only half way through the old testament at the minute.

No problem. Obviously, you won't know if you've got a better theory until you've read it. I could give you a tip, but it's up to you - put down the old testament for a while and get stuck into Darwin. I'd be surprised if you don't learn more from it. Plus it's way less violent.

QuoteAre natural selection and the evolution of humns not different things?

Not sure what you mean. Humans evolved through natural selection.

Olly

There are two ways to look at this.

1. God made everything even evil

2. We evolved from flowers and plants and even rocks.

We will never know as it'll a conundrum that's eternal. No one can convince no one as no one has any proof for ever and ever.

It's like the other puzzle - if a man drops a pin on the sand in a dessert, can he hear it?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Zapatista

Quote from: Hardy on September 10, 2010, 12:48:31 PM

No problem. Obviously, you won't know if you've got a better theory until you've read it. I could give you a tip, but it's up to you - put down the old testament for a while and get stuck into Darwin. I'd be surprised if you don't learn more from it. Plus it's way less violent.

QuoteAre natural selection and the evolution of humns not different things?

Not sure what you mean. Humans evolved through natural selection.

If you look back at my original post I pointed out that the poster is a creation of my own, in my own head. Therefore I am his God. This is an internal debate between me and my imagination so please get out of my head. I know you and Fear are real as you come up with stuff i'd never think of (not to mention your impecible grammer) but the jury is still out on Olly.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán link=topic=15618.msg849129#msg849129

Who got at me? Can't really go into to much detail as i'm on my phone in a small town in Florida. I've something big on tomorrow. 8)

They've just discovered a place in South Africa where the first Homo Sapiens arose, and whence we all have come -- 150,000 years ago. Not to mention these remains of our knuckle-dragging ancestors (think GW Bush) of almost 2 million years ago:

Oul boys

Take your head out of your creationist arse man  ;)  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 10, 2010, 01:14:17 PM

They've just discovered a place in South Afrcia where the first Homo Sapiens arose, and whence we all have come -- 150,000 years ago. Not mention these remains of our knucke-dragging ancestors (think GW Bush) of almost 2 million years ago:

Oul boys

Take your head out of your creationist arse man  ;)  :D

You Science boys must accept what goes up must come down. Ye are already on your way back to knuckle dragging (think GWB).

The beauty of it is that you can't uncreate something :)

Rav67

Obviously Zap's taking the piss but the oul creationists do often come out with crap about there being no proof of evolution.  I think its becuase they only talk to/listen to each other.  Have a read of Dawkins' book The Greatest Show on Earth: Evidence for Evolution - then try to argue otherwise!

Olly I could happily sit and hear your philosophical musings all day.

deiseach

Quote from: Rav67 on September 10, 2010, 01:16:17 PM
Obviously Zap's taking the piss but the oul creationists do often come out with crap about there being no proof of evolution.  I think its becuase they only talk to/listen to each other.  Have a read of Dawkins' book The Greatest Show on Earth: Evidence for Evolution - then try to argue otherwise!

Fair play to Dawkins, he's starting to make the positive case for evolution rather than accusing those who don't agree with him of being no better than child abusers

Billys Boots

Quote from: deiseach on September 10, 2010, 02:32:18 PM

Fair play to Dawkins, he's starting to make the positive case for evolution rather than accusing those who don't agree with him of being no better than child abusers

He's always made a good, rationale case for his beliefs - he just hasn't been good at tolerating (or being noce to) people with (as he describes them) irrational beliefs. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 10, 2010, 02:42:51 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 10, 2010, 02:32:18 PM

He's always made a good, rationale case for his beliefs - he just hasn't been good at tolerating (or being noce to) people with (as he describes them) irrational beliefs. 

Exactly