AFL Trials Gormanstown

Started by Jimmy14, March 03, 2010, 09:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy14

Anybody know what time these trials are on at today?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

tyssam5

4pm: I'm looking forward to a lucrative new career making 30k in Alice Springs!

mattockranger

4pm perfect time fo nosey feckers like me not to be able to make it...why not make it 7 or 8...typical

Is it indoor or out on their playing fields??
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

mattockranger

tyssam you must have meant 4pm Austrailian time.....  :'(

http://www.inpho.ie/cgi-bin/WebObjects/INPHO-Shop.woa/wa/e?e=t-KPsH1Ef4yIC_1gpfesbbLC8Gsm7YR7474fBMVUNh0.a

I see Derry fans will be dissapointed that their boy was one of the high profile candidates

and I notice that the other players identity is well hidden.....

Ciaran Hughes from monaghan and the 4 dublin guys??

Donal shine
Brian Sheridan
Michael Murphy
Caolan O'Boyle

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

GAA_Punter

AFL agent Ricky Nixon hosted the latest AFL recruitment camp at Gormanston College today with players from across the country in attendance.

Derry's James Kielt, Roscommon's Donal Shine, Brian Sheridan of Meath, Donegal's Michael Murphy and Kieran Hughes of Monaghan were among those present for the trials.

More below

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/03/03/nixon-holds-afl-camp-2/

INDIANA

paddy andrews
rory o carroll
cian o sullivan
james mc carthy

dublin

The Worker

Simon crozier from Armagh was in attendance

GalwayBayBoy

There was a Galway kitbag there but I have no idea who was at the trial.

Family guy

Deion Gallagher and conor mcnabb from tyrone were there

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Family guy on March 03, 2010, 08:04:55 PM
Deion Gallagher and conor mcnabb from tyrone were there

I heard also that Kevin Hughes was at it!!

boojangles

Barry Reilly Kingscourt Stars and Cavan, nephew of the great Jim Reilly was there. Gearoid Mc Kiernan, Swanlinbar and Cavan I believe was also there.

INDIANA

AFL agent Ricky Nixon has branded Pat Gilroy "a fool" after it was understood that the Dublin manager banned his players from attending yesterday's trials at Gormanstown College.

Cian O'Sullivan, Paddy Andrews, Rory O'Carroll and James McCarthy had all been invited to attend the camp by Nixon at the Co Meath venue but none attended, which left Nixon aggravated, saying that "you can't dictate people's lives".

"I am led to believe he called his players last night (Tuesday) and threatened that they would not play at the weekend if they came to the trial," said Nixon.

"I am not gonna stop a player from playing county football, it doesn't make a difference to our recruitment - we will still recruit the players.

"So what he is doing is ridiculous and he is just making a fool of himself."

Derry's James Kielt and Donie Shine of Roscommon were among two of the country's top young talents which did attend the camp.

Others in Nixon's sights are: Niall McKenna (Tyrone), Barry Reilly (Cavan), Paul Conroy and Ronan Steede (both Galway), Caolan O'Boyle (Derry), Ciaran Hughes (Monaghan), Shane McDonald, Jack Sheehan (both Dublin), Brian Sheridan (Meath), Sean O'Kennedy, Ross Whearity, Darren McGeever and Michael Murphy (all Donegal).

Michael Murphy, who is the current 'Young Footballer of the Year', was one of the main interests of Nixon and representatives from the St Kilda, Richmond, Geelong and Western Bulldogs clubs.

Well done Pat. ;D.