It's now Paisley Jnr v Allister in North Antrim

Started by Seany, March 02, 2010, 08:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

The Big Man has decided not to run for election this time.  Allister will be rubbing his hands with glee.  He definitely can beat Ian og

orangeman

This is massive - Mc Allister will be taking him on in a big way.

Expect the dirt to be dished on all sides shortly.

Let the games begin !

longrunsthefox

Word is the election on the Unionist factions will be very dirty... let's hope so  :P 

ziggysego

Surely the DUP aren't stupid enough to put Ian Og up against Jim. He's a complete liability for them. If so, u fully edpect to see Jim become the next MP for North Antrim.
Testing Accessibility

angermanagement

The Paisley name will still carry a lot of weight in North Antrim, I would expect Ian og to scrape through but not by much.

cash4gold

Isn't it wonderful how it's all based purely on policies in this place.  :-\

Bensars

Looking forward to this one. Theres bound to be a few shemoozles between the men in the suits, a christianlty scrum so to speak !

Aerlik

Lads, most of you have absolutely NO idea just how powerful the Paisley name is in North Antrim.  Papa Doc will be more than just standing in the sidelines.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Hereiam

Hopefully he will be six feet under very soon.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Aerlik on March 02, 2010, 03:37:59 PM
Lads, most of you have absolutely NO idea just how powerful the Paisley name is in North Antrim.  Papa Doc will be more than just standing in the sidelines.

I agree with Aerlik here, Ian Óg will win the seat handy enough, albeit with a greatly reduced surplus.
Tbc....

theskull1

As the great bill hicks quipped

Thankyou Lord for all those options
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Maguire01

Quote from: cash4gold on March 02, 2010, 10:57:14 AM
Isn't it wonderful how it's all based purely on policies in this place.  :-\
Well to be honest, apart from the one sticking point - i.e. power sharing - there really can't be any other differences between DUP and TUV policy.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Hereiam on March 02, 2010, 03:44:27 PM

Ach, I wouldn't wish death on anyone but when I half heard the news tonight on the Seamus McKee extravaganza, I thought he was dead the way they were talking about the 'big man'.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

red hander

Paisley seems to have become this benign, almost 'loveable' OAP figure in recent years... the oul bastard practically started the Troubles single-handedly

Maguire01

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on March 02, 2010, 06:21:46 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on March 02, 2010, 03:44:27 PM

Ach, I wouldn't wish death on anyone but when I half heard the news tonight on the Seamus McKee extravaganza, I thought he was dead the way they were talking about the 'big man'.
When I heard "breaking news" followed by "Ian Paisely" this morning, I was thinking the same thing.