Laois v Armagh - Portlaoise - Sat 6 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, March 01, 2010, 10:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shortso79

Saturday - 6 March 2010 - Portlaoise - 7.30pm

Heading down for the match and staying over on Saturday night

Will Ronan Clarke be fit ?

Last year Laois came to Armagh and took away the two points - on a scoreline of 2-11 to 2-08

Last time Armagh visited Laois in the league was in 2007 - Laois won on double scores -  1-13 to 0-08 

Laois will have their Portlaoise club players back in the squad

Both teams will be looking for their 2nd win of the league campaign

lawnseed

laois could be in trouble at mid-field i think i read pauric clancy has quit. he was very awkward looking but very effective. vernon to rule...
is it on tv?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

T Fearon

Tough enough game, as Laois are a bit of a bogey side as far as the league is concerned for Armagh.Remember the game well in 2007 and the Armagh contingent staying on to watch Cross beat Dr Crokes the next day in the replayed Club final at the same venue. Heading down also, but coming back up straight  after the game, its a handy enough road back up to Dublin then on to the MI via the M50 again.

Shortso79

Was at the game in 2007 - god it was a brutal display from Armagh

Still have the chants of "Laois Laois Laois" ringing in my ears

mountainboii

Some of the noises out of Laois aren't great at the minute. Even though it's in Portlaoise and the wee break in the league levels things up a bit as teams have time to regroup after poor starts, we should still be looking to beat them by at least 4 or 5. If we don't, then we're in a bit of bother ourselves.

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: lawnseed on March 01, 2010, 10:08:38 PM
is it on tv?

nope

I think its going to be a tricky enough game but we must keep the good displays going.  If we have any aspirations of reaching the late stages of the championship we must be beating teams like Laois.

T Fearon

Its at least as difficult a game as Meath was. Don't know whether the cakewalk over Westmeath the last day will be of any benefit.

mountainboii

Quote from: T Fearon on March 02, 2010, 12:06:46 PM
Its at least as difficult a game as Meath was. Don't know whether the cakewalk over Westmeath the last day will be of any benefit.

It shouldn't be. Laois are losing players right, left and centre and there seems to be as little support in the county for Dempsey as there was for McDonnell in Armagh last year. Meath are a much better team, they won't lose by 15 points to Donegal.

tevez

Armagh Team I would like to see v Laois
1. McEvoy
2. A.Mallon
3. B.Donaghy
4. P.Kernan
5. P.Duffy
6. C.McKeever
7. K. Dyas
8. K. Toner
9. C. Vernon
10. N.Swift
11. A. Kernan
12. B. Mallon
13. S.McDonnell
14. R. Clarke
15. S. Forker

mackers

Haven't heard anything about Clarke's fitness, O'Rourke gave the impression that it was a minor problem that Clarke had and that's a month ago now. I think Armagh should win this as Laois do seem to be struggling, will be interesting to see whether we can keep the encouraging performances going.
Would hope to see more of Dyas and Forker myself. I wonder will the rotation of keepers continue or has Hearty's continual mistakes left him behind McEvoy in the management's eyes?
Don't think tevez's HF line will take to the field on Saturday night as Murtagh has said that they want big, mobile players and the selections in the first two league outings have reflected this.
Hopefully the fluidity of some of our play in the first two matches continues and we don't resort to long high hoofs into the FF line.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Skiddybadoo

I believe Vernon is out for Saturday and poss beyond that. Toner and Lavery I presume
for the middle. Or with Clarke's return could that be the only change with Swift moving to the middle?

lawnseed

whats up with vernon is he injured. i also want to see the back of hearty he sends his defence into spasms when hes under pressure and the new square ball rule is going to freak him out even more,,, (sorry paul)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Skiddybadoo

mountainboii

Vernon would be a big miss but we should still have enough for them. Where's David McKenna gone to? Seems to have dropped off the radar altogether.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on March 04, 2010, 12:17:22 AM
Vernon would be a big miss but we should still have enough for them. Where's David McKenna gone to? Seems to have dropped off the radar altogether.

Has he not opted out of the panel?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead