Started by GAA_Punter, February 28, 2010, 01:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

GAA_Punter

Bord Gais Leinster U21HC
Kilkenny 0-02 0-02 Offaly, Nowlan Park, 7.30pm
Laois 0-03 0-02 Carlow, Portlaosie, 7.30pm

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/06/09/gaa-live-scores-team-news-results-wednesday-9th-june/

stevecw

Leinster U-21 Qfs ended:
Kilkenny 2-31 v Offaly 0-08
Carlow 1-14 v Laois 0-09

Serious win for Kilkenny against an Offaly side who fancied themselves to at least have a close game here.
Great win for Carlow too, nice to finally beat Laois after the loss in League and in Leinster for seniors. But fact is 7 of our senior side are still under 21 so we have a strong side at that level. Laois had 3 or 4 of their senior side playing tonight too tho.
So hopefully its a big boost before we play Laois at home in senior qualifiers.

Bord na Mona man

Woeful from Offaly. They didn't score in the second half.
Got reduced to 14 men...when they had just won a 20 metre free!
I was hoping they'd at least put it up to Kilkenny, but previous results at minor don't lie.

It sounded like a good win for Carlow. On Midlands Radio the Laois lads were confident with their half time lead, but it seemed like Carlow took over after that.

Reillers

Cork played Offaly today in a challenge match before the football.
It finished, Cork 3-22 Offaly 0-16

This is how Cork lined out.

1. Donal Óg Cusack
(Cloyne)

2. Shane O'Neill 3. Eoin Dillon 4. Brian Murphy         (Bishopstown)     (Milford)        (Bride Rovers)

5. Michael Walsh 6. Ronan Curran 7. Ray Ryan
     (Kildorrery)           (St. Finbarrs)           (Sarsfields)

8. Lorcan Mc Loughlin   9. Cathal Naughton
(Kanturk)  (Newtownshandrum)

10. Ben O'Connor 11. Jerry O'Connor 12. Niall McCarthy
(Newtownshandrum)    (Newtownshandrum)     (Carrigtwohill)

13. Kieran Murphy 14. Michael Cussen 15. Patrick Horgan
     (Sarsfields)               (Sarsfields)              (Glen Rovers)

..Mark O Sullivan, Paudie O Sullivan and Tadgh Og Murphy start in place of J O Connor, K Murphy and P Horgan

16. Martin Coleman (Ballinhassig)
17. Shane Murphy (Erins Own)
18. Conor O'Sullivan (Sarsfields)
19. William Egan (Kilbrin)
20. Aidan Ryan (Midleton)
21. Mark O'Sullivan (Dripsey)
22. Paudie O'Sullivan (Cloyne)
23. Tadhg Og Murphy (Sarsfields)
24. Cian McCarthy (Sarsfields)
25. Luke O'Farrell (Midleton)
26. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
27. Tony Murphy (Carrigaline)
28. Pa Cronin (Bishopstown)

Paudie scored two goals, seems to be coming of age hopefully, has put his name forward yet again, and Cussen scored the other goall.
Cronin came on in the second half, after an impressive game with his club, and did well enough today which is great to hear as he had a nasty injury.

Good result.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Reillers on June 13, 2010, 07:25:50 PM
Cork played Offaly today in a challenge match before the football.
It finished, Cork 3-22 Offaly 0-16

This is how Cork lined out.

1. Donal Óg Cusack
(Cloyne)

2. Shane O'Neill 3. Eoin Dillon 4. Brian Murphy         (Bishopstown)     (Milford)        (Bride Rovers)

5. Michael Walsh 6. Ronan Curran 7. Ray Ryan
     (Kildorrery)           (St. Finbarrs)           (Sarsfields)

8. Lorcan Mc Loughlin   9. Cathal Naughton
(Kanturk)  (Newtownshandrum)

10. Ben O'Connor 11. Jerry O'Connor 12. Niall McCarthy
(Newtownshandrum)    (Newtownshandrum)     (Carrigtwohill)

13. Kieran Murphy 14. Michael Cussen 15. Patrick Horgan
     (Sarsfields)               (Sarsfields)              (Glen Rovers)

..Mark O Sullivan, Paudie O Sullivan and Tadgh Og Murphy start in place of J O Connor, K Murphy and P Horgan

16. Martin Coleman (Ballinhassig)
17. Shane Murphy (Erins Own)
18. Conor O'Sullivan (Sarsfields)
19. William Egan (Kilbrin)
20. Aidan Ryan (Midleton)
21. Mark O'Sullivan (Dripsey)
22. Paudie O'Sullivan (Cloyne)
23. Tadhg Og Murphy (Sarsfields)
24. Cian McCarthy (Sarsfields)
25. Luke O'Farrell (Midleton)
26. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
27. Tony Murphy (Carrigaline)
28. Pa Cronin (Bishopstown)

Paudie scored twice, seems to be coming of age, has put his name forward yet againg, and Cussen scored as well. Cronin came on in the second half, after an impressive game with his club, and did well enough today which is great to hear as he had a nasty injury.

Good result.
Bad news for Offaly ahead of the Galway game.

Tatler Jack

QuoteCronin came on in the second half, after an impressive game with his club

Indeed Reillers and also your club. Were you at the game v Cloyne. Also were you at this game today - I missed it as got delayed en route and it was over before I got in.

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on June 13, 2010, 09:16:35 PM

Indeed Reillers and also your club. Were you at the game v Cloyne. Also were you at this game today - I missed it as got delayed en route and it was over before I got in.

Never once said it was my club. This shite is beyond annoying.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Reillers on June 13, 2010, 09:35:11 PM

Actually you did Reillers. Way back on the Gerald thread you mentioned once that it was good to have O'Neill and Cronin back playing with the club!! I am not going to go through the thread to find it but you said it - otherwise I would have had no idea that you were a B'town member and a close neighbour of my own!! No need to be annoyed - I just asked were you at the Cloyne game and what you thought of it and was also interested to know if you were at todays game

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on June 13, 2010, 10:13:27 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 13, 2010, 09:35:11 PM

Actually you did Reillers. Way back on the Gerald thread you mentioned once that it was good to have O'Neill and Cronin back playing with the club!! I am not going to go through the thread to find it but you said it - otherwise I would have had no idea that you were a B'town member and a close neighbour of my own!! No need to be annoyed - I just asked were you at the Cloyne game and what you thought of it and was also interested to know if you were at todays game

I said it was good to have them playing well with the club yes, never once said it was my club but Heffo went off and presumed. Either way it is none of your business what club I play for.

Tatler Jack

QuoteI said it was good to have them playing well with the club yes, never once said it was my club but Heffo went off and presumed. Either way it is none of your business what club I play for

Just for the record Reillers what you said was "its good to have them back for the club". Anway were you at  today's game?

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on June 13, 2010, 10:36:04 PM
QuoteI said it was good to have them playing well with the club yes, never once said it was my club but Heffo went off and presumed. Either way it is none of your business what club I play for

Just for the record Reillers what you said was "its good to have them back for the club". Anway were you at  today's game?

But I never said it was my club.

Tatler Jack

QuoteBut I never said it was my club

Reillers - stop digging. Why did you pick out 2 players and say it was good to have them back playing for the club if they were not players from your own club, Sure all the players were back playing with their clubs.

awfulynice

Reillers were you at the cork offaly match?? Its not worrying before the galway match, because it simply isnt suprising, this offaly team really need a kick in the a@se. No fight, no will, no bottle.

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on June 13, 2010, 11:03:30 PM
QuoteBut I never said it was my club

Reillers - stop digging. Why did you pick out 2 players and say it was good to have them back playing for the club if they were not players from your own club, Sure all the players were back playing with their clubs.

"Stop digging." Why do you care Heffo? No I mean really. How is it any of your business what club I play at, I can't remember why I said that, I don't remember the post, but can't see why you're getting so caught up on it. What is yere problem like, maybe there's more than one person who has two accounts on here.