Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

does anyone think paddy o rourke will take any blame for the many boobs that took place?? he was pathetic a couple more games like that and he'll lose the confidence of players and supporters alike. maybe he should come clean. has anyone heard any post match stuff. as for vernon he cant shoot hes no sean cavanagh when he wins the ball he should lay it off... arron kernan is out of time, like i said before hes a defender who doesnt want to tackle and a forward who doesnt want to be tackled- a wee spell in the dugout is a must. brian mallon IS a half forward and hes on the bench. maybe he should change his name to kernan, yip! brian kernan number 10 i can see that on a timesheet
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on March 22, 2010, 08:54:41 PM
Am I the only one sick of Tony & Trevor? 
Please Please Please, stop responding to their comments which are not worthy of true gaels.

Tony's manic rants and irrational posts are clearly part his the coping strategy for dealing with dissapointment and rejection (It was only a NL Div 2 game. Your shrink would not approve such a regressional approach).

He even rounds on fellow Armagh fans, clear evidence of a rat in a corner.  Trevor Hill isn't much better but I note he has stepped back from posting in reaction to Tony.  Congrats Trevor on claiming the higher ground, albeit it only slightly above worm level but please keep it up.

Legends:  Francie v McKeever - no contest.

Francie dispodging teeth from a real legend - don't think Francie will claim that as one of his greatest moments.

Please return to comments about the game itself and please keep it real.

I don't think any man who uses the murder of a child as ammunition in his campaign against a county really takes the "higher ground" in any way, shape or form.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ardmhaca08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jVOtyoKaDQ

He knew before taking the job, Armagh had a lack of scoring forwards but gets rid of Kevin Orourke, who was miles ahead of Henderson and Forker last season in my book, and also Steven Kernan who would also be capable of a score or two? This is simply laughable.

Orior

Quote from: lawnseed on March 22, 2010, 10:27:08 PM
does anyone think paddy o rourke will take any blame for the many boobs that took place?? he was pathetic a couple more games like that and he'll lose the confidence of players and supporters alike. maybe he should come clean. has anyone heard any post match stuff. as for vernon he cant shoot hes no sean cavanagh when he wins the ball he should lay it off... arron kernan is out of time, like i said before hes a defender who doesnt want to tackle and a forward who doesnt want to be tackled- a wee spell in the dugout is a must. brian mallon IS a half forward and hes on the bench. maybe he should change his name to kernan, yip! brian kernan number 10 i can see that on a timesheet

A wee spell on the bench would do you no harm either, lol. Give O'Rourke two years before ye start judging.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

orior you know as i do paddy was poor his player selection made no sense and the changes made less sense as 08 says getting rid of  young o Rourke and tryn Arne kernan at HF are boobs. the theory the AK is a HF is an urban myth perpotrated by people who wanted to make excuses for and draw attention away from the fact that he wasn't a very good defender, i wish i had a pound for every time I've heard it since he got onto the county squad. "oh well hes really a half-forward you know," hes more attack minded", well plainly hes not

Orior

Quote from: lawnseed on March 22, 2010, 11:03:01 PM
orior you know as i do paddy was poor his player selection made no sense and the changes made less sense as 08 says getting rid of  young o Rourke and tryn Arne kernan at HF are boobs. the theory the AK is a HF is an urban myth perpotrated by people who wanted to make excuses for and draw attention away from the fact that he wasn't a very good defender, i wish i had a pound for every time I've heard it since he got onto the county squad. "oh well hes really a half-forward you know," hes more attack minded", well plainly hes not

So at least he gave AK a lash at half forward. Its not PoR's fault that it hasnt worked out after 4 games.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

do you think for one second that if his da who reared and coached him thought he was a half-forward that he wouldnt have been up there?? its too close to derry for this b.sh1t

guevara

Paddy O'Rourke is on a hiding to nothing by taking the Armagh job.
Peter McDonnell has shown that the team is one in transition & is finding the same problems that hampered McDonnells tenure.
Armagh have struggled in bleeding in the new generation of players like Vernon, Donaghy, Forker & Henderson
The removing of the older players has seen a mixed bag in terms of results & Joe Kernan seen this coming & got out at the right time!
No matter who replaced him was on a dodgy path because all they would hear is "Under Joe we wouldn't have lost that game" or "Joe wouldn't do that"
O'Rourke being a Down man will be given even less time than Peter McDonnell. He has some very talented footballers coming through but needs the time to develop them into a team that is capable of competing with the best teams in Ireland again.
Every defeat is going to be his fault & few will look at his players as was the case on Saturday night.
Too many were more interested in beating Down players in the "I'm harder than you contest" than on the scoreboard.
McKeever let the occasion get to him & was joined in his very  public display of his hatred of Down players by some of his team mates. That isn't P O'R fault & it was this that lead to Armagh going to 14 men & the fightback effectively ending.
Yes the decision by the Ref may have been debateable but it was evident that an Armagh player was gonna walk sooner or later with their petulant acts of bravado all of which resulted in nothing but Down scores!
O'Rourke will become the scapegoat but in my opinion on Saturday evening it was the players who didn't show up & lead to their own downfall not the manager.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Hedley Lamarr

Armagh's lack of scoring forwards is their big problem, I'd like to see Swift at centre half forward with Brian Mallon on one wing and Aaron Kernan on the other, full forward line of Stevie, Ronan and Forker.

As for McKeever.....he would be the first name on my team sheet.

It's also good to see Down back with the makings of a good team....keep the Ulster pot boiling.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

T Fearon

Well whatever about his errors and tactical flaws I certaily wasn't happy about O'Rourke experiencing "mixed strange emotions" (apparently he felt strange not being over the moon after a Down victory??) after the game and announcing that he was "pleased for James and for Down" ??? ???

FFS He should be absolutely hurting like hell after that shambles and feeling totally ashamed, and should not be feeling happy for anyone >:(.

Bensars

The Game was over over at that stage.

its called sportsmanship.  What did you want him to say , "that shower that just beat us are a shower of good for nothin cnuts"?

Its got to a new level when you're upset about the emotions of the Armagh manager

norabeag

Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2010, 09:07:22 AM
Well whatever about his errors and tactical flaws I certaily wasn't happy about O'Rourke experiencing "mixed strange emotions" (apparently he felt strange not being over the moon after a Down victory??) after the game and announcing that he was "pleased for James and for Down" ??? ???

FFS He should be absolutely hurting like hell after that shambles and feeling totally ashamed, and should not be feeling happy for anyone >:(.

Do you happen to be related to Alan Green or Stephen Nolan at all. You just come across as pleasant and endearing

T Fearon

Whatever about his roots and past allegiances he is Armagh manager now and has no room for sentiment, and should not be feeling "pleased" in any way shape or form after a largely shambolic display which was a big let down for the huge Armagh support.

yellowcard

I thought the post-match remarks by POR were aimed at trying to pacify the Down supporters after his defection to Armagh. He would have been better off saying nothing since he is now employed by Armagh county board. Instead he gave a glimpse of his deep-rooted feelings.

It would also call into question his 100% desire to win this game. At least Geezer had the good sense to refrain from making media comments in the build up to and the aftermath of the Armagh v Kildare game.   

Bensars

Quote from: yellowcard on March 23, 2010, 09:55:05 AM
I thought the post-match remarks by POR were aimed at trying to pacify the Down supporters after his defection to Armagh. He would have been better off saying nothing since he is now employed by Armagh county board. Instead he gave a glimpse of his deep-rooted feelings.

It would also call into question his 100% desire to win this game. At least Geezer had the good sense to refrain from making media comments in the build up to and the aftermath of the Armagh v Kildare game.   

Based on what?