Mayo V Dublin - The lets start losing the run of ourselves final

Started by Mayo4Sam, February 26, 2010, 02:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: micka the dub on March 03, 2010, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on March 02, 2010, 01:19:23 AM
you have to wait for the 6 nation egg chasing and the english soccer to end brfor youll hear much of a peep out of the union Jack wavers
sure were would a mayo man get a union jack?,enda and omahoney probably hand them out.

But they purchased them off the dubs selling them on Moore Street. Wannnn forya euuuurrroooo, tree forya God save our mighty queen, God save our.........."
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

micka the dub

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 03, 2010, 05:46:55 PM
Quote from: micka the dub on March 03, 2010, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on March 02, 2010, 01:19:23 AM
you have to wait for the 6 nation egg chasing and the english soccer to end brfor youll hear much of a peep out of the union Jack wavers
sure were would a mayo man get a union jack?,enda and omahoney probably hand them out.

But they purchased them off the dubs selling them on Moore Street. Wannnn forya euuuurrroooo, tree forya God save our mighty queen, God save our.........."
its actually god save our gracious queen,jaysis man have you no respect.
on the match itself i would be cautious enough travelling down as its the first of two tough away games for us,the next being cork.i wonder will dublin persist with the two man full forward line or go for a more orthodox looking attack and try to beat mayo in a good ol fashion shoot out.keaney is back in contention for this one but it would be very tough on kelly and especially mcmenamon if they are droped.if we can manage to beat them it will turn a promising start to the leauge into an excellent start.
i wonder will the mayo ultras be at the match like last time we visited,complete with burberry baseball caps and scarfs around their faces.come to think of it they might have been waving the butchers apron that day.

Hound

Dublin:
Stephen Cluxton (Parnells)
Paul Conlon (St Vincents), Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala), Philly MacMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
Paul Griffin (Kilmacud Crokes, Capt), Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes), Ger Brennan (St Vincents)
Eamon Fennell (OTooles), Ross McConnell (St Oliver Plunketts/Eoghan Ruadh)
Alan Hubbard (Ballymun Kickhams), Paul Flynn (Fingallians), Kevin Bonner (St Brigids)
David Henry (Raheny), Michael Darragh MacAuley (Ballyboden St Endas), Kevin McManamon (St Judes).

Subs:
Shane Supple (St Brigids), Conor McCormack (St Marys, Saggart), Neil O'Connor (Nh Barróg), Hugh Gill (St Vincents), Kevin Nolan (Kilmacud Crokes), Paul Casey (Lucan Sarsfields), James Brogan (St Oliver Plunketts/ER), Denis Carrigan (St Marys, Saggart), Darren Magee (Kilmacud Crokes), Colm Murphy (St Judes), Tiernan Diamond (St Vincents), Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunketts/ER), Dean Kelly (Trinity Gaels), Brendan McManamon (St Judes), Paddy Andrews (St Brigids).

Unavailable:
Rory O'Carroll, Alan Brogan, Barry Cahill, Conal Keaney, Bryan Cullen, Darren Daly, Eoghan O'Gara, Denis Bastick, Tomás Quinn.

Sub-goalie Supple is the guy who recently decided to leave Ipswich and give up soccer.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on March 04, 2010, 09:22:06 AM
Dublin:
Paul Conlon (St Vincents), Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala), Philly MacMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
Paul Griffin (Kilmacud Crokes, Capt), Cian O'Sullivan (Kilmacud Crokes), Ger Brennan (St Vincents)
Alan Hubbard (Ballymun Kickhams), Paul Flynn (Fingallians), Kevin Bonner (St Brigids)
David Henry (Raheny), Michael Darragh MacAuley (Ballyboden St Endas), Kevin McManamon (St Judes).

Subs:
Shane Supple (St Brigids), Conor McCormack (St Marys, Saggart), Neil O'Connor (Nh Barróg), Hugh Gill (St Vincents), Kevin Nolan (Kilmacud Crokes), Paul Casey (Lucan Sarsfields), James Brogan (St Oliver Plunketts/ER), Denis Carrigan (St Marys, Saggart), Darren Magee (Kilmacud Crokes), Colm Murphy (St Judes), Tiernan Diamond (St Vincents), Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunketts/ER), Dean Kelly (Trinity Gaels), Brendan McManamon (St Judes), Paddy Andrews (St Brigids).

Unavailable:
Rory O'Carroll, Alan Brogan, Barry Cahill, Conal Keaney, Bryan Cullen, Darren Daly, Eoghan O'Gara, Denis Bastick, Tomás Quinn.

Sub-goalie Supple is the guy who recently decided to leave Ipswich and give up soccer.

Think thats a very disappointing selection personally. I'd be amazed if that team beats Mayo. Being genuine about that. I'd hope there will be 2/3 changes before throw in. ONly thing that makes sense . Because that team doesn't.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Chimley

Lots of unfamiliar names in that Dublin team and lots of experience on the bench/unavailable. This looks like a side in transition and are doing well to be 2/2 with that in mind. If that Dublin team can beat us in Castlebar, then they can start to dream about bigger days this summer. On the other hand, Mayo are also going well this year and will be expecting to make home advantage count here against what looks like inexperienced opposition. A fascinating game in prospect and traditionally Mayo/Dublin games are open contests.

INDIANA

Quote from: Chimley on March 04, 2010, 10:20:54 AM
Lots of unfamiliar names in that Dublin team and lots of experience on the bench/unavailable. This looks like a side in transition and are doing well to be 2/2 with that in mind. If that Dublin team can beat us in Castlebar, then they can start to dream about bigger days this summer. On the other hand, Mayo are also going well this year and will be expecting to make home advantage count here against what looks like inexperienced opposition. A fascinating game in prospect and traditionally Mayo/Dublin games are open contests.

I f Mayo can't beat that Dublin team they can pack it up. Thats why I think there will be changes before throw in. B Brogan and Paddy Andrews willl surely start.

The team v derry was

savage
conlon
o carroll
fitzsimons
brogan
o sullivan
griffin
fennell
mc connell
hubbard
mc auley
bonner
mc menamon
diamond
henry

Ranger

Any word on Ronaldson's appeal?
I thought it was being heard last night???

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on March 04, 2010, 10:02:25 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 04, 2010, 09:22:06 AM
Dublin:

Subs:

Unavailable:

Think thats a very disappointing selection personally. I'd be amazed if that team beats Mayo. Being genuine about that. I'd hope there will be 2/3 changes before throw in. ONly thing that makes sense . Because that team doesn't.

I agree - there were better options available - even 'experimental' options - it's time for Bernard Brogan and Paddy Andrews to be starting (though the latter is probably still drying out from last weekend celebrations) - if he's serious about having a crack at the league he needs to give over starting passengers who've proven they aren't good enough.

Canalman

Still in the "phoney war" stage of the season imo. Will start getting really interested in team selection after round 4 stage.
I think I am in a minority of 1 in seeing potential in Kevin Bonnar. He imo is the type of player we need motoring well come Summer time if we are to survive August football. Paul Flynn is shaping up well imo.

Hound

Blaine Kelly played against Derry (Henry didnt). Disappointed that he's not involved, seems to be completely dropped rather than injured. Apart from Kelly, the team isn't any worse on paper that the one v Derry. Defence and midfield are fine, but going by the so-called forward line, it looks like we'll be very negative, which I really dislike.

I've only ever seen Bonner play well at intercounty level when he's been full forward. I don't think he offers anything at wing forward.

Hubbard was a complete waste of space versus Derry. A little lad incapable of winning ball needs to be extremely good at finding space and being an outlet/option. But his off the ball running v Derry was totally clueless.

McAuley has looked very good at 11 so far. Looks like a proper centre forward and we havent had one of them in a long while. Can't understand starting him at 14.

Can't really understand the policy of leaving Bernard on the bench. Surely he's an automatic starter, so maybe its just a case of trying to learn what other lads can do. But that policy is not been used for anyone else. So long as Gilroy doesn't really think that starting with one scoring forward is the best plan!

If Mayo double up on McManamon, its hard to see how Dublin will get scores.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on March 04, 2010, 01:15:23 PM
Blaine Kelly played against Derry (Henry didnt). Disappointed that he's not involved, seems to be completely dropped rather than injured. Apart from Kelly, the team isn't any worse on paper that the one v Derry. Defence and midfield are fine, but going by the so-called forward line, it looks like we'll be very negative, which I really dislike.

I've only ever seen Bonner play well at intercounty level when he's been full forward. I don't think he offers anything at wing forward.

Hubbard was a complete waste of space versus Derry. A little lad incapable of winning ball needs to be extremely good at finding space and being an outlet/option. But his off the ball running v Derry was totally clueless.

McAuley has looked very good at 11 so far. Looks like a proper centre forward and we havent had one of them in a long while. Can't understand starting him at 14.

Can't really understand the policy of leaving Bernard on the bench. Surely he's an automatic starter, so maybe its just a case of trying to learn what other lads can do. But that policy is not been used for anyone else. So long as Gilroy doesn't really think that starting with one scoring forward is the best plan!

If Mayo double up on McManamon, its hard to see how Dublin will get scores.

In my view Bonner's only performances have come at wing forward. A lot of dublin fans forget he was wing forward in 2006. And played very well there. Even against Mayo. He's not a full forward at county level. But as regards a long term option I appreciate the concerns. That team is setup for Mc Menamon to be standing up front on his own. Hence the reason I can't see that 15 lining out.

Tubberman

As expected, Mark Ronaldson's 4-week suspension was upheld. From Mid-West:

Mayo star Mark Ronaldson has had his 4 week suspension upheld following a meeting of the Central Hearings Committee last night. Mark was hit with the ban following a review of the video of the latter stages of the Mayo v Tyrone National Football League game on Feb 14th.
The hearing took place at Croke Park last night. The decision means that Mark will now miss the clash with Dublin on Sunday and with Derry on Saturday week. He has the right to appeal the decision but according to report he may not do so.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on March 04, 2010, 01:49:50 PM
In my view Bonner's only performances have come at wing forward. A lot of dublin fans forget he was wing forward in 2006. And played very well there. Even against Mayo. He's not a full forward at county level. But as regards a long term option I appreciate the concerns. That team is setup for Mc Menamon to be standing up front on his own. Hence the reason I can't see that 15 lining out.
In championship games I only remember him being ordinary.

There was one league campaign when he played full forward in pretty much every game, and in my view he was our best forward of that campaign. But then he got injured and didnt start there in the championship. The chap has talent, but I think he's best when off the cuff - catch and layoff or catch and kick. When he gets the ball out the field and has time to think about what he's going to do, he generally makes a balls of it.