sexy football?? whats he on about?

Started by lawnseed, February 26, 2010, 12:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

i read now darragh has pulled the plug he feels its ok to have a go at the assoc. that put him on the map so to speak.(irish star) yeah he wants the gaa to get "sexy" i seem to remember that in the early stages of the gpa not many kerry players joined up because they said they were very well looked after. so whats changed. is there a book on the way? a bit of punditry with rte? everybody wants to change the gaa from croke park to the child at under age. i dont see this mood for change and i mean radical change in any other sport. change rules, change more rules we're just after doing 125 years why is it necessary? why does every new generation assume that they are smarter than the one before??? past generations had time to ceile round the country, they didnt know what a mortgage was and they reared 10 and 12 kids and played football. I'm reading about lads on here who cant afford the price of a match ticket and barely have time to watch it on the telly. whats the story? I've never seen so little interest in gaa sport in my life and better than that the kids that are showing up to learn our games are either so over weight or so puny and weak that i think I'll do well to get 2 players out of about 30. fuk it! i know lets make gaa games all virtual to give the fat kids an equal chance before they get a court injunction making sure they get football! would that be sexy. sorry darragh you caught me at a bad time.. i'll buy your book if danny murphy leaves me a few quid or i'll wait til its in the bargain basket  >:(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Gabriel_Hurl

A few paragraphs wouldn't go a miss there

Pangurban

I know how you feel Lawnseed, its the cult of celebrity that allows the lunatics to take over the Asylum

Uladh

Quote from: lawnseed on February 26, 2010, 12:46:20 AM
i read now darragh has pulled the plug he feels its ok to have a go at the assoc. that put him on the map so to speak.(irish star) yeah he wants the gaa to get "sexy" i seem to remember that in the early stages of the gpa not many kerry players joined up because they said they were very well looked after. so whats changed. is there a book on the way? a bit of punditry with rte? everybody wants to change the gaa from croke park to the child at under age. i dont see this mood for change and i mean radical change in any other sport. change rules, change more rules we're just after doing 125 years why is it necessary? why does every new generation assume that they are smarter than the one before??? past generations had time to ceile round the country, they didnt know what a mortgage was and they reared 10 and 12 kids and played football. I'm reading about lads on here who cant afford the price of a match ticket and barely have time to watch it on the telly. whats the story? I've never seen so little interest in gaa sport in my life and better than that the kids that are showing up to learn our games are either so over weight or so puny and weak that i think I'll do well to get 2 players out of about 30. fuk it! i know lets make gaa games all virtual to give the fat kids an equal chance before they get a court injunction making sure they get football! would that be sexy. sorry darragh you caught me at a bad time.. i'll buy your book if danny murphy leaves me a few quid or i'll wait til its in the bargain basket  >:(

Are you talking about changing the GAA or changing the playing rules of 1 or 2 of its constituent sports?

If it's the association itself you're talking about then i'd be very worried if it were not changing all the time. A vibrant, healthy organisation will be adapting to its environment and improving all the time

AbbeySider

Trying to read that is torture

longrunsthefox

quit yo jibbajabba

have to say the bit about past generations having time/money to go watch matches, play footie, rear a pile o wains struck a chord;

i mean how many of us run round like blue arsed flies all week; and what for? to pay a feckin mortgage etc;

however i know thats not the main point

Denn Forever

i read now darragh has pulled the plug he feels its ok to have a go at the assoc. that put him on the map so to speak.(irish star) yeah he wants the gaa to get "sexy"

i seem to remember that in the early stages of the gpa not many kerry players joined up because they said they were very well looked after. so whats changed. is there a book on the way? a bit of punditry with rte?

everybody wants to change the gaa from croke park to the child at under age. i dont see this mood for change and i mean radical change in any other sport. change rules, change more rules we're just after doing 125 years why is it necessary?

why does every new generation assume that they are smarter than the one before??? past generations had time to ceile round the country, they didnt know what a mortgage was and they reared 10 and 12 kids and played football.

I'm reading about lads on here who cant afford the price of a match ticket and barely have time to watch it on the telly. whats the story? I've never seen so little interest in gaa sport in my life and better than that the kids that are showing up to learn our games are either so over weight or so puny and weak that i think I'll do well to get 2 players out of about 30.

fuk it! i know lets make gaa games all virtual to give the fat kids an equal chance before they get a court injunction making sure they get football! would that be sexy. sorry darragh you caught me at a bad time.. i'll buy your book if danny murphy leaves me a few quid or i'll wait til its in the bargain basket  >:(

Is it any easier to read?  At least he used fullstops.  Note.  Capital letter usually used as well to signify the start of sentences.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

heineken_on_tap

AbbeySider

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on February 26, 2010, 11:37:39 AM
Alot of very  'smart' lads in here  ::)

You mean "A lot" 
:-*

Zulu

Grammer aside, what the hell are you talking about?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Zulu on February 26, 2010, 06:31:14 PM
Grammer aside, what the hell are you talking about?

As I said... torture trying to pick up the point and torture trying to read it.

But maybe heino_on_tap will enlighten us since he thinks we are trying to be very 'smart'.

Uladh

How do you get yourself qualified to express an opinion on the GAA around here. Obviously Darraghboy wouldn't have a clue and has no right to answer reporters' questions.

Who would be qualified to express an opinion? Or maybe that can only be decided depending on the opinion expressed?

rrhf

I read now darragh has pulled the plug he feels that it is ok to have a go at the association that put him on the map so to speak.(Irish Star) Indeed - he wants the gaa to get "sexy." I seem to remember that in the early stages of the gpa not many kerry players joined up because they said they were very well looked after.   So what has changed? Is there a book on the way? Perhaps a bit of punditry with rte?
Everybody wants to change the gaa from croke park to the child at under age. i dont see this mood for change and I mean radical change in any other sport. Change rules.... change more rules... we're just after doing 125 years! Why is it necessary?
Why does every new generation assume that they are smarter than the one before? Past generations had time to ceile round the country - they didnt know what a mortgage was,  and they reared 10 and 12 kids and played football.
I'm reading about lads on here who cant afford the price of a match ticket and barely have time to watch it on the telly.... whats the story?
I've never seen so little interest in gaa sport in my life and better than that the kids that are showing up to learn our games are either so over weight or so puny and weak that i think I'll do well to get 2 players out of about 30.
f**k it!
I know lets make gaa games all virtual to give the fat kids an equal chance before they get a court injunction making sure they get football.   Would that be sexy?  Sorry Darragh, you caught me at a bad time. I will buy your book if Danny Murphy leaves me a few quid or  I will wait until it is in the bargain basket.

lawnseed

It was one of those 'had to be there' times lads. 2 consecutive weeks of poor efforts from youngsters who think football is drinking lucozade sport or some other 'sports drink' while they try to catch their breath. you try to step it up and they want to sit it out, god forbid they break sweat, what i wouldn't give for a few country kids, hardy and willing to kill themselves to get their hands on the ball.                                                                                                                                                                                I'm sick of watching my lot feign injury soccer style and limp off talking about cruciates and what ever they hear on TV. you want to tell them to eff off home but your not aloud to curse. Infact mummy or pa pa will drop plenty of hints that wee johnny isn't used to being pushed. Simple things like fist passing and catching are too hard! HOLD ON!!! didn't we just change the rules so the game can be stopped and the crowd can go emmmm! whowww! when a player catches the ball? ffs its a basic skill of Gaelic football infact its the only thing that makes us different from soccer and we marvel when someone catches the ball.
          sexy? In the next ten years as the game as becomes even more soft basically because the raw materails (kids) are becoming weaker and weaker refs will start to blow everything up its half way there already. I,m not talking about fowling.
        After reading darragh again i think he means make gaelic games more meejah friendly like soccer more wags and stuff but that  costs money and its not in it     
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once