The Irish News?

Started by Olly, February 25, 2010, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

I used to buy the Irish News every day. It was the thing you always did. Now I hardly buy it. I know that a lot of old people do not read the internet and I know that the death notices are important but I think the GAA and Sports coverage is just as good on here or on the other internet sites. Is it just me or do people think they read less newspapers compared to before as you have already read 100 views on a match on here before you get the paper the next day?

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

longrunsthefox

I buy the Vatican Times every day. It does have the lot... TV listings, local club events, all the snippets of GAA and general news. Death column of course too. A lot of the sports columns are tiresome and would rarely read them or long predictable interviews with players and managers.

Zapatista

T Fearon

I buy the Irish News religiously every day...whether I'm in it or not ;D

nearlymad

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2010, 02:00:21 PM
I buy the Irish News religiously every day...whether I'm in it or not ;D
There'll be one day you will not be reading it and you'll defintely be in it if you know what I mean?

down6061689194

If your from Tyrone it's hard to beat.

The other lads may be better off online.

muppet

Olly that number above your avatar is the number of posts. You don't have to start threads every time to increase it.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

I hate the Beal Feirste Telegraph, but buy it anyway just to see if Tony Fearon has won anything lately.

Dont know why I bother cause its sure to be posted on here!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Olly

Quote from: muppet on February 25, 2010, 11:33:30 PM
Olly that number above your avatar is the number of posts. You don't have to start threads every time to increase it.

I am not sure what you are getting at. Why can I not start a thread?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

5 Sams

Credit where credit's due. Excellent supplement on the Ulster Final today.
The Aristocrat Years

Maguire01

Yep, good supplement - i doubt any of the other provinces have their finals covered so comprehensively in the press.

Between it and Gaelic Life and tomorrow's Irish News, there's a lot of reading to do between now and 2pm on Sunday!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 25, 2010, 12:48:24 PM
I buy the Vatican Times every day. It does have the lot... TV listings, local club events, all the snippets of GAA and general news. Death column of course too. A lot of the sports columns are tiresome and would rarely read them or long predictable interviews with players and managers.

So do I.
The fact that it's written in Latin gobbledygook doesn't bother me a whit.
Sure, aren't all referees' report and GAA press releases written in the same stuff? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: Olly on February 26, 2010, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 25, 2010, 11:33:30 PM

I am not sure what you are getting at. Why can I not start a thread?

Start a thread entitled 'caption competition' and post a topical photo in the OP. They're bloody hilarious, never fail to raise a hearty chuckle from these old bellows.