Justice at last for Thomas Devlin

Started by Doogie Browser, February 25, 2010, 10:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Glad to see the right result in this case for the Devlin family.

Just on the PPS, sometimes someone basically has to die in order for a case to be taken these days, there have been several assualts in the Armagh Area the past few months, all by the same clique, but the PPS has sent letters to all victims to say there is no case to be answered, in one case there was 5-6 witnesses all ready to stand in court, but they were never contacted, yet the conviction was turned down due to lack of evidence. Sorry for hijacking this thread for my rant but I'm just pissed of when it comes to the hoods of our society getting away with seemly anything because of touting etc.

I still think the PSNI is rotten to the core and it will take some sort of undercover jouro to really upend them

Doogie Browser

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on February 25, 2010, 12:00:04 PM

Just on the PPS, sometimes someone basically has to die in order for a case to be taken these days, there have been several assualts in the Armagh Area the past few months, all by the same clique, but the PPS has sent letters to all victims to say there is no case to be answered, in one case there was 5-6 witnesses all ready to stand in court, but they were never contacted, yet the conviction was turned down due to lack of evidence. Sorry for hijacking this thread for my rant but I'm just pissed of when it comes to the hoods of our society getting away with seemly anything because of touting etc.

I still think the PSNI is rotten to the core and it will take some sort of undercover jouro to really upend them
The family were delighted with the PSNI's input for the conviction, just for the record.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 25, 2010, 12:00:46 PM

The family were delighted with the PSNI's input for the conviction, just for the record.

I did hear that and I know there has to be some good people involved, but my point is someone has to die, before anything is done, this murder had bid media coverage so the PSNI had to get stuck into the case, but if the same thing happens tonight in Derry but the stab wound is not fatal you will hear nothing about it.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on February 25, 2010, 12:06:03 PM

I did hear that and I know there has to be some good people involved, but my point is someone has to die, before anything is done, this murder had bid media coverage so the PSNI had to get stuck into the case, but if the same thing happens tonight in Derry but the stab wound is not fatal you will hear nothing about it.
I do agree with you on that in fairness, is devolving of powers going to make it any better?   

A Quinn Martin Production

Though I'm usually near the top of the queue to critcise the PSNI, I think they've sone a good job here.  They knew early on who was responsible and they didn't give up till they sent them them to trial albeit despite the PPS.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

bingobus

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on February 25, 2010, 12:06:03 PM

I think you could replace Derry with Limerick, Monaghan, Dublin, Manchester, Glasgow, New york etc etc etc

Minder

I think the PSNI argument is for another day, they were able to secure a conviction. For that I'm sure the Devlin family can take some comfort.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on February 25, 2010, 12:47:11 PM
I think the PSNI argument is for another day, they were able to secure a conviction. For that I'm sure the Devlin family can take some comfort.
Well said, no one can come on here and accuse the PSNI of not acting correctly in this case.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 25, 2010, 12:48:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 25, 2010, 12:47:11 PM
Well said, no one can come on here and accuse the PSNI of not acting correctly in this case.

Same as that... am no fan of police anywhere but is not black and white. They do get convictions too... paedophiles, murderers etc.   

Doogie Browser

'quelle surprise' the sentencing judge has called it for what it was, a brutal sectarian murder.

I would hate to be in front of this judge anytime, fair play!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8654956.stm

Tony Baloney

What is "may never be released" for a sectarian murder in NI? 10 years?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 30, 2010, 05:54:22 PM
What is "may never be released" for a sectarian murder in NI? 10 years?
Secretary of State's pleasure I assume
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Doogie Browser

Regardless of the tariff it was great to hear the judge's damning verdict on these scumbags today.

ardmhachaabu

Not getting at you doogie, what could the judge have said that we didn't already know? 

There are lots of sectarian scumbags in all the paramilitaries
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

...but in response to the examples of other murder cases where a minimum tariff of 21 and 19 years had been set, Judge McLaughlin said:
"I'm going to be completely blunt about it. We're not even in that territory."

This f***er is looking at a 30 strectch by the looks of it. He is as obnoxious and defiant as ever smirking in the dock and refusing to stand when the judge left court. Can't remember his name. Insigificant piece of sh*t anyway.