Man found shot dead near Derry

Started by ziggysego, February 25, 2010, 01:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 26, 2010, 10:13:08 PM
This island is a different place than it was when the Provisionals were in their pomp. For those that can't see that, be glad that you can't, though some of us can never forget.

Fair dues to Mc Guinness.
FoSB, do you think McGuinness was right in his actions that led to the torture and murder of Frank Hegarty?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 26, 2010, 10:21:36 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 26, 2010, 10:13:08 PM
This island is a different place than it was when the Provisionals were in their pomp. For those that can't see that, be glad that you can't, though some of us can never forget.

Fair dues to Mc Guinness.
FoSB, do you think McGuinness was right in his actions that led to the torture and murder of Frank Hegarty?

There's a time for war, and there's a time for peace. I've never known a war yet that hasn't produced the most repulsive of acts.

To listen to some here, you'd swear they wanted Mc Guinness to be doing now what he felt he had to do during the darkest days, just to be consistent like. Even Churchill, who was responsilble for far more deaths than the like of Mc Guinness could ever have been, recognised the value of jaw-jaw over war-war in certain circumstances.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ardmhachaabu

FoSB, you avoided the question nicely.  Would you give me an answer to it please?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 26, 2010, 10:30:01 PM
FoSB, you avoided the question nicely.  Would you give me an answer to it please?

Mc Guinness did what he believed he had to do in order to effectively prosecute his war.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 26, 2010, 10:45:01 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 26, 2010, 10:30:01 PM

Mc Guinness did what he believed he had to do in order to effectively prosecute his war.
I won't ask a third time  :D

You could be a politician!

Fear ón Srath Bán

I don't like to talk about particular individuals on a public forum ardmhachaabu, and certainly not about those who are deceased.

Anyways, hope you're stuffed in your next game  ;)

ardmhachaabu

Way I see it McGuinness was wrong in what he did that led to Hegarty's torture and brutal murder.

If you lot get bate in your next match, youse are heading for Div 2 - that would be poetic justice  :P

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 26, 2010, 10:54:44 PM
If you lot get bate in your next match, youse are heading for Div 2 - that would be pathetic injustice   >:(  :'(

Fixed that for you.

Nally Stand

Puckoon my point is that McGuinness has not been a hypocrite. He has been consistent in his position. He was involved in a war then and he is not now and feels that the circumstances of today do not justify war.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

The provos never had any justification for any armed struggle from the people on the island of Ireland so where do they get off in suddenly deciding that these dissidents have no support from the Irish people.  It never stopped them so why would it stop anyone else?

I await the usual bluster from wannabee provos

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 26, 2010, 11:10:16 PM
Puckoon my point is that McGuinness has not been a hypocrite. He has been consistent in his position. He was involved in a war then and he is not now and feels that the circumstances of today do not justify war.

It's just a pity about all the people who were in the way when he "felt" differently. I think you're a wee bit off message there Nally. Justifying the war based on the feelings of the provo leadership is not in the manual.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Meanwhile, there was a man shot dead in Derry.
Tbc....

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Sinn Fein haven't been holding back across the board in scathing criticism.

Particularly in East Tyrone...
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Minder on February 27, 2010, 01:03:06 PM
Was the deceased a drug dealer?

Not sure, could be the case of Brit intel putting out that rumour to cover the fact that they were trying to recruit him as a tout.
Tbc....