A la recherche du temps perdu

Started by seafoid, February 23, 2010, 08:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Hardy on February 24, 2010, 08:02:40 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 23, 2010, 08:56:26 PM
Legendary post. It's a pity the response by someone (maybe Hardy) as to how the telephone conversation may have gone wasn't preserved too.

That was Easytiger. I might have that somewhere.
I might have some of those saved somewhere.
I have minutes of Fearon think-tank - where he holds a confab with his good friend Jarlath Burns and other leading GAA figures.
The Patsy from Forkhill ones should be knocking around too.

ONeill

I lost a lot of stuff when on old lap top died years ago. SaffronSam had a theory on the origins of the Armagh top which I was sad to lose.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bord na Mona man

seafoid

there was some great banter between Tony and the Tyrone crowd between the Armagh win in 2002 , the high point of the 1 year long ancien regime  and the emergence of the far more  impressive and durable Tyrone machine slighty later

Tony Fearon , 11 March 2003 : There are no bigger or worse hallions in Ireland than Tyrone.Mc Menamim is a obnoxious litle bollix,who needs a good toe up the hole (Fearon)

Red Hander 11 March
Yep, the world has shifted off its axis- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can never rely on the old certainties anymore. Oh yes, the sun will still rise, the tides ebb and flow, and bears will still crap in the woods. But, however we try to ignore it, the truth is we can't, for something more profound than a large brown paper bag full of French philosophers has happened, and we must accept it.

Yes, A*****, the only county to have ever won the All Ireland, have been beaten ... and by 15 midgets from the land beyond the Blackwater. Those horrible white and red clad dwarves had the audacity to come from behind the bushes whence they were hiding to inflict humiliation upon the omnipresent orange wonderfulness.

The UN has suspended all discussions re the Iraq crisis to go into emergency meeting to discuss Sunday's atrocity. Saddam is breathing easier.

Consideration must be given to diverting all forces from the Gulf and redirecting them to a probable landing at The Battery, followed by an invasion of Tyrone, such is our flagrant breach of UN Resolution 11 (points from play by the King), namely that A***** are untouchable (certainly by soap), and no-one is allowed to upset the apple cart.

Yep, things will never be the same again. I think we've all lost a little bit of our innocence in the past week. Just give that special someone a big hug, and, hey, be careful out there.

Hardy

Quote from: Hardy on February 24, 2010, 08:02:40 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 23, 2010, 08:56:26 PM
Legendary post. It's a pity the response by someone (maybe Hardy) as to how the telephone conversation may have gone wasn't preserved too.

That was Easytiger. I might have that somewhere.

Sorry - I had a look for that but couldn't find it. Maybe BordNaMonaMan will come up with it.

I found this when I was looking for it (in a "Rose Of Tralee" thread):

seafoid   
(8/27/03 8:06 pm)

ceist

In what year did the Rose of tralee entrants start shaving their armpits? Starter for 10.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 24, 2010, 02:55:25 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 24, 2010, 02:36:26 PM
Don't know if I would agree with you Trevor Hill, not on to be honest.

I agree Trevor Hill....for fcuk sake have you no compassion for your fellow man...it's not fair on the rest of us having to look at that.

The image has now been edited to protect the obese, innocent, identity of the freeloader in the photo.

omagh_gael

ONeill

Ziggy, how do you find those old pages again?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2010, 12:24:55 PM
Ziggy, how do you find those old pages again?

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

However the seach function won't work (within the gaaboard that is)
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Hardy

Turk's poem
(from about 2001, I think)

Once a man with a wooden leg
up an alley after a match
with the taunts and foul words ringing in his ears ;
said he 'i may die here tonight
and in many moons to come they would find my remains.
A great find to rank for all time with
the mastodons, the mausoleum and the hidden tribes.'

And after he passed about his business.
He walked away amid the abuse of lessers.
Yet all that was found - a half eaten snack box, a furry hat and some vomit .

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on February 25, 2010, 03:30:40 PM
Turk's poem
(from about 2001, I think)

I remember it well.

This type of material from the past will end up in a university archive somewhere like in Minnesota and there will be summer schools dedicated to it eventually.

Farrandeelin

I found 'Mayo Blueprint to respectability thread'. It sounded just like we were before the league campaign started this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.