The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

dublin 0-14 limerick 1-10 - blessed
would be starting to get concerned now

theoriginalmup

Quinn scored a last minute 45

ciaran careys hurling arm

Hard luck to our footballers and well done for a performance that deserved more. The spirit and will to win that was displayed by the team was heartwarming and was much appreciated by the small band of supporters. It is not often you see a losing team clapped off the field after a league game.

We have a good spine but lack players who can create and take a score out of nothing. Dublin had a couple and together with Stephen Cluxton that was what won them the points. In goal chances it was 4 for Limerick, 1 for Dublin, with Cluxton making an excellent save in the first two minutes from a great Galvin run and a superb flying save late on to turn a goal-bound drive over the bar. Limerick were on top from 5 to 9 and with that same John Galvin leading from the front they had more than enough possession to secure the game. Johnny McCarthy once again showed his quality at full-back (how many players will you see catch Alan Brogan and beat him to the ball?). Just a pity that we wated the chances when they came. Nevertheless, onwards to the next day and another chance to get some points on the board.

Finally, I hope the Round Towers supporters whom we met in the bar afterards have a good night in Limerick. True blue fans and good craic.

Gnevin

Seriously poor attendance lads, from both set of supporters where was everyone ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Canalman

Attendance was quoted in paper  today at 1,277.

Cue a plethora of Dub Bashing to follow from the usual suspects.My excuse was that we had hurling training.

Gnevin

Quote from: Canalman on February 11, 2007, 09:47:42 PM
Attendance was quoted in paper  today at 1,277.

Cue a plethora of Dub Bashing to follow from the usual suspects.My excuse was that we had hurling training.

1,277 is a shocking crowd i know the dubs where "expected" to win but still that's at most 400 dubs from the great 82,500 what turned up a week ago
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hound

I was there, and there was way more than 1277 fans there.

They must not have counted anyone who went through the "U16's are free" stiles, but still the figure is very suspect. It was a drizzly day so everyone headed to the Mackey Stand, the only covered area. Probably about 100 to 150 hard Dubs souls on the terrace. But a decent crowd in the Mackey Stand - I would have guessed between 4,000 and 5,000. A Limerick man beside me said "there are more Dubs here than Limerickmen" about 5 mins before throw-in, but by the time it started I'd say Limerick edged it.

Limerick had the better of possession in the first half (big Galvin the dominant force around the middle), but the Dubs took their scores better. Keaney and Brogan both hit brilliant points (which is about all that they did between them the whole game) and Dotsie got three nice points. Galvin though was almost unstoppable - twice Cluxton was forced to make good saves after runs by Galvin. And finally a goal came in similar circumstances, although it was lucky when it came, Galvin made the run, then seemed to drop the ball, but it fell to the full forward who poked it home from close-range - not undeserved at the same time.

Connolly went off injured just before half-time, it hadnt really been happening for him anyway, but he'll be a huge loss for the U21s this week if he misses out. Mossy Quinn came on and played really well.

In the second half, Dublin eventually got on top around the middle. Darren Magee was the dominant force at this time. But scores were a little bit harder to come by. Like in the first half, Dublin built up a 3 or 4 point lead, but Limerick pegged them back, only for Dublin to come again late-on to nick it. A couple of goal chances in this half, the Limerick keeper made a good save from Cullen (who had a very poor game) and Cluxton made a brilliant save with about 10 left.

Man of the match was Stephen Cluxton - so that probably tells you Dublin were a little fortunate to come away with the two points.

Baldy rebel Michael Collins was the ref and he was extremely fussy, his primary objective seemed to be to slow down the game at all costs.

Declan

Thanks for the report Hound. Sounds like we found it hard to get going after the hype of last week but a wins a win.

forkinknife

Yes a win is a win and I think we'll go on to win every other game in the league and meet Tyrone in the final when we'll not be needing the lights in April as the sun is closer to us then. A great victory over Limerick. They're not in Division 1 for nothing and an away win in this league is to be treasured and celebrated. Mossy Quinn  does the business aian when needed and if we had him last week well then maybe we'd be looking at 2 wins in a row and perhaps going the whole of 2007 unbeaten.

full back

Quote from: forkinknife on February 12, 2007, 02:43:54 PM
Mossy Quinn  does the business aian when needed and if we had him last week well then maybe we'd be looking at 2 wins in a row and perhaps going the whole of 2007 unbeaten.

Is this guy for real  :D :D :D

Kerry Mike

Quoteperhaps going the whole of 2007 unbeaten

There's are a couple of silver buckets resting happily in the Kingdom that the Jackeens will have to win before your prediction comes true. And we will be in no mood to give up either without a struggle.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football