Wilson called to the Dark Side

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, February 22, 2010, 12:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Congrats to Man City's Greg Cunningham by the way. Haven't had a Galway man in an Ireland squad since Alan Lee a few years ago.

mountainboii

A couple of the north's U19 players have made the switch over too. They seem to be hemorrhaging players all of a sudden.

red hander

Quote from: AFS on February 22, 2010, 03:54:12 PM
A couple of the north's U19 players have made the switch over too. They seem to be hemorrhaging players all of a sudden.

Great to see  ;D

T Fearon

Soon the trickle will become a flow.

OWC have only themselves to blame. Saw a disgusting mural in a loyalist part of belfast yesterday dedicated to OWC complete with Butchers Apron and bastardised Ulster Flag. It shows that the IFA have a long way to travel before it removes itself from being perceived as an ultra loyalist organisation

Hereiam

I think these lads know that this excuse of a football team is going no where fast with the draw they got for the euro's. Truely were a nation once again  ;D

T Fearon

All the same the North can keep Chris Baird, I definitely don't want him in a real Ireland jersey ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2010, 04:45:23 PM
Soon the trickle will become a flow.

OWC have only themselves to blame. Saw a disgusting mural in a loyalist part of belfast yesterday dedicated to OWC complete with Butchers Apron and bastardised Ulster Flag. It shows that the IFA have a long way to travel before it removes itself from being perceived as an ultra loyalist organisation

Albertbridge road?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2010, 04:56:39 PM
All the same the North can keep Chris Baird, I definitely don't want him in a real Ireland jersey ;D
I would take him every day of the week over the walking disaster that is Paul McShane.

Main Street

Nice to have a good news day on GAA Board
That Duffy change, if true, is interesting and very welcome.
Is he as good a prospect as Coleman?

The latest on eligibility is that any dual eligible player needs to be capped at competitive level (WC or Euro qualifier) in order to be tied. Wilson, if capped in this friendly, still has the option to change allegiance to NI.

The Watcher Pat

Great to see the Cuz getting his call up...Might not have to pay for tickets anymore.... ;)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

omagh_gael

Some good news here...but I thought for a second that Sammy Wilson had joined the shinners! ;)

T Fearon

Looks like the Trap is a poacher supreme ;D

deiseach

No sooner than my suspension from OWC runs out (purely down to not becoming a patron rather than anything I said - although that didn't stop them sending me emails when they were flogging something) than this happens. Pure comedy on the Duffy thread with a demand that teenagers sign a contract saying they owe the IFA £1 million should they declare for another country being noteworthy for being relatively moderate.

In fairness to the IFA, they're caught between a rock and a hard place. They'd probably like to lobby Fifa for firmer rules on eligibility, but would probably only succeed in antagonising the bejaysus out of your average Nationalist.

T Fearon

The IFA couldn't run a raffle. But surely now even they can see that they need to start promoting football for all which means ditching the unionst paraphernalia

Main Street

I think they would prefer to stew in bitterness, keep the Loyalist trappings and play the victim card.

You Nordies are very good at playing the victim  ;D