Katherine Lynch & those shower at RTE

Started by thebigfella, February 20, 2010, 12:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

T Fearon

Is this not the latest in a long line of failed attempts by RTE to plagiarise British Televion shows, like

Question and Answers/ Question Time
All Ireland Talent Show/ The X Factor
Thats all we've got time for/ Have I got news for you
No frontiers/ Wish you were here.
Celebrity Jigs and Reels/ Strictly come dancing

The Angelus is about the only original show on RTE.

The Subbie

i sat thru 15 mins of this womans attempt at comedy one night, never will i again, desperate muck altogether, RTE cannot do comedy, podge and rodge was funny 3 or 4 years ago, not now

Rossfan

I watched one full programme and couldnt see even one tiny little of comedy or entertainment in it.
But she's one of those "in people" in RTE so nothing else matters.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

It seems like Ireland is well served by stand ups. Remember seeing Joe Rooney (warm up act for Pat Shortt) in Vicar Street a few years ago and was bent over double laughing.

But sketch shows and sit coms do not seem to be RTE's forte at all.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 20, 2010, 01:47:40 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 20, 2010, 12:53:51 PM
I actually think she is hilarious. She may not be fully well in the head but I really enjoy her.

I agree.  She seems not right in the head, you either like that sort of surreal comedy on your don't.  A bit like Avid Merrion or Little Britain maybe.  A bit like Catherine Tate as well only more mental.

I really like Catherine Tate's shows too. Not too fond of Little Britain, never hears of the other one.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 20, 2010, 06:20:11 PM
I actually think she is hilarious. She may not be fully well in the head but I really enjoy her.

I agree.  She seems not right in the head, you either like that sort of surreal comedy on your don't.  A bit like Avid Merrion or Little Britain maybe.  A bit like Catherine Tate as well only more mental.

I really like Catherine Tate's shows too. Not too fond of Little Britain, never hears of the other one.
Like Carherine Tate, Katherine Lynch and support Man United. You must be hard to like.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 20, 2010, 08:02:11 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 20, 2010, 06:20:11 PM

Like Carherine Tate, Katherine Lynch and support Man United. You must be hard to like.

If you knew me you'd love me.