National Hurling league Round 1

Started by slow corner back, February 19, 2010, 09:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

It's his knee not his shin, according to newstalk.

slow corner back

Were you at the cork match today Reilers? I was wondering how your new full back went? I thought Cadogan looked OK at full back last year and wondered why he was dropped. Was it due to his football commitments?

Reillers

Quote from: slow corner back on February 21, 2010, 07:42:08 PM
Were you at the cork match today Reilers? I was wondering how your new full back went? I thought Cadogan looked OK at full back last year and wondered why he was dropped. Was it due to his football commitments?

Cunningham was doing pretty good till he went off injured. Cadogan came on then and played very well. He wasn't dropped, he was on the bench cause he'd had the game with the footballers. Plus the fact it's no harm giving others a go.

cicfada

Only 3000 people in the Pairc today Reillers, bad show when you  consider that the team is happy......well relatively happy if I go by rumours  breaking this week!! I mean today in Kilmallock there were 3000 people there to watch those youngsters!!! Where were all the marchers?? Maybe they should get Des Bishop to do the half time entertainment...they will probably turn up then!! ;)

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on February 21, 2010, 10:02:22 PM
Only 3000 people in the Pairc today Reillers, bad show when you  consider that the team is happy......well relatively happy if I go by rumours  breaking this week!! I mean today in Kilmallock there were 3000 people there to watch those youngsters!!! Where were all the marchers?? Maybe they should get Des Bishop to do the half time entertainment...they will probably turn up then!! ;)

..I've done it..the time machine, it works, it's 2009!!

..Oh get a life ffs. ::)

cicfada

Quote from: Reillers on February 21, 2010, 10:20:58 PM
Quote from: cicfada on February 21, 2010, 10:02:22 PM

..I've done it..the time machine, it works, it's 2009!!

..Oh get a life ffs. ::)

Clever boy, avoiding the issue I see!! Try and answer  the point.  Your evasion tactics will only get you so far!! As for the match itself, well done to Cork, bigger tests ahead but  Offaly followed by Limerick is a nice way to start the  campaign!!

stevecw

Couldn't make the Antrim/Carlow game today, but listened on the radio. Sounded a poor game overall in bad conditions. Seems that Carlow missed a lot of easy chances, and that is so typical of us  ::) Def something we need to work on fast.
Also the carlow commentators were saying that it was very soft free awarded in the last min that gave Antrim the win.

Anyone here at it, as I know there are plenty of Antrim people on here.

Disappointed that we lost that as despite missing a few, thought we might have caused an upset there. Makes the rest of the league a battle to survive for us now rather than have an outside go at the final.

ringy

Decent enough performance today by Cork. Patrick Horgan was a delight to watch today. Gardiner (brilliant with the long range frees) , Brian Murphy and Fraggie had good games also . Curran was also good as the game went on, Cadegon looking very secure at full-back and Shane O'Neill showing moments a class defending and his driven ability to go forward, still would prefer him and Brian Murphy switch come championship. Cussen had a few decent touches when he came on, dissappointed with Aisake to be honest but did win a good couple of frees. Shane Dooley was awesome with his free taking also. Satisfactory enough day but bigger challenges ahead.
I expect abit of tinkering with the forwards the next day with the likes of Cian McCarthey (Teddy Macs son), Fintan O'Leary and Cussen starting

INDIANA

Only saw the delayed viewing as I got called into work for a few hours and couldn't go. But Dublin were very poor yesterday against Waterford. Totally listless. No explanation  for it and no excuses. Physically beaten and hurled off the park. Some of our lads looked likes they hadn't lifted a hurl since last August.
Tactically teams have found us out and I think we will have to revert to orthodox. But the league is going to be a struggle now. It all hinged on yestedays game having  a possible crack at the league and thats gone now.
Waterford are going to be a force this year- lots of good young players  well able for it as well. Won't need some of the absentees. the changing of the guard happened yesterday for Waterford. Good thing for hurling as well.
Back to the drawing board for us. Didn't envisage that after the first game. Selection and tactics have to change otherwise we'll struggle to stay up.

lilpaulie85

Great start to the season for Waterford with a team filled with unfamiliar names. Dublin never looked as fluid as they were last year and missed loads of chances. Waterford will take confidence from this game and if they can get a result against Galway they would be in with a great chance of doing well in the league with the old guard due back after that match. There should be plenty of competition for places suir side this year and could be the push Waterford needs in the right direction. Dublin need to pick themselves for the next match and maybe work a bit on stickwork, were just a touch rusty yesterday i feel
Chase the dream not the competition.

orangeman

Dublin hurling manager Anthony Daly has been handed a boost by the news that Alan McCrabbe's injury is not as bad as was initially feared.

McCrabbe was taken by ambulance to hospital after an incident during his side's 0-12 to 4-13 defeat against Waterford.

The Dublin man appeared to have suffered a serious leg injury after he was struck on the shin by Jamie Nagle.

However, despite a 10-minute stoppage and fears that Crabbe could have broken the leg, a scan showed that there was no break and the injury is no more serious than bad bruising.

Reillers

Quote from: ringy on February 22, 2010, 12:12:58 AM
Decent enough performance today by Cork. Patrick Horgan was a delight to watch today. Gardiner (brilliant with the long range frees) , Brian Murphy and Fraggie had good games also . Curran was also good as the game went on, Cadegon looking very secure at full-back and Shane O'Neill showing moments a class defending and his driven ability to go forward, still would prefer him and Brian Murphy switch come championship. Cussen had a few decent touches when he came on, dissappointed with Aisake to be honest but did win a good couple of frees. Shane Dooley was awesome with his free taking also. Satisfactory enough day but bigger challenges ahead.
I expect abit of tinkering with the forwards the next day with the likes of Cian McCarthey (Teddy Macs son), Fintan O'Leary and Cussen starting

Ya. Gardiner was a big surprise, the midfield did very well, I don't think that that mid would be good enough for the harder games in the championship, but it did well and he really surprised me. He hasn't played well in a while and it was great to see him turn in such a strong performance.
The FB line did well, Shane Murphy was excellent.

I think we're wasting a few players in the backline with the positions we had them in. I mean why Shane O Neill and Brian Murphy weren't switched is beyond me.

The subs did well, I've been surprised by Cian McCarthy, he didn't have time to make a real impact in the game cause he came on late, but he's been doing well. I didn't really rate him before, but he's done well this year. Fintan O Leary is a very promising young lad and Cussen did very well as well when he came on. Aisake on the other hand was poor enough. But hopefully, like a few other playres, he'll improve with game time.

Lorcan McLoughlin did ok, very nervous in the first half, settled better in the second.
O Sullivan went well as well, caught some nice ball, scored a nice point or two.

Our new captain had a great day, Hoggy did very well, Donal Og did excellent as well.

A lot of hard work has been put in and the camp is a lot happier these days..but ffs, will Walsh ever teach them how to fuckin catch a ball. So many poor handling errors. Frustrating as anything.

A decent enough day out though. The first half..well the less said about the first half the better. The second picked up and Cork improved a lot, while Offaly faded rapidly.

It was a good day all round. Scored more than anyone else. And all that was without the on form Newtown lads.

Walsh is apparently said to ring the changes for the next game so we'll wait and see.

A nice start.

Premier Emperor

stevecw

Quote from: hardstation on February 21, 2010, 11:15:34 PM
Quote from: stevecw on February 21, 2010, 11:05:32 PM
Couldn't make the Antrim/Carlow game today, but listened on the radio. Sounded a poor game overall in bad conditions. Seems that Carlow missed a lot of easy chances, and that is so typical of us  ::) Def something we need to work on fast.
Also the carlow commentators were saying that it was very soft free awarded in the last min that gave Antrim the win.

Anyone here at it, as I know there are plenty of Antrim people on here.

Disappointed that we lost that as despite missing a few, thought we might have caused an upset there. Makes the rest of the league a battle to survive for us now rather than have an outside go at the final.
Have to agree. A free in was given for the Carlow back charging. It was soft.
Carlow missed a bagful and should have won the game. Youse let in a soft goal too. Not sure what happened at all and the umpires hadn't a clue either but they awarded a goal. Carlow were unlucky today.

Yes it seems what u say is 100% agreed with on the Carlow side too. Was talking with a mate of mine, who is part of the panel but out injured at the moment.
He was obviously there yesterday and said pretty much what you said. They were really angry with the ref seemingly who even apart from the late harsh free, was def not on the Carlow side during the game. They feel as if they were hard done by on many occasions. And were not happy that an Ulster Ref was doing a game there.
But he reckoned that the missed chances were what really cost them the game. Def 2 points thrown away, and they were well pissed off & so was Kevin Ryan the manager is dressing room after by all accounts.

Means Westmeath at home on Sunday is a must win game, otherwise we will be sucked right into a relegation battle. Need to win that & win it well. Hopefully we'll have 2 of the better players back from injury, so that should help.

Chris agus Snoop

It was strange seeing Donal Ogs helmet.