Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 245072 times)

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
Re: Cycling
« Reply #2490 on: May 06, 2020, 10:21:51 PM »
The point stands. People who live in glass houses shouldn't take a dump in broad daylight.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 06, 2020, 10:43:40 PM »
Sounds like your point is that you can stereotype an entire demographic, vilify them and call them names because you cant do what you like.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 06, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »
Sounds like your point is that you can stereotype an entire demographic, vilify them and call them names because you cant do what you like.

Which sounds like every comment sanctimonious drivers make about cyclists.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: May 06, 2020, 11:07:52 PM »

and yet there's you doing it about drivers

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 06, 2020, 11:32:35 PM »

Well if you can't take it, don't give it.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 06, 2020, 11:48:56 PM »
Bundle of hypocrites, the whole bloody lot of ya.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 07, 2020, 08:44:41 AM »

Well if you can't take it, don't give it.

What was that you were saying about hypocrites?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 07, 2020, 09:15:52 AM »
No garda or police about this morning when I entered Muff. I headed up Grainne's Gap then. There's a couple of big hills just north of the gap, the peaks being extremely hard, so it was a slow enough pull up those but it's all down hill then to Cockhill. 15kmh average speed over very hilly terrain , so a satisfying enough 2hr ride. Really nice start to the day tbh

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: May 07, 2020, 09:27:22 AM »
No garda or police about this morning when I entered Muff. I headed up Grainne's Gap thenThere's a couple of big hills just north of the gap, the peaks being extremely hard, so it was a slow enough pull up those but it's all down hill then to Cockhill. 15kmh average speed over very hilly terrain , so a satisfying enough 2hr ride. Really nice start to the day tbh

YNWA

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 07, 2020, 09:32:18 AM »
No garda or police about this morning when I entered Muff. I headed up Grainne's Gap then. There's a couple of big hills just north of the gap, the peaks being extremely hard, so it was a slow enough pull up those but it's all down hill then to Cockhill. 15kmh average speed over very hilly terrain , so a satisfying enough 2hr ride. Really nice start to the day tbh

Sounds exhausting, Iíd have rolled over after entering Muff.

You know entering Muff is reckless, Iím surprised one poster hasnít tried to identify you and report you for entering another town on the island of Ireland!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: May 13, 2020, 04:19:59 PM »
Was thinking of getting a new bike and a child seat to get out and about with the kids a bit during lock-down. I assume a Hybrid is the way to go but would welcome any recommendations either for a bike or the child seat!

BenDover

• View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: May 14, 2020, 08:22:26 AM »
Was thinking of getting a new bike and a child seat to get out and about with the kids a bit during lock-down. I assume a Hybrid is the way to go but would welcome any recommendations either for a bike or the child seat!
I have this cyclocross bike a year now https://www.halfords.com/bikes/adventure-bikes/voodoo-limba-mens-adventure-bike---52-54.5-57cm-frames-445554.html. Got this purely for the same reason as you, wanted something I could put a seat on/off easily enough. Works well with this seat https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/child-bike-seats/polisport-bubbly-mini-head-tube-109838.html. My youngest just turned 4 and it's no bother scooting around with him on the back.

Without the seat, I've had the bike out on the road and off road.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: May 14, 2020, 10:30:47 AM »
I have this cyclocross bike a year now https://www.halfords.com/bikes/adventure-bikes/voodoo-limba-mens-adventure-bike---52-54.5-57cm-frames-445554.html. Got this purely for the same reason as you, wanted something I could put a seat on/off easily enough. Works well with this seat https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/child-bike-seats/polisport-bubbly-mini-head-tube-109838.html. My youngest just turned 4 and it's no bother scooting around with him on the back.

Without the seat, I've had the bike out on the road and off road.
Cheers, however with the road bike handle bars it may look to similar to my current road bike which will lead to questions as to why I bought it. That is why I was thinking something that looked more like a mtb. AnywayHalfords are  currently quoting end of June

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: May 15, 2020, 12:21:18 AM »

Sounds exhausting, Iíd have rolled over after entering Muff.

You know entering Muff is reckless, Iím surprised one poster hasnít tried to identify you and report you for entering another town on the island of Ireland!
Hypocrite, you're the censorious lockdown fanatic along with a few others here,  but when it came to Nordies doing non-essential cross border journeys where they couldn't be nabbed by the Garda Siochana, you all were suitably outraged in true self entitled Nordie fashion that anybody should highlight that anti social behaviour.

Me, I'm more chilled out, I'm no lockdown fanatic,  I'd be partial to entering Muff should she be willing, but I'd do a bipass around Cockhill. 

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: May 15, 2020, 01:35:08 AM »

We use one of these so the little one can sit up front where we can keep an eye on her and where she can see everything. They're very common in Holland, apparently:

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/ibert-safe-t-seat-baby-seat.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2PP1BRCiARIsAEqv-pQqy-HD_qEwDY1xn7Xqmku8U81S-AeBpFXYJch-TwxeE8SZyy0TONoaAgYPEALw_wcB