Sigerson 2007

Started by robertemmet, February 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

Looking at the lineout in todays IN, ther was no sign of Kevin McGourty. Didn't feature from the bench either. Injured??

Craigyhill Terror

The final is definitely at the Dub, like it was in 99 the last time Queen's hosted it. This time it will be on the football pitch, last time it was up on the hurling pitch.
The reason the final was at Corrigan three years ago is that St Mary's were hosting the weekend but have no pitch of their own to host it on.

Tony Fearon

Assuming a Queens V UUJ Final and the massive crowd that will attract would it not be more sensible to stage it at Casement?

shaws road

Good win for Queens in Belfield never easy to win at I cant remember last time they won there any ideas?  Word on the street is  Mc Gourty is very unwell at the present time and has gone for some tests but also heard he came on for second half but paper did not suggest this any inside information? on this also as an antrim man no sign of James Loughry was he on the squad or injured??????

nrico2006

Thats why I wanted to see the queens side.  To see if mcgourty was playing.  Just curious as towhether he would have eventually put in a performance worthy of his excuse that he was focusing on sigerson, hence his non-inclusion in the antrim panel the year
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

shaws road

nico have been watching your post on some other blogs on this site you are very critical of him lol he has actually never played well for antrim your right and does go on abit but he was unreal for Queens and st galls last year as has Sean Kelly been, whom i think is also overrated as has never done it for Antrim anyway thats what i heard bout yesterday and why his no inclusion

magpie seanie

QuoteAssuming a Queens V UUJ Final and the massive crowd that will attract would it not be more sensible to stage it at Casement?

You should write a letter to the organisers.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Lads its QUB hosting the tournament. Its hardly unreasonable that they wish to host the entire thing at their grounds (which I've no doubt will be perfectly capable with a 1000 seater stand) rather than at another stadium the other side of the city. Should be a great weekend!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Uladh

Is there any reason to think that QUB can get over the line this year when they haven't been able to manage it in the previous 3? It's virtually the same players i see without brian mallon and eoin mccartan?

Cloc Mor

I read during the week that Dan Mc Cartan was unavailable for Down today because of work.  I didn't think students did the 'work' thing but I believe Mc Cartan is a dentist in Kilkeel (full time? not sure).  How then can he still play for Queens?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteIs there any reason to think that QUB can get over the line this year when they haven't been able to manage it in the previous 3? It's virtually the same players i see without brian mallon and eoin mccartan?

An extra year bigger and stronger Uladh? Home advantage? Being spurred on by having lost 3 finals in a row? In fairness they got to the final last year without Brian Mallon though he was probably the added spark they missed last year. QUB have a decent chance, they have nothing to fear from anybody left but its a very open competition.

Cloc, Dan McCartan is a registered student at QUB.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Cloc Mor

QuoteCloc, Dan McCartan is a registered student at QUB.

Not disputing that at all but wondering how he can be a student and a dentist at the same time?  Were not QUB 'up in arms' over some of the DCU players last year and indeed some were unable to play in Sigerson at all.  Were they not 'registered students' also?

David McKeown

Kevin did miss the UCD game because of an injury.  No idea how serious it is.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The Truth

Quote from: David McKeown on February 25, 2007, 03:45:56 PM
Kevin did miss the UCD game because of an injury.  No idea how serious it is.

No doubt we will get a full page spread in the Irish News from Kevin to keep us up to date......
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Uladh

According to the paper mcgourty came on at half time for queens on wednesday past