Sigerson 2007

Started by robertemmet, February 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

What a weekend! Its tough on the Poly but I suppose that's sport. No team can have deserved to win a trophy more than this Queens side. If the result had gone the wrong way some of those lads would have lost 4 finals in a row. After all the disappointments to win the trophy on our own patch against Jtown is very sweet. Thought Aidan Carr had a good game but as usual with Queens, it was more about a team punching above their weight than individual brilliance.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Malone Aristocrat

What a weekend for Queens and as tac says, it was a cruel way for the poly to lose. two excellent teams and great football all weekend in all competitions.

A word of thanks to the armagh lads for sending aidan o'rourke up to us. according to our players, he made all the difference in preparation, tactics and smartness on the line.

QUB LA LA LA, QUB LA LA LA

robertemmet

Has Aidan O'Rourke coaching any teams around Domrintee or Armagh?  Suppose he has not much time as he has not long left the county squad.

tackle

He has actually left the county panel.  Has coached dromintee under 21s in the last four years.  got to two finals.  won one lost one.  excellent tactican and analyst of the game.  will be good manager in 4/5 years.

Uladh

While i'm told aidan is quite the operator, this queens team have been on the cusp for the past three years. wee james didnn't achieve all of that with arguably limited teams, without knowing a thing or two.

tackle

Fair enough point.  Im just going on my own impression of aidan and my limited experience with him

Malone Aristocrat

Best of luck today to the QUB freshers in the all ireland semi Vs DCU.... we'll be there with our carry outs lads!!!

willyorwonthe

Watched the Sigerson Cup on TG4. Cogratultions to both teams on a magnificent display of football, it was the best display I have seen in many years. Gaelic football the way it should be played. No diving or cynicism that you get at at county level. very tough but fair and played in a very sporting fashion. What was all the hype of this going to be a dirty game? Thought some of the Queen's university team looked too old to be students but they were good. Someone told me that they had a dentist playing for them.  Anyhow, brilliant performance and thoroughly enjoyable.

stephenite

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on March 06, 2007, 10:46:28 AM

What does this mean? Please god not more inane soccer like chants

never kickt a ball

Quote from: stephenite on March 07, 2007, 11:45:35 PM
Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on March 06, 2007, 10:46:28 AM
What does this mean? Please god not more inane soccer like chants
Would you prefer?:
"God save our gracious Queen's.........." Eh Stephenite?  :D

stephenite

;D

I'd prefer if the mtach was watched with a few roars of encouragment like most games, I do get a bee in my bonnet about silly 'chants' that have become more pervasive in the last two decades, LA LA LA indeed ::)

Stranworst

Any word of the Hotshot team yet?

Surely McGourty, Vernon, Carr, O Reilly all shoe ins for QUB. Lynch, Mulgrew, Cunningham, Bradley, Murray for UUJ

Sheehan if he hadn't got injured?

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: willyorwonthe on March 07, 2007, 11:16:44 PM
Someone told me that they had a dentist playing for them. 

Dan Mc Cartan is a qualified dentist, graduated last year, but is enrolled in wueens doing some mickey mouse how to use a computer course so he could play football.

Stranworst

It's actually a masters, hardly mickey mouse. Get over it, the Sigerson is over and Queens are champions

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Stranworst on March 08, 2007, 01:29:41 PM
It's actually a masters, hardly mickey mouse. Get over it, the Sigerson is over and Queens are champions

That wasnt my point. Dan McCartan is a qualified dentist which was my reply. The fact that he is doing a 'Masters' allowed him to play for Queens and fair play to him, i was just trying to illustrate that he was doing it to allow him to have one more go at winning the sigerson because his 'masters' will certainly make no difference in his chosen career path.