My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Started by DownFanatic, February 18, 2010, 09:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Watching it on youtube, the boys don't even know where the chapel is hahaha
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Capt Pat

Any traveller can turn up at the wedding as well. No guest list at all. The Bride and groom and the parents are the only ones guaranteed to be there.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 21, 2010, 11:35:40 AM
Any traveller can turn up at the wedding as well. No guest list at all.

Is that for the reception or just the fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xENKyTILg

nrico2006

QuoteWhats not to be bigotted about these people?

They are a blight on the landscape where ever they go!
We are paying for their lay about theiving life style dont forget that.

We pay them benefits, we try to build houses (or even areas of cleared land) for them which they repeatedly destroy and theive from.

We pay for an education better than our own kids will recieve in terms of Teacher to Pupil numbers (if you dont believe me check out the school on barrack st in the city)

Its time to stop romanticising these people and does no one see anything wrong with the fact that these kids are getting engaged at 14 and married at 15 16?

Well said.  As for the women the other night, your doll who was getting her hair done and had her wedding reception venue suddenly cancelled was in some nick, but the blond as Bing mentioned was class looking in her normal clothes - both had qware racks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 22, 2010, 09:25:46 AM
QuoteWhats not to be bigotted about these people?

We pay them benefits, we try to build houses (or even areas of cleared land) for them which they repeatedly destroy and theive from.

We pay for an education better than our own kids will recieve in terms of Teacher to Pupil numbers (if you dont believe me check out the school on barrack st in the city)

Its time to stop romanticising these people and does no one see anything wrong with the fact that these kids are getting engaged at 14 and married at 15 16?

Well said. 
::)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

NAG1

Thanks folks

My comment was not racist or facist or whatever NKAB was accusing me of.

Simple fact is we are paying for the lifestyle these people choose, tell me this would you be happy with them moving in next door to your or even the field next to your house?

No I didnt think so!

AbbeySider

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 19, 2010, 05:09:54 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2010, 01:44:05 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 19, 2010, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2010, 12:06:32 PM
Whats not to be bigotted about these people?

Knew it wouldn't be long...  And some people think the Irish are nothing but thick, stupid, drunken Paddies.........

NKAB
Whats the issue?

Racism, discrimination, prejudice, stereotyping................. and the fact you have to ask the question.

Its not steriotyping if your speaking from experience so cop yourself on and get off your moral high horse.
The members of the travelling community I know of are involved in drug dealing, robbery, battery, stabbings and worse.
For the most part, their community here in Ireland are serious social problem.

The TV show does show their community in good light, which some of them are. But it doesn't show the underside of things and puts puppy dogs in windows.
But, did you ever wonder where they get their money for the new cars, vans and houses as well as the thousands they spend on weddings and funerals?
Keep believing that they get it from saving their social welfare and selling tin jugs and pots on the side of the road.  ::)

The ignorance and naivety is stifling.

Minder

I have to agree with Abbeysider and NAG1
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Too true, everyone has these high opinions of them but if they had to live next door to them their tolerance will be put to the test.  Don't worry the PC police will be along soon, I had the same debate with them on here before.  100% of my experiences with travellers has been to my detriment, from early days at school, living in the community and in a social setting.  Quite happy to allow other people to have a good opinion of them but that is my opinion.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 22, 2010, 05:18:58 PM
Too true, everyone has these high opinions of them but if they had to live next door to them their tolerance will be put to the test.  Don't worry the PC police will be along soon, I had the same debate with them on here before.  100% of my experiences with travellers has been to my detriment, from early days at school, living in the community and in a social setting.  Quite happy to allow other people to have a good opinion of them but that is my opinion.

For the record, I have a good opinion of some members of the travelling community.
But I have seen and experienced things that have tainted my opinion of other members of the travelling community.
On one hand it can be argued that its not their fault as lack of education, racism, paranoia, ignorance, deprived upbringing among a million other reasons have lead to the way that some of them are.
Its sad but there is no solution to it. But it really irks me when someone on a moral high house will tell you your "Racism, discrimination, prejudice, stereotyping".
Its a sure sign they have no clue what they are on about or they live in a world of cotton wool and dont have experience of what they are talking about

If im banned for my comments so be it, but I doubt I will as there are low lives in all walks of life from top to bottom.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 21, 2010, 01:34:22 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 21, 2010, 11:35:40 AM
Any traveller can turn up at the wedding as well. No guest list at all.

Is that for the reception or just the fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xENKyTILg

Fecking hilarious....

John Pa he threw the television at the wife and missed and it went out the window... yer know yourself ;D ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

never kickt a ball

Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2010, 12:06:32 PM
Whats not to be bigotted about these people?

Quote from: NAG1 on February 22, 2010, 04:27:50 PM
Thanks folks

My comment was not racist or facist or whatever NKAB was accusing me of.

Simple fact is we are paying for the lifestyle these people choose, tell me this would you be happy with them moving in next door to your or even the field next to your house?

No I didnt think so!

If your comment wasn't racist was it, in your opinion, bigoted then?

maggie

The girl who was 22 and unmarried was considered 'over the hill'. They would need to say a few rosaries for me then  :-\

ziggysego

Quote from: maggie on February 23, 2010, 05:13:41 PM
The girl who was 22 and unmarried was considered 'over the hill'. They would need to say a few rosaries for me then  :-\

You want me to? I'm regularly stopped by Irish Travellers, wanting me to pray with them. Gets annoying after a while, but you can't really say no.
[/quote]

Got stopped again last Monday afternoon to pray with them.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: maggie on February 23, 2010, 05:13:41 PM

One of the settled ones would probably take you.