I watched it over and over..

Started by lawnseed, February 17, 2010, 10:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

how many times have you sat down to watch a game on tv and been bored and ended up putting a tape of a match that you've seen over and over. even a game not involving your own county. which begs the question have you seen anything in the league or last years championship that that could be called a classic or even close, a game you,d be annoyed about if someone recorded dancing on ice over? nothing springs to mind. maybe i,m getting old.. ??? ???
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

down6061689194

Tyrone-Cork, Sensational

Down-Cork (U21)- Cracking contest

Down-Louth (League Last year)

Further Back, Dublin-Mayo, Down-Tyrone(2 senior and 2005 minor)

Tipp Kilkenny in the final last year

There have been quite a few classics to be fair.

lawnseed

i was thinking of football, have you any of these games recorded, and how often have you watched them truthfully. cant watch tyrone now they truly have started puke football dont think they ever played in a classic. down v derry '94 is a keeper...
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

longrunsthefox

Quote from: lawnseed on February 17, 2010, 10:54:51 PM
i was thinking of football, have you any of these games recorded, and how often have you watched them truthfully. cant watch tyrone now they truly have started puke football dont think they ever played in a classic. down v derry '94 is a keeper...

Ulster Final 2003  Tyrone 1-17  Down 4-8
All Ireland final wins over Kerry in 2005 and 2008 were best finals of that decade.
Replay they lost to Down in the Marshes after extra time in 2008 was a fantastic game.
Semi-final win over Armagh 2005...
Was also a couple of great games in Ulster in 2002 when Armagh and Tyrone drew and Armagh won the replay.
loads of Tyrone classics... stop trying to be Pat Spillane, he slated off Armagh as well  ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Add the 2 Dublin games from 2005 and 2008 game

longrunsthefox

That's right Gabriel... there were so many is hard to remember them all. 

ziggysego

The 2003 All-Ireland Semi-Final - Tyrone v Kerry. That was a good 'un too.
Testing Accessibility

stew

Dublin V Meath is the daddy of em all. Replays galore and hardly a kick of the ball between the teams, the single best games for drama I have ever seen.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Zapatista

I regularly watch last years Tyrone County final. Great game, had it all.

ONeill

I've watched the 2005 semi final v Armagh and the 2005 final v Kerry so many times I can almost recite the commentary.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longrunsthefox

last 15 minutes of 2008  final is unreal... still gets me pumped

supersarsfields

Feck it's good to have you back alright!!  ::)

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I've downloaded the '08 final and watched it back a few time. Interesting to see how many chances Kerry wasted in the first half.

Same for '05, downloaded it too off Irishtorrents.com, but they're not great quality. Got the oul boy the '05 Sam DVD, its great as it has the Dublin games, but think its only highlights.

Has anyone any old Tyrone stuff they could get online for a torrent?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

down6061689194

Well for a start, Hurling is incredible to watch, I often go to Hurling AI ahead of a football. So maybe youre narrow minded?

I think all of them where on TV, and most recorded.

Tyrone's tactical game makes for good games, when a team plays good football, like Cork, Down in 07  and a few more, the have to go back to basics, and their forwards are at their very best like this and are a joy to watch.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: down6061689194 on February 18, 2010, 12:43:03 PM

Well for a start, Hurling is incredible to watch, I often go to Hurling AI ahead of a football. So maybe youre narrow minded?

I think all of them where on TV, and most recorded.

Tyrone's tactical game makes for good games, when a team plays good football, like Cork, Down in 07  and a few more, the have to go back to basics, and their forwards are at their very best like this and are a joy to watch.

Lazy analysis... All Ireland hurling finals in recent years have not been very good. Last years was class and before that you'd have to go to 2001 for  a good final. I'll let you google to find out who was playing...  ;)