Willie O'Dea

Started by Celt_Man, February 16, 2010, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on February 18, 2010, 06:09:20 PM
He will resign as Minister.

If he is not fit to be a minister for ethical reasons he is not fit to be a TD. He should resign his seat.

Where did they say he would resign? I heard the Greens where discussing the issue this evening. Surely they should have asked for his resignation before FG called the motion of no confidence supported by Labour & SF. Now they have been further discredited by standing with FF yesterday but will probably result in the same outcome. Yesterday they could have pretended to have righteousness on their side, now they just come across as desperate to be in government. Fine Gael, Labour and Sinn Fein will divide up what remains of their support. They are dead men walking.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Zapatista

Sorry MGHU i say he will.

Zapatista

Could Quinlivan now take the Garda that told Willie (pinch of salt) to court for the same thing?

What are the chances he's gone before the 9 o clock news?

Declan

QuoteWhat are the chances he's gone before the 9 o clock news?

Gone in a reshuffle I reckon.

Rumours abound that he "offered" his resignation. Great price to pay for the govt remaining in power isn't it

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Declan on February 18, 2010, 06:33:26 PM

Rumours abound that he "offered" his resignation. Great price to pay for the govt remaining in power isn't it

The government are under too much pressure from FG, Labour, SF, the media, public opinion and the Greens grassroots to try and save Willie O'Dea, power is too important to them and the Greens know they face PDestruction.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 18, 2010, 05:13:43 PM
AZ

It would be easier to pick an all party Cabinet of Clowns:

We'd be spoilt for choice..James 'Bonkers' Bannon, Peter Kelly, Mary Coughlan, Willie, Cullen, Michael Ring, Healy Rae, Finian McGrath, McDaid, Lowry, Conor Lenihan, Dick Roche......

Taoiseach would have to be Dame Edna Kinny
fairly sure recent jailbird rambo held justice for a while.

Bogball XV

rte political lad at dail at the minute says he's unlikely to survive.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 18, 2010, 06:38:29 PM
rte political lad at dail at the minute says he's unlikely to survive.

Ya he hasn't a hope, I nearly wish they kept him, then the Government would fall within the week. This may buy the Stooges of Destiny a few more months.

But he cannot stay, he has to go.

Zapatista

Quote from: Declan on February 18, 2010, 06:33:26 PM

This could come in handy for Cowen. Opportunity to demote Coughlan and gives the Greens a bargining chip.

Declan

Willie has gone to be replaced by a Dublin TD. More details later as they come to hand

Bogball XV

Quote from: Declan on February 18, 2010, 07:02:40 PM
Willie has gone to be replaced by a Dublin TD. More details later as they come to hand
conor lenihan?

Zapatista

Has he resigned his seat? It's only a token if he doesn't resign his seat. He will still get to vote on Government policy.

Shamrock Shore

Quoteconor lenihan?

Oh God Lord no way. He's as mad as a bag of cats.

Barry Andrews may get a full seat - although 2 ministers in Dun Laoghaire may mean Cowen to put out Hanafin.

Yipee - back to the Haughey heaves and the PDs v Albert days that I enjoyed immensely.

The heave agin Cowen to follow soon, led by Hanafin!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 18, 2010, 07:41:10 PM
Quoteconor lenihan?

Oh God Lord no way. He's as mad as a bag of cats.

Barry Andrews may get a full seat - although 2 ministers in Dun Laoghaire may mean Cowen to put out Hanafin.

Yipee - back to the Haughey heaves and the PDs v Albert days that I enjoyed immensely.

The heave agin Cowen to follow soon, led by Hanafin!

O that will be handy for Ryan Tubridy to interview his first cousin.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 18, 2010, 07:07:36 PM
conor lenihan?

Last time a recording cost a Lenihan a job  ;D

+ =