Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2010, 11:49:17 AM

I never claimed he was trustworthy!

What should we think about?

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 11:52:45 AM

That the Cabinet has only 5 (I think) professional qualifications and he is 2 of them (solicitor & accountant).
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 11:52:45 AM

If Willie is representative of the professional classes in FF, then perhaps we need to stop thinking about it.  Quickly.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Zapatista

Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2010, 11:54:17 AM
That the Cabinet has only 5 (I think) professional qualifications and he is 2 of them (solicitor & accountant).

I see. Why does that need thinking about?

I'll give you something to think about - he lied in an affidavit and slandered a political opponent. Does this sound like something acceptable from a minister/solicitor/accountant?

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 11:58:21 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2010, 11:54:17 AM

I see. Why does that need thinking about?

I'll give you something to think about - he lied in an affidavit and slandered a political opponent. Does this sound like something acceptable from a minister/solicitor/accountant?

Of course not, but I am merely pointing out that you wouldn't run a medium company with an Executive made up of non-qualified individuals let alone a country.
MWWSI 2017

Zapatista

Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2010, 12:04:00 PM
Of course not, but I am merely pointing out that you wouldn't run a medium company with an Executive made up of non-qualified individuals let alone a country.

True but you wouldn't have a @@@@ running it either. Professionals were/are running our banks too. That doesn't make them honest or capable. Are there no honest capable memebers of the FF/GN Government that can replace this @@@@?

muppet

Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

True but you wouldn't have a @@@@ running it either. Professionals were/are running our banks too. That doesn't make them honest or capable. Are there no honest capable memebers of the FF/GN Government that can replace this @@@@?

I am beginning to see that my reference to his 2 professions may have looked like an endorsement of him. That was definitely not my intention. I think he is the biggest self-servant in a team of world champion self-servers.
MWWSI 2017

Celt_Man

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 17, 2010, 09:28:40 AM
Sure the law doesn't apply to Willie - didn't he assault someone in a pub too a while back?

Well it was alleged that Willie asked him to step outside to finish the matter... hence my comment in the first post!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2010, 12:13:22 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

I am beginning to see that my reference to his 2 professions may have looked like an endorsement of him. That was definitely not my intention. I think he is the biggest self-servant in a team of world champion self-servers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you were obviously trying to show that the government is made up of an extremely low amount of professionally qualified people.  Most GAA committee would have similar or better numbers
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Canalman

Almost sure O'Dea is a barrister not a solicitor.

Think that the cabinet has more than 5 "professionals" in it

Cowen.......... Solicitor
Lenihan..........Barrister
Hanafin ............Teacher
Dempsey..........Teacher (I think)
O'Dea .............. Barrister
Aherne ........... Solicitor

Almost sure Martin and O'Keeffe are qualified at something as must some of the others.

No guarantee that they are running a country well though.

Eoghan Mag

Back to this concept of 'qualified' muck. I've had qualified teachers who couldn't teach. Having a qualification means nothing in my eyes. It is how well you apply yourself to the job in hand. Lads with no qualifications have been building houses in this country for hundreds of years, likewise farmers have farmed, artists have painted etc, etc.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Canalman on February 17, 2010, 12:26:02 PM
Almost sure O'Dea is a barrister not a solicitor.

Think that the cabinet has more than 5 "professionals" in it

Cowen.......... Solicitor
Lenihan..........Barrister
Hanafin ............Teacher
Dempsey..........Teacher (I think)
O'Dea .............. Barrister
Aherne ........... Solicitor

Almost sure Martin and O'Keeffe are qualified at something as must some of the others.

No guarantee that they are running a country well though.
Martin is a teacher, O'Keefe was a lecturer.  Willie is qualified as both barrister and accountant, but so what, he hasn't practised as a barrister (i think he may have lectured for a little while in law though) and he never worked as an accountant.
Biffo qualified as a solicitor in his da's practice and has been in politics since he was 23, Lenno spent most of his barrister career lecturing, in short we may have a few qualifications at the cabinet, but we've got fcuk all real world experience.

I hope to fcuk that wee snivelling sleveen O'Dea is made resign now - when they talk about behaviour becoming of a cabinet minister, what about the column he writes every week in the Sindo - it's disgusting on it's own.

Zapatista

So WIllie survived, for now.

The greens don't seem one bit happy but they didthe dirty work anyway.

Could this be the implosion of the Greens and the collapse of the Government?

Who'd have thought that O'Dea doing his thing would be a bigger threat to the stabality of the Government than Bertie or NAMA or Mary Harney ???

Zapatista

Dan Boyle of the Greens on Wild Willie.

http://twitter.com/sendboyle

Not happy with what happened today. Believe we bounced into supporting mottion. Next week would have been fine.

As regards to Minister O'Dea I don't have confidence in him. His situation is compromised. Probably be a few chapters in this story yet.

Where to now Dan?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 17, 2010, 04:39:26 PM
Biffo qualified as a solicitor in his da's practice and has been in politics since he was 23
His family had the pub, undertakers and butchers, but never a legal practice.