Willie O'Dea

Started by Celt_Man, February 16, 2010, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on February 19, 2010, 02:14:44 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 19, 2010, 02:06:38 PM
I was listening to Morning Ireland or something on the way in this morning. I thought Pat Carey may have scored a bit of an own goal, but the Fine Gael guy who was on missed the opportunity to capitalise on it. I think the Fine Gaeler was Charles Flanagan, but I could be wrong. Anyway the Fine Gael guy was calling for the government to disband because they just keep lurching from one crisis to the next and it was time for a fresh start, to which Pat Carey replied, 'and then we'd have a government of Fine Gael and Labour who are so far apart on policies that they'd be unworkable'.

Off topic but something I want to point out. Over the last month or so with the talks in the north many commentators and politicians in the south took a high ground on the state of politics and politicians in the north. On many occasions I heard of how they're always at crisis point and how they can't agree and how it's mickey mouse politics fighting about nothing. Why can't they just agree? I can say now without any fear that the roll of politics and politicians in the north commands far more credibility than that of those shower in the Dail. In the north there are polar opposite political parties working together and reach crisis every 5 years but work even harder and closer to get through it. Rant over.

The North has been cursed by many problems and crises, true, however the North has never had a problem as big as the national curse that is Fianna Fail.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Main Street

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 19, 2010, 02:05:53 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 19, 2010, 02:02:55 PM
What are the chances?

Gardaí to consider O'Dea 'leak' probe

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0219/odeaw.html

I'm not sure what they have to consider or why it would just be a probe. Surely it should be an investigation?

Well you would think they should, either the former Minister is releasing Gardai Intelligence to local newspapers or the former minister is lying about what the Gardai/Garda said.
Lying more likely.
The only can of worms to be revealed is the one inside Willie's head.

I don't know if Willie is any worse that his FF cohorts but he never failed to make my skin crawl at the sound of his weaselly voice.

Eoghan Mag

I always found that the biggest problem with the North was that it was full of Northerners!

How will the Gardaí carry out the probe when they are going on strike?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2010, 02:29:51 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 19, 2010, 02:05:53 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 19, 2010, 02:02:55 PM
What are the chances?

Gardaí to consider O'Dea 'leak' probe

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0219/odeaw.html

I'm not sure what they have to consider or why it would just be a probe. Surely it should be an investigation?

Well you would think they should, either the former Minister is releasing Gardai Intelligence to local newspapers or the former minister is lying about what the Gardai/Garda said.
Lying more likely.
The only can of worms to be revealed is the one inside Willie's head.

I don't know if Willie is any worse that his FF cohorts but he never failed to make my skin crawl at the sound of his weaselly voice.

Only prosecution by the Gardai will stop O'Dea getting comfortably re-elected by the Irish public, Micheal Lowry, Bervery Flynn anybody!

Main Street

Anyway, even if the information did turn out to be sourced from general chit chat with a member of the Gardai, that's all it is - chit chat. It doesn't matter the source, the chit chat was not conferred with any stamp of legitimacy just because it came out from the mouth of a Guard. 
Chit chat is just chit chat.
Prosecute the weasel.

Zapatista

Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2010, 02:46:03 PM
Anyway, even if the information did turn out to be sourced from general chit chat with a member of the Gardai, that's all it is - chit chat. It doesn't matter the source, the chit chat was not conferred with any stamp of legitimacy just because it came out from the mouth of a Guard. 
Prosecute the weasel.

then the Garda is still guilty of slandering Quinnlivan?

Main Street

A private conversation.
How was the hypotheticalGuard to know what Willie would do with the nugget of info?
It's Willie's can of worms.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Zapatista on February 19, 2010, 02:51:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2010, 02:46:03 PM
Prosecute the weasel.

then the Garda is still guilty of slandering Quinnlivan?

But can imaginary friends be guilty of slander?

Zapatista

Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2010, 03:03:03 PM
A private conversation.

Not anymore as it is on record in the Dail and on the tape.

I don't believe for one second that a garda give him the info but I would like to get to the extent of Willies lies. I would like to see him go to jail too.

Bogball XV

Quote from: no mo do yakamo on February 19, 2010, 07:21:21 AM
He hasn't gone away you know!
nah, he's that f**king brazen and arrogant, he wouldn't.  I think reading these couple of threads shows exactly what's wrong with irish politics, the mayo boys all cheerleading FG, the Kerry lads backing J O'D (well no mo do yakoma anyway), I remember when Ahern was in his pomp Gnevin wouldn't hear a word against FF, I'm sure if we'd limerick posters, they'd be defending wee willie.

It's not football you know lads, you don't have to support your fellow county man.

AZOffaly

I'm from Offaly and I like Cowen, but I don't think he's making a great fist of the job. Does that make me bad? :D

Declan

QuoteDoes that make me bad?

In so many ways  ;)

Farrandeelin

Oi Bogball, where have I cheerleaded FG :P.

PS, Mayo4sam you are correct, I was having a convo with the old lad this morning about the state of the country. And we both agreed that FF were incompetent when in power in squandering so much money, by hiring people who did small jobs for big prices. And I do think it's time for change but I cannot see the rest of FG allowing Enda Kenny to wait on as leader. But if there's one any time soon he is the leader and he would be Taoiseach. Maybe he would do a good job if FG were elected as an overall majority. I just can't see that happening though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Billys Boots

QuoteAnd we both agreed that FF were incompetent when in power in squandering so much money, by hiring people who did small jobs for big prices.

Hang on now, that wasn't just FFs fault - we all hold some responsibility for that. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

Quote from: Zapatista on February 19, 2010, 03:06:08 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2010, 03:03:03 PM
A private conversation.

Not anymore as it is on record in the Dail and on the tape.
Must be an imaginary tape.

You mean that Willie surreptuosly recorded the chit chat with the Guard and now its public knowledge what transgressed and therefore the Guard is open for libel charge?  :o

Can you imagine the mayhem in the legal system if all the gossip in Ireland was subject to legal scrutiny
to see if there was a basis for slander, we would end up having to build a few hundred Gulags.