SOON TO BE PUBLISHED VOICES FROM THE GRAVE

Started by Seosamh, February 16, 2010, 02:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Gaffer on February 16, 2010, 09:53:54 PM
Davy Irvine has made contributions to this book as well. Hie revelations could be interesting

As regards Darkie, he was a highly respected republican within their circle and anything thing he says in this book is going to be taken as the truth.
[/b]

I can't see criticism of SF being accepted as the truth. That Hughes was and is a highly respected man is beyond doubt.

Let the spin begin.

Zapatista

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 16, 2010, 09:50:24 PM
as when I met and spoke to hughes at length in philadelphia

I think it's important to remember the talks many have had with some of the main players in writing Irish history. When the hungerstrikes become an accepted part of Irish history these personal experiences will be very important to keeping the record straight.

If i were to meet and talk with some of these people I would ask them all to write down their own accounts of what happened. The worst thing that could happpen is leave it to the people who were writing it down over the last 40 odd years.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Zapatista on February 16, 2010, 10:03:02 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 16, 2010, 09:50:24 PM
as when I met and spoke to hughes at length in philadelphia

I think it's important to remember the talks many have had with some of the main players in writing Irish history. When the hungerstrikes become an accepted part of Irish history these personal experiences will be very important to keeping the record straight.

If i were to meet and talk with some of these people I would ask them all to write down their own accounts of what happened. The worst thing that could happpen is leave it to the people who were writing it down over the last 40 odd years.
thing is Zap, a lot of these fellas wouldnt want stuff written - as it would have incriminated them !

However there ae some people who will give an honest first hand account of these events, and a lot more who will make up stuff like orawe did.

Mostly Hughes confirmed what I already knew / had been told - so it wasnt exactly earth shattering. So the real story is already out there.

Gaffer

Quote from: Gaffer on February 16, 2010, 09:42:45 PM
Amazon have been messing me about as regards this book. Ordered it in early January and was told then that I would have it in mid Jan. Then email with apologies and said that I would have it by 14th Feb. Nothing arrived. I checked and noted that it is to be published on 18th March so why is Amazon giving me these earlier dates. It s  usually a reliable outfit.

And I get this today  >:( >:( >:(

Dear Gaffer

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on January 05 2010.

Ed Moloney "Voices from the Grave"
  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0571251684

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

lynchbhoy

Gaffer, amazon are under the cosh and are sometimes forbidden to sell certain books etc.

I bought that book ' the committee' a few years ago on it, then shortly after , this book was pulled and amazon were not allowed sell it !
Though you could still get it on ebay

maybe they were checking whether they were allowed sell it before fially getting back to you