Harte threatens live TV ban !

Started by orangeman, February 16, 2010, 09:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Harte has a huge point here.  Derry & Tyrone seem to have got a raw deal in the past year or so.

How many of Ciaran Whelan and Shane Ryan's hits off the ball were punished retrospectively following review?   I am using these 2 players as examples as I do recall them throwing digs which were heavily replayed during post match analysis. 

I am sure there are many others from Kerry, Galway etc. and the other teams who are on TV most.

Onion Bag

Quote from: under the bar on February 16, 2010, 11:34:02 AM
Harte has a huge point here.  Derry & Tyrone seem to have got a raw deal in the past year or so.

How many of Ciaran Whelan and Shane Ryan's hits off the ball were punished retrospectively following review?   I am using these 2 players as examples as I do recall them throwing digs which were heavily replayed during post match analysis. 

I am sure there are many others from Kerry, Galway etc. and the other teams who are on TV most.

Kerry, Dublin, Galway, Mayo all featured on the box last weekend, so whats your point
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hound

Mickey's whinging is very much an empty threat.

Tyrone's sponsors would be very unhappy with a tv blackout, especially those who sponsor around the pitch. So its not going to happen.

Easiest way for Mickey to deal with this would be to stop his players being knackers on the pitch. Then the so-called witch-hunt would be brought to an abrupt end.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Hound on February 16, 2010, 12:13:14 PM

Tyrone's sponsors would be very unhappy with a tv blackout, especially those who sponsor around the pitch. So its not going to happen.

Easiest way for Mickey to deal with this would be to stop his players being knackers on the pitch. Then the so-called witch-hunt would be brought to an abrupt end.

So why did Miskella not get done after All Ireland semi final or Kinnelly after the final?  Ciaran Whelan was a law onto himself as they wouldn't do him either. Do them all or do none. That is all is being asked...

full back

Easiest way for Mickey to deal with this would be to stop his players being knackers on the pitch.

Mickey has plenty of knackers on the field, but so too have other counties.
All knackers should be treated the same way

Zapatista

Getting a little carried away here. He was asked about it and said they would think about it. Hardly much of a threat.

Denn Forever

On a general point.  Has this been brought in for just this year? 

Hence no bans for kieran donaghy michael shields and young walsh get if they review the cork kerry games.  You are referng to last year?

Slippery slope if video evidence and retrospective bans come in.  How retrospective will it go?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 16, 2010, 12:26:09 PM

Hence no bans for kieran donaghy michael shields and young walsh get if they review the cork kerry games.  You are referng to last year?

Slippery slope if video evidence and retrospective bans come in.  How retrospective will it go?

... just to Tyrone's last game  ;)

sammymaguire

the c*nt thinks he's Fergie! He really needs to calm down and take defeat more graciously
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 16, 2010, 12:26:09 PM

tommy mcguigan got done last year (prob deservedly so) but it wasnt consistantly applied all year then (whelan,kennelly, miskella)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

under the bar

QuoteHarte has a huge point here.  Derry & Tyrone seem to have got a raw deal in the past year or so.

Kerry, Dublin, Galway, Mayo all featured on the box last weekend, so whats your point

I'll give you a clue. It's the sentence ending with the question mark.

tyrone86

Not an issue, TCB sees no money from pitchside hoardings - all money goes to St Endas.

Onion Bag

It all boils down to Discipline,

if hands, fists, Knees and elbows and boots were doing what they are supposed to be doing there wouldnt be an issue.

so sort it out Mickey every other team that has started the league that have been on TV have had no complaints, and they are in the same boat,

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Onion Bag on February 16, 2010, 02:31:53 PM
It all boils down to Discipline,

if hands, fists, Knees and elbows and boots were doing what they are supposed to be doing there wouldnt be an issue.

so sort it out Mickey every other team that has started the league that have been on TV have had no complaints, and they are in the same boat,
Your completely missing the point here oinion bag, the fact is, everyone ISNT in the same boat, because other indiscretitions have been caught on camera, yet they have chosen not to punish them.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Onion Bag

Correct me if wrong but did Derry also not have a player suspended from the same game