Tyrone v Monaghan - Inniskeen - Sun 7th March

Started by tyroneman, February 15, 2010, 11:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 04, 2010, 09:17:13 PM
Probably not a great place for the likes of raymie Mulgrew to be trying to stake a claim for a place. This game will probably be a low scoring dour encounter, and to be honest doesnt really suit that type of player, but maybe thats why Harte hasnt been falling in love with him recently, perhaps this is the acid test?
I wouldn't bet on it. Monaghan currently have both the best scoring record and the worst defensive record in Division 1!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 04, 2010, 09:49:11 PM
Probably not a great place for the likes of raymie Mulgrew to be trying to stake a claim for a place. This game will probably be a low scoring dour encounter, and to be honest doesnt really suit that type of player, but maybe thats why Harte hasnt been falling in love with him recently, perhaps this is the acid test?
I wouldn't bet on it. Monaghan currently have both the best scoring record and the worst defensive record in Division 1!

Looking forward to it and would expect a good game. Both teams need the points already so should be going all out for a win. Think it will be a high enough scoring game as well. What's Inniskeen like as venue? I'm guessing it will sell out although haven't heard much talk of tickets. Did Finlay get a straight red or 2 yellows in the last game?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 04, 2010, 09:49:11 PM

Hopefully Dessie Mone's return will improve that statistic slightly...?!

haranguerer

Quote from: Schkite on March 02, 2010, 07:49:59 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 02, 2010, 07:39:57 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 02, 2010, 06:03:42 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 02, 2010, 10:37:43 AM
I wonder what the Monaghan/Tyrone ticket ratio will be? It'll be a good atmosphere anyhow..
It could have been, but if the allowed capacity is a couple of thousand less that the actual capacity, a lot of potential atmosphere will be lost.

I see Tyrone are complaining about having to travel the whole way to Inniskeen.

Were did you see that? Haven't heard any complaints and am quite happy to go to Inniskeen. People in most counties usuallly find some complaints about venues so wouldn't be suprised. Pity about it having to be all ticket though. May not even sell out if one's can't be bothered looking for tickets. Tyrone have a fair few season ticket holders though.

Tyrone's county board chairman is the one complaining:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=124793

The set capacity is a joke, it can hold alot more than that but they've really gone overboard with the health and safety.

How many can it hold then? Are you going by someone who said it looked near as big as cross which can hold 10,000?  ::)

I'd imagine theres a set measurement for capacity, for eg 1m sq per person, its unlikely the H&S people in Iniskeen are more zealous than those elsewhere...

Schkite

Quote from: haranguerer on March 05, 2010, 12:54:06 PM
I wonder what the Monaghan/Tyrone ticket ratio will be? It'll be a good atmosphere anyhow..
It could have been, but if the allowed capacity is a couple of thousand less that the actual capacity, a lot of potential atmosphere will be lost.

Were did you see that? Haven't heard any complaints and am quite happy to go to Inniskeen. People in most counties usuallly find some complaints about venues so wouldn't be suprised. Pity about it having to be all ticket though. May not even sell out if one's can't be bothered looking for tickets. Tyrone have a fair few season ticket holders though.

The set capacity is a joke, it can hold alot more than that but they've really gone overboard with the health and safety.

How many can it hold then? Are you going by someone who said it looked near as big as cross which can hold 10,000?  ::)

I'd imagine theres a set measurement for capacity, for eg 1m sq per person, its unlikely the H&S people in Iniskeen are more zealous than those elsewhere...

Eh, where did I refer to the capacity of Cross? That's irrelevant. I just know from being at games there that it can hold more than that. And for some reason the H&S people have been a bit over-zealous for this game than others, for example if the ground in Scotstown had been put under the same scrutiny I'm sure it wouldn't have been allowed to hold the amount it has for recent league games, especially if it's mainly based on area as you imagine.

mountainboii

Could the infrastructure around Inniskeen have had a baring on the set capacity? The pitch is on a wee country road in the middle of nowhere.

haranguerer

Someone else mentioned Cross; it was only after that post that others started questioning the capacity. How many have you seen Iniskeen hold? Just out of interest too, how many have been at the league games in Scotstown?

timmyot501

Inniskeen has the stand on one side but either side of the stand is just flat ground which had it been sloped would have increase the capacity another bit. Behind both goals is flat also, again losing out on the potential for a bigger attendance.  So although croke park have probably overdone the safety factors there is a lot of wasted space around inniskeen grounds (as good and all as they are)

cadhlancian

lads and lassies...........any chance of some talk/posts about the fecking game!!!! >:( Who gives a feck, how many they let in.Jeeeeeeeeeeez

omagh_gael

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 05, 2010, 03:41:30 PM
lads and lassies...........any chance of some talk/posts about the fecking game!!!! >:( Who gives a feck, how many they let in.Jeeeeeeeeeeez

So do any of you's know any good spaces to park the car up? ;)

Fuzzman

Is this game on TG4 deferred on Sunday?

I hope after this break there is a pick up in performance and scores

I'll be watching our free takers again as I think this is still a major problem for Tyrone as we kick a good 5 or 6 away each game.

Tommy can be very hot or cold in my eyes and will be interesting to see how Cookstown lads settle in again.
Mugsy doesn't normally do well in the heavy pitches in the league finding it hard to shake off his man.

cadhlancian

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 05, 2010, 03:48:16 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on March 05, 2010, 03:41:30 PM

So do any of you's know any good spaces to park the car up? ;)
lol! ;D

Zapatista

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 05, 2010, 03:54:54 PM
Mugsy doesn't normally do well in the heavy pitches in the league finding it hard to shake off his man.

I haven't Mugsy but I'd like to think he has been playing enough football this last few months to have him in good condition, he hasn't had much of a chance to slack off this year.

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on March 05, 2010, 12:54:06 PM

It's not Inniskeen H&S - it's Croke Park's decision.