Tyrone v Monaghan - Inniskeen - Sun 7th March

Started by tyroneman, February 15, 2010, 11:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Great result for Monaghan, despite not playing particularly well. I'd have Clerkin as Monaghan's Man of the Match. Both Finlay and Woods could probably have gone for goals at the end, but both played it safe and in the end it was enough.

tyroneman

Just in from game and bitterly disappointed. Initial thoughts: Curran is a liability (not as much as the Mon keeper though!). Hub and Cass may be a decent enough pairing. Cass was immense in 2nd half. Hub same in 1st. Gormley cost us the game with his moment of madness. Equally I can't understand going for point with last kick. Mulgrew had some nice tocuhes but doesn't want to know about dirty ball. Overall we just didn't do enough up front and missed too many scoreable chances.

Someone said there was a big interview with Cavanagh in one of the Sunday papers? Him and Harte clearing the air?

Main Street

There was about a minute wasted while the ref stopped play.
Final whistle was blown after 3 mins 45secs  of added time. I suppose the ref could have waited another 30 seconds until Shane Duffy found the ball, placed it, walked back slowly and kicked it out.

Nice to have a win at last after a good finish.
Sound decisions by Finlay and Woods to take the last points and a great free by McManus.
Vinny Corey put a new meaning to the 'nutmeg'.

usa07

Quote from: hardstation on March 07, 2010, 05:25:34 PM
The size of Rory Woods' tits... :o
[/quote
His belly an tits are nearly as big as the woman i seen him with in Behans New York last summer!!

tyroneman

Tell you what big Dick sure knows how to go to ground. You would know the Oscars are around the corner alright!

Maguire01

Quote from: usa07 on March 07, 2010, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 07, 2010, 05:25:34 PM
The size of Rory Woods' tits... :o
[/quote
His belly an tits are nearly as big as the woman i seen him with in Behans New York last summer!!
Rule 2 lads.

Maguire01

Regarding the capacity, there were 3,654 at the game and it was pretty full. There's no way the place could hold some of the numbers people were throwing out earlier in the thread.

Also noticed the tri-lingual sign on the mens toilet: Gents/Fír/Homme!

Maguire01

Quote from: tyroneman on March 07, 2010, 06:02:54 PM
Just in from game and bitterly disappointed. Initial thoughts: Curran is a liability (not as much as the Mon keeper though!).
Too right. Gave away at least 2 points, maybe 3.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone have lost the last two league games by a point whilst attacking both times in injury time.
You get the feeling their luck will change and Cork are up next in Omagh this Saturday.

longrunsthefox

Jees! that Dick Clerkin is a tight lump of a man. While Mr Fearon is being his usual vindicive self, i do wonder is that Tyrone and All Irelands for a while. All that 1998 minor side is hitting 30 now and Ricey and Dooher are older. Can't keep going to that well forever. If it is a yaer or two to turn over a new team... it was the best to ever come out of Ulster.

Main Street

Great program on TG4 (after the deferred coverage), about one of the great Irish legends,  Patrick Street.

Zapatista

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 07, 2010, 05:28:36 PM
Aidan Cassidy looked to have a good game, a lone furrow in midfield.
Colm Cavanagh missed some goal chance when it was 12 all.
Conor Gormley badly lost the ball for the Freeman goal.

To be fair for some reason Pernrose decided to run right across his path as he struck it.

Archie Mitchell

Great set up at Inniskeen.

Thought Tyrone were well in control in 1st half until Gormley's bad mistake for the goal. Was scrappy enough 2nd half with not many scores coming from play. Monaghan seemed to want it more, but thought Tyrone deserved a draw and there should have been at least another minute played. Best for Tyrone was Cassidy with Carlin and Cavanagh showing well. Brian McGuigan was also good in 1st half bud faded in 2nd.

The ref was a complete clown, for both sides. Some baffling decisions.

FermGael

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on March 07, 2010, 07:50:27 PM
Great set up at Inniskeen.

Thought Tyrone were well in control in 1st half until Gormley's bad mistake for the goal. Was scrappy enough 2nd half with not many scores coming from play. Monaghan seemed to want it more, but thought Tyrone deserved a draw and there should have been at least another minute played. Best for Tyrone was Cassidy with Carlin and Cavanagh showing well. Brian McGuigan was also good in 1st half bud faded in 2nd.

The ref was a complete clown, for both sides. Some baffling decisions.

That would be Our Martin.
We promoted him into the intercounty set up so he would not have to referee any more club games in the county.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Archie Mitchell

He was the worst ref I have seen in a good while. He blew for a square ball in 1st half, gave frees for hand passes then ignored them, gave handy free's for both teams for nothing offenses, when Tyrone were attacking in 1st half not 1 but 2 Tyrone players were fouled and he played on. He also let Banty intimidate him near the end when he gave a free for Tyrone and then over turned it to a Monaghan line ball.

What are these All-Ireland medals that he supposidly has?