Shit did I just say that

Started by dundrumite, February 14, 2010, 12:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

This could be an urban legend, but apparently it's pure true :D (It's more of a shit did I do that).

A lad was getting the train from Limerick to Dublin, and was hungry, it being early in the morning, so he ran into the Spar and got the paper and a packet of Hob Nobs.

Anyhow he sits into the train, across the way from this other lad, puts the rucksack down and takes out the paper. He gets a cup of tea from the trolly, as does his new friend, and starts reading the paper.

After a minute he takes a hob nob, as you do to dunk in the tea, and out of the corner of his eye, he sees the other lad taking a hob nob as well, with not a word of asking permission. Your man thinks, the cheeky bastard. He takes another, and sure enough, within 30 seconds, so does the other buck.

It's gone too far for making a big deal out of it now, so the lad goes on reading the paper, eating a biscuit and drinking his tea, with the lad across from him matching him biscuit for biscuit. The lad is absolutely bucking, but begins to think the other fella is a bit soft in the head, so he brushes it off.

Anyway, they reach Ballybrophy or someplace, and the other fella gets up, nods at our man and leaves the train.

The train pulls into Heuston, and our man is laughing at the good of it, but can't believe the cheek of the other fella. As the train stops, our fella stands up, folds up his paper, and lifts up his bag........to see *his* unopened packet of Hob Nobs looking up at him!

The Iceman

Remember meeting a good friend of my cousins at a wedding and saying:
"God XXXX I didn't recognize you with all the weight on"

It was a busy wedding and I was talking to a load of different ones and said what came into my head - unfortunately it was the worst thing to say to her.

She has gained close to 3 stone since i lost saw her.....

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 15, 2010, 09:12:56 PM
This could be an urban legend, but apparently it's pure true :D (It's more of a shit did I do that).

A lad was getting the train from Limerick to Dublin, and was hungry, it being early in the morning, so he ran into the Spar and got the paper and a packet of Hob Nobs.

Anyhow he sits into the train, across the way from this other lad, puts the rucksack down and takes out the paper. He gets a cup of tea from the trolly, as does his new friend, and starts reading the paper.

After a minute he takes a hob nob, as you do to dunk in the tea, and out of the corner of his eye, he sees the other lad taking a hob nob as well, with not a word of asking permission. Your man thinks, the cheeky b**tard. He takes another, and sure enough, within 30 seconds, so does the other buck.

It's gone too far for making a big deal out of it now, so the lad goes on reading the paper, eating a biscuit and drinking his tea, with the lad across from him matching him biscuit for biscuit. The lad is absolutely bucking, but begins to think the other fella is a bit soft in the head, so he brushes it off.

Anyway, they reach Ballybrophy or someplace, and the other fella gets up, nods at our man and leaves the train.

The train pulls into Heuston, and our man is laughing at the good of it, but can't believe the cheek of the other fella. As the train stops, our fella stands up, folds up his paper, and lifts up his bag........to see *his* unopened packet of Hob Nobs looking up at him!

Very good AZ  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dougal

After a minute he takes a hob nob, as you do to dunk in the tea, and out of the corner of his eye, he sees the other lad taking a hob nob as well, with not a word of asking permission. Your man thinks, the cheeky b**tard. He takes another, and sure enough, within 30 seconds, so does the other buck.

urban legend i'd imagine,ive heard the same story with a kitkat in a coffee shop.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

BennyHarp

My first teaching job was in a bit of a backward town in England where everyone seemed to be related. At a parents evening one night I was sat beside a lovely wee old woman who taught English. I was waiting for my next appointment and was sort of listening to what she was saying to a parent who had just sat down. She greeted the parent and pointed to the person he was with and said "Is that your other son? Will he be joining our school next year then?" The dad replied - "No, thats my wife!" I nearly wet myself trying not to laugh!
That was never a square ball!!

mannix

True story.
was on a jobsite in manhattan, irish plumber was doing the water side of it, he had a peurto rican lad working for him. Now the puerto rican was new on the job and arrived earlier than the irish buck. On arriving the irish buck sends the lad to the van for something, ha arrives back and says to him "here John, and the guy sitting in the van says to hurry up,he has an appointment in 15 minutes" the irish buck looked at him and ran out of the place, we looked out the window and seen him speed off with his korean wife sitting snugly in the passenger seat. I was sore from laughing and the cork lad on the job was the same, priceless.Puerto rican lad was dropped that evening.

full back

Quote from: mannix on February 16, 2010, 01:32:27 PM
True story.
was on a jobsite in manhattan, irish plumber was doing the water side of it, he had a peurto rican lad working for him. Now the puerto rican was new on the job and arrived earlier than the irish buck. On arriving the irish buck sends the lad to the van for something, ha arrives back and says to him "here John, and the guy sitting in the van says to hurry up,he has an appointment in 15 minutes" the irish buck looked at him and ran out of the place, we looked out the window and seen him speed off with his korean wife sitting snugly in the passenger seat. I was sore from laughing and the cork lad on the job was the same, priceless.Puerto rican lad was dropped that evening.

Am I missing something here?
Just dont get it ???

Geoff Tipps

QuoteAm I missing something here?
Just dont get it

Phew, thought it was just me  :)

norabeag

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 16, 2010, 01:47:18 PM
Just dont get it

ditto
I thought my marbles were gone

Hound

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 16, 2010, 01:47:18 PM
Just dont get it

Took me a couple of reads.

The key section is:

...and the guy sitting in the van says to hurry up,he has an appointment in 15 minutes

Zapatista

True story.

I think this is it.

Celt_Man

Heard that one except it was an American priest and donuts...  ::)
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

full back

True story.

I thought I understood the gist of it until this bit.
Is the Irish man married to a Korean woman? Why is he speeding of in his own van?

Or is there a thief married to a Korean woman? How do we know it is a Korean woman?

So many questions............

mannix

no, you are not losing your marbles, the puerto rican fella thought that the bosses wife was a man when he seen her and then even more so when she spoke. She was a woman alright but looked a little boyish, I never laughed as much.
Kind of like when you see a new bay and don,t know if its a boy or girl and do the unthinkable and say hes lovely.

mannix

he was speeding off because his face was purple with embarrassment, imagine if someone called your girlfriend/wife a man.