Monaghan = Good Clean Football

Started by Maguire01, February 12, 2010, 07:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=123824

The GAA have issued their first Fair Play Index, which ranks each county based on their disciplinary record in the Allianz NFL.

With no bookings or red cards in their opening round games, Monaghan and Limerick have perfect disciplinary records after one round.

Bottom of the table are Roscommon, who received eight yellow cards in their 13-point loss to Cavan in NFL Division 3.

Kildare, who have three players currently suspended after a row in their O'Byrne Cup clash with Laois in January, are second bottom with seven bookings in their clash with Down last weekend.

Counties received points for yellow cards and red cards, with yellow cards started at one point and red cards going from anything between 2 and 10 points based on the category of offence.

Full details of the table and the category of offences are available here - [url]http://www.hoganstand.com/common/clients/national/fairplay.pdf[/url

It will be interesting to see how this pans out over time.

downredblack

mountainboii

Tyrone will be fairly close to the bottom after today's suspensions are factored in. Dirty team  :P

Schkite

Quote from: downredblack on February 12, 2010, 07:31:36 PM
Is Desie Mone palying this year ?

Hasn't played yet funny enough, don't worry he'll be back soon to restore the order.

haranguerer

In fairness Maguire, you were only gonna get one opportunity to start a thread with this title, and you grabbed it!  :D

I'm looking forward to it being resurrected in the summer when it'll look like sarcasm though!!  :P

imtommygunn

dick clerkin would be odds on for  a red at some stage too...

saffron sam2

Number of yellow cards is directly proportional to number of games won.

Hope it lasts.

No right thinking person will shed any tears when your season ends.

Nor will they count the number of yellow cards Monaghan receive.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Maguire01

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 12, 2010, 09:30:53 PM
No right thinking person will shed any tears when your season ends.
Shedding tears would be a bit of an over-reaction alright.

Hardy

Maguire01

Monaghan heading to the bottom of this league after this game!
Ironocally, not by playing particularly dirty.

Schkite

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 14, 2010, 03:54:46 PM
Monaghan heading to the bottom of this league after this game!
Ironocally, not by playing particularly dirty.

Won't stop people talking shite about our dirtiness though!

haranguerer

Quote from: haranguerer on February 12, 2010, 09:15:19 PM
In fairness Maguire, you were only gonna get one opportunity to start a thread with this title, and you grabbed it!  :D

I'm looking forward to it being resurrected in the summer when it'll look like sarcasm though!!  :P

Or even now... :D

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on March 13, 2010, 08:47:35 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 12, 2010, 09:15:19 PM

Or even now... :D
I took my one opportunity!
(Although despite the number of cards, none of the games have been dirty at all.)