Sickening attack on ambulance worker

Started by longrunsthefox, February 11, 2010, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

This should get the sap rising... am loathe to use the word 'scum' as often bandied about on this board but these f***ers are the dregs... while yer ambulance man was heroic

Praise for paramedic who treated patient after attack  
The ambulance service has praised a paramedic who continued to treat a woman, after he was attacked by a group in Derry last weekend.
The man was punched, kicked and dragged across the road while attending a traffic accident at the junction of Strand Road and Rock Road on Saturday.
John McPoland from the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service praised his actions.
"Some bystanders, who we believe were intoxicated, kicked and punched and dragged him," he said.
"At that point I think most people would think, 'that's it, I've had enough,' but to his credit he realised the patient needed his help.
"So he stayed at the scene and treated her as well as he could."

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Derry city centre has turned into a right dangerous place since the ceasefire.
Tbc....

Bensars

Heard this on the radio this morning. A workmate of the injured party was saying that its a common occurance. The people that carry out the assaults then stand up in court and blame it on the drink whereby  they get a slap on the hand .

Thats the level of scumbags you have. How can any right thinking person feel its fair game to assault a paramedic who is obviously trying to assist an injured party ?

Celt_Man

Jaysus that is a joke, no doubt if the paramedic had of defended himself and clipped one or two of them he would be in the dock
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

T Fearon

"Sickening" is a rather appropriate word to describe attacks on amublance workers, or indeed attacks on any one working in the Health Sector, but what other word(s) would adequately describe attacks on members of other professions?

For example, would an attack on a restaurant worker  be "stomach churning", an attack on a member of the church be "unholy", an attack on a cleaner be "filthy",an attack on a sports person be "foul", an attack on an ugly person be "gruesome" etc etc. Any other ideas?

Celt_Man

Quote from: T Fearon on February 11, 2010, 02:08:13 PM
"Sickening" is a rather appropriate word to describe attacks on amublance workers, or indeed attacks on any one working in the Health Sector, but what other word(s) would adequately describe attacks on members of other professions?

For example, would an attack on a restaurant worker  be "stomach churning", an attack on a member of the church be "unholy", an attack on a cleaner be "filthy",an attack on a sports person be "foul", an attack on an ugly person be "gruesome" etc etc. Any other ideas?

Is there a point to all that shite or are you just trying to be funny?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

T Fearon

Hey thats one I never thought of. "Sad attack on a comedian!" :D

ziggysego

Terrible attack on a man trying to help others. Fair play to him for continuing when his own wellbeing was in danger.
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 11, 2010, 01:44:20 PM
Derry has always been dangerous for a night out GDA.

delboy

They seem to make a habit of that sort of shit, firebrigade, buses, police.

Minder

Derry seems to have an above average quota of scumbags.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JUst retired

Fearon, who called the comedian a f*cker. Who called you a comedian,not in good taste I`m afraid.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 11, 2010, 02:45:57 PM

Doogie remember going out with a wee one from Rosemount in the early 90's, only thing you worried about was the Brits or RUC getting you.
Tbc....

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 11, 2010, 04:02:47 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 11, 2010, 02:45:57 PM

Doogie remember going out with a wee one from Rosemount in the early 90's, only thing you worried about was the Brits or RUC getting you.
I have always viewed it as a rough city, but like everywhere else there are good spots and bad spots.  Still enjoyable night out in Derry but going home injury free used to be considered a success!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: T Fearon on February 11, 2010, 02:08:13 PM

When I used the word 'sickening' what passes for humour in your mind didn't occur to me at all. Another insight into your thinking...  :-\