Virgin media - broadband advice

Started by pintsofguinness, February 08, 2010, 10:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should pints continue to steal broadband...

It'll stop working in a day or two
You'll get a big bill in 12 months
Steal away
It's wrong to steal

pintsofguinness

I'm exhausted, never did I think I'd see the day when I'm sick fighting.  I've had some memorial battles with BT but it's Virginmedia that broke my spirit. 

As I ranted on the grinds thread I was using their broadband and telephone service no complaints until last week they cut off the phone.  After dozens of phone calls to them, about 35-45 quid spent on a mobile phone (no joke) ringing them and emails to them telling them to get the phone connected back  I got a text today saying "sorry you're leaving us, you're broadband service has been canceled". What!  I've talked to almost everyone in every department and apart from 1 or 2 what a useless pack of c***ts.  and for the first time in my life, which may come as a surprise to some considering the moaning and complaining I do on here, I made a complaint. I was a hour on the phone to them tonight trying to just get connected again, no one wanted to know! Never did I see a company that's not interested in customers!

anyway, very long story short - from what I can gather they've canceled my account because they think the address is wrong. A boy that came round about getting the cable installed last week made a mistake on the form he put in for me and it's snowballed from there.  They claim my account is cancelled and the telephone and broadband has been disconnected.

Sneaky thing is, the broadband is still working...I did tell several of them today that it's still working, they think it's disconnected but no one cared. 

So, do I continue using, will they find out? Will I get a massive bill in about 12 months because God knows how they're charging me for it....or maybe it'll stop working in a few days anyway  :(

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Your call really pints

They will figure out eventually that your modem is still working and act accordingly, if you use it in the interim they will know so if they were to present you with a bill down the line you would have no argument really, your house, your computer etc
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 08, 2010, 10:36:35 PM
Your call really pints

They will figure out eventually that your modem is still working and act accordingly, if you use it in the interim they will know so if they were to present you with a bill down the line you would have no argument really, your house, your computer etc

I'd be surprised if some of the idiots I talked to over the last 4 days could find their arse!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 08, 2010, 10:40:48 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 08, 2010, 10:36:35 PM
Your call really pints

I'd be surprised if some of the idiots I talked to over the last 4 days could find their arse!
Undoubtedly, I have had some frustrations with them myself.  I have done enough yelling at them for both of us - trained monkeys could do their jobs better
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Trevor Hill

Use away at it. Go to confession every week if it bothers you.  ;)