Homophobia and racism in Ireland

Started by Olly, February 08, 2010, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: EC Unique on February 13, 2010, 12:09:40 AM
I pretty much accept that I am mildly racist fear. I have demonstrated that already in my view that I would like my family to continue in the form that has served it so well. I am happy enough with that 'label'. It does not bother me. Why use the word 'pig'?

There's no such thing as "mildly" racist EC, it's like saying someone is a little bit xenophobic, or a little bit paedophilic, or a tad anti-semitic, or partly a psychopath. Racism is an extreme, and I have an unapologetic antipathy towards anyone of that particular disposition.

You'd do well to remember how we (the Paddy Irish) were treated by people of a mindset such as your own not so long ago. And it isn't a pretty memory.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

I pretty much accept that I am mildly racist fear. I have demonstrated that already in my view that I would like my family to continue in the form that has served it so well. I am happy enough with that 'label'. It does not bother me. Why use the word 'pig'?

Why would anybody of such inferior stock as you have any delusions of superiority ?

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 12, 2010, 10:44:14 PM
Ok EC... you want a nice, Irish white hetrosexual intelligent Catholic to marry your child. What if they were disabled? or a dwarf? or maybe had a stammer?....   

Just for the record, I don't have a stammer.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrones own

It's funny how there wasn't the same outrage when the
"butter wouldn't melt in their mouths brigade" were weighing in
on the travelers thread a while back....  ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Why do you continue to try and belittle those who arent homophobic or racist?
Because your belief that everyone has the same attitudes as you help justify your own prejudices?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

EC Unique

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 13, 2010, 12:43:28 AM

There's no such thing as "mildly" racist EC, it's like saying someone is a little bit xenophobic, or a little bit paedophilic, or a tad anti-semitic, or partly a psychopath. Racism is an extreme, and I have an unapologetic antipathy towards anyone of that particular disposition.

You'd do well to remember how we (the Paddy Irish) were treated by people of a mindset such as your own not so long ago. And it isn't a pretty memory.

Are you saying there are no different degrees of racism? Do you consider me the same as a member of the KKK who would happily murder a black person?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: EC Unique on February 13, 2010, 11:08:12 AM

Are you saying there are no different degrees of racism? Do you consider me the same as a member of the KKK who would happily murder a black person?

You have described yourself as mildly rascist. Which means I suppose you have a dislike of people of a different colour than you. Care to explain how you came to this conclusion? I don't think you have done that and I must say I am intrigued to hear your reasoning.

ONeill

There are people from Derry, Armagh and Tyrone who genuinely hate each other because of where they come from. What do ye call that?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 13, 2010, 02:32:23 PM

You have described yourself as mildly rascist. Which means I suppose you have a dislike of people of a different colour than you. Care to explain how you came to this conclusion? I don't think you have done that and I must say I am intrigued to hear your reasoning.

The only reason I describe myself as that is as I have stated I would rather my family married another Irish Catholic.  If that is racist then so be it. Otherwise I don't have a problem with any ethnic group.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2010, 02:34:43 PM
There are people from Derry, Armagh and Tyrone who genuinely hate each other because of where they come from. What do ye call that?

Tribalism is what you call that - are you not supposed to be a teacher?

Fear ón Srath Bán

The gap isn't anything like as wide as you seem to think it is. Once you're judging people solely on the colour of their skin rather than the content of their character you're on a very slippery slope; implicitly you're making the value judgment that one person is better than another purely on the lottery of the circumstances of their birth.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

pintsofguinness

Being idiots.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

I doubt that Shane, saying it is one thing, actually living it is insanity.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

EC Unique

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 13, 2010, 03:38:10 PM
The gap isn't anything like as wide as you seem to think it is. Once you're judging people solely on the colour of their skin rather than the content of their character you're on a very slippery slope; implicitly you're making the value judgment that one person is better than another purely on the lottery of the circumstances of their birth. You may not murder that black person, but neither would you prevent it since that life doesn't have the same intrinsic value as yours, so you believe.

I honestly do not think there is anything wrong with wanting my family to remain 100% Irish.

I do not value anyone else on a higher or lower level to myself and as for

''You may not murder that black person, but neither would you prevent it since that life doesn't have the same intrinsic value as yours, so you believe.''

That is very presumptions of you and also very wrong. I would put as much effort into preventing a murder as you or any other decent person would.

Please retract that statement >:(

mylestheslasher

Quote from: EC Unique on February 13, 2010, 05:02:20 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 13, 2010, 03:38:10 PM
The gap isn't anything like as wide as you seem to think it is. Once you're judging people solely on the colour of their skin rather than the content of their character you're on a very slippery slope; implicitly you're making the value judgment that one person is better than another purely on the lottery of the circumstances of their birth. You may not murder that black person, but neither would you prevent it since that life doesn't have the same intrinsic value as yours, so you believe.

I honestly do not think there is anything wrong with wanting my family to remain 100% Irish.

I do not value anyone else on a higher or lower level to myself and as for

''You may not murder that black person, but neither would you prevent it since that life doesn't have the same intrinsic value as yours, so you believe.''

That is very presumptions of you and also very wrong. I would put as much effort into preventing a murder as you or any other decent person would.

Please retract that statement >:(

100% Irish! Jesus Christ would you listen to yourself. Would prospective boyfriends to your daughter have to present their family tree at the door before being allowed to 2nd base?