Homophobia and racism in Ireland

Started by Olly, February 08, 2010, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 11, 2010, 11:26:45 PM
About trying to hide your right wing, fundamental religious, racist, homophobic views behind the excuse you know loads who feel the same way. Have you children or is that a figment of your imagination? I would hope my children would never come home with a character like you...   
Is mass generalizing through ignorance as bad as being racist or a homophobe ?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ziggysego

Quote from: Tyrones own on February 12, 2010, 12:03:38 AM
About trying to hide your right wing, fundamental religious, racist, homophobic views behind the excuse you know loads who feel the same way. Have you children or is that a figment of your imagination? I would hope my children would never come home with a character like you...   

At least you're admitting now that being racist and homophobic is bad ;)
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: Tyrones own on February 12, 2010, 12:03:38 AM

Not if it's through ignorance.

ONeill

If my son was gay I would feel no disappointment but a sense of loss that my name would not be extended upon. But that's irrelevant atter 150 years . Sure half the country are O'Neill and they don't know it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2010, 11:37:34 PM

Are you a looney left wingnut, anti religious, love everybody and feck all conservatives type of fella?

It takes all sorts, and believe me, left wingers are every bit as dangerous as right wingers. ;)

But only TO is to your right, to you the rest of the planet are those dangerous left wingers.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on February 11, 2010, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on February 09, 2010, 07:45:41 PM
I agree re. all this crap about being 'disappointed if my son was gay'.

What would you think if your brother, your cousin or, worst still, your best friend turned out to be gay?

maybe just maybe it has something to do with the desire to continue the family tree and name, something which cannot be done obviously with gays and lesbians in the family.
family tree and name? Who actually gives a shit about that?  I'm not buying it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 12, 2010, 12:17:32 AM

What would you think if your brother, your cousin or, worst still, your best friend turned out to be gay?

maybe just maybe it has something to do with the desire to continue the family tree and name, something which cannot be done obviously with gays and lesbians in the family.

Why would you want to buy the name ONeill?
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 12, 2010, 12:17:32 AM

My Family tree and Family name mean a lot to me. One of the most important things to me. I'm sure most people would value these things no matter what their views on this thread subject.

longrunsthefox

Are you a looney left wingnut, anti religious, love everybody and feck all conservatives type of fella?

It takes all sorts, and believe me, left wingers are every bit as dangerous as right wingers. ;)

So,...to oppose fundamenalist religion, homophobia and racism makes a person a 'looney left wingnut.' You can do better than that Stew. 

Zapatista

Since when did being fundamentalist become a bad thing.

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on February 12, 2010, 12:09:24 AM
If my son was gay I would feel no disappointment but a sense of loss that my name would not be extended upon. But that's irrelevant atter 150 years . Sure half the country are O'Neill and they don't know it.

If you only ever had daughters, it'd be the same thing.

What about fathers who want the name carried on - would you be dissapointed if your cub went to the cloth?

Hardy

Quote from: Puckoon on February 12, 2010, 04:23:29 PMwould you be dissapointed if your cub went to the cloth?

I'd be distraught. Happily, they were better brought up than that.

Billys Boots

QuoteIf you only ever had daughters, it'd be the same thing.

It appears logic has long left this discussion, if it ever showed its head at all.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

stew

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2010, 12:13:13 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 12, 2010, 12:10:37 AM

But only TO is to your right, to you the rest of the planet are those dangerous left wingers.
"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with stew".

Thats shite.

Over here I am a libertarian. I am disgusted equally by the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Nancy Pelosi, they are dangerous people who, to me are all that is wrong with America and why America is held in such low esteem these days.

I would never have voted for Obama, unlike that sc**bag Limbaugh however I do not want him to fail, I want him to succeed and I want him to follow through on the promises he made when elected in relation to the economy and in terms of the middle east.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.