Garth Crooks( Football focus, etc)

Started by the green man, February 07, 2010, 10:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Is he any more outrageous than Dunphy? The only difference is that he played for top clubs and won medals etc. He was integral part of the great Spurs team of the early 80s (saw him score against Dundalk in an ECEC tie a Oriel in 1981), and a proven goalscorer, in a truly gteat Spurs team that could and should have won more trophies.

He says it like it is.

thewobbler

I don't really do politically correct, so here it is in plain speaking. The BBC must be afraid to put him out to roost for fear of a racial backlash. He is, put simply, inept at his job.

Minder

Why was he an analyst at the African Cup of Nations? Because he is black?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

Tries to come across as all intelligent. Be better suited as a college lecturer than in a football studio. A pointless person.

nrico2006

Was Mike Trebilcock not the first black player to score in an FA Cup Final?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

longrunsthefox

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 08, 2010, 12:25:53 PM

Good man nrico... 1966 Everton 3-2 Sheff Wed.  Tony is full of sh*t 

T Fearon

Crooks was the first black player in the coloured TV era to score in an FA Cup Final. >:(

longrunsthefox

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2010, 01:04:15 PM
Crooks was the first black player in the coloured TV era to score in an FA Cup Final. >:(

That is funny Tony...   ;D  but I'm sure there were colour TVs in 1966... not too many tho...

Brick Tamlin

sure isnt he still black whether it be colour or b&w   :-\ :-\

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

Sometimes Tony, it's ok to admit that you're wrong.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Doogie Browser

Ok, first black player called Crooks who played for Spurs to score in a cup final is what he really meant.

muppet

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 08, 2010, 12:25:53 PM

Trebilcock is a great word to describe Tony's posts.
MWWSI 2017

fitzroyalty

FFS Crooks isn't that bad, there's linekar, redknapp, dixon, hansen, lawro etc etc who are far worse

the colonel

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 08, 2010, 02:00:30 PM
FFS Crooks isn't that bad, there's linekar, redknapp, dixon, hansen, lawro etc etc who are far worse

hes an absolute idiot. as is jamie redknapp.
the difference between success and failure is energy