Practice Papers

Started by Square Ball, February 07, 2010, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

all
trying to get my hands on 11 plus practice pepers, or the new equalivant. anyone got any they would like to share? PM me please
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

takeyourownpath

the belfast tele puts a past paper in every week approaching the time. don't know about the new test though!

ardmhachaabu

A niece of mine just did it, i know my sister got her stuff in town.  It's basic enough apparently, maths and english only.  Will ask her what she got and where and get back to you
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Square Ball

cheers all. I have tried the Tele site and cant find any old ones. I had a few packs but cant find them.

ardmhachaabu

Right, the ones my sister got and they seen to be a good guide as my niece got A++ in it were GL Maths and English in Easons
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

john mcgill

As ever TYP gives good advice.  All the political parties with the exception of Sinn Fein have set up a group of educationists to come up with a way forward for Transfer.  My guess would be that they will recommend the original CCEA style tests for an interim period.  However the parties will have to encourage, cajole, force, etc the Minister to accept this as a compromise.  There is not that much time left for this and parents will want answers from the grammar schools about next year.

Square Ball

Quote from: john mcgill on February 08, 2010, 07:05:59 AM
As ever TYP gives good advice.  All the political parties with the exception of Sinn Fein have set up a group of educationists to come up with a way forward for Transfer.  My guess would be that they will recommend the original CCEA style tests for an interim period.  However the parties will have to encourage, cajole, force, etc the Minister to accept this as a compromise.  There is not that much time left for this and parents will want answers from the grammar schools about next year.

its this being left in a sort of educational vacuum that is annoying, what to do, what not to do. i wish they would get together and sort the entire process out. I am trying to get my hands on the old papers, wish I had of kept them from the last child.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Square Ball on February 08, 2010, 02:29:38 PM

its this being left in a sort of educational vacuum that is annoying, what to do, what not to do. i wish they would get together and sort the entire process out. I am trying to get my hands on the old papers, wish I had of kept them from the last child.
Good man Squareball- copy double dues so you can swot up on the old English yourself. LOL-only messing- keep your money in your pocket for the time being. What sort of a government gets rid of something before there is anything to replace it? The kids are the ones to suffer at the end of the day.

Square Ball

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on February 08, 2010, 03:29:08 PM

Good man Squareball- copy double dues so you can swot up on the old English yourself. LOL-only messing- keep your money in your pocket for the time being. What sort of a government gets rid of something before there is anything to replace it? The kids are the ones to suffer at the end of the day.

and my parents wondered why I diddnt get it!!!!

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Square Ball on February 08, 2010, 03:48:19 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on February 08, 2010, 03:29:08 PM

and my parents wondered why I diddnt get it!!!!
Very good!!

Gaffer

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 07, 2010, 07:57:47 PM
Don't waste your money at this stage, no one knows what exam will be used in 2010.  Best advice is to ensure that your child is doing plenty of work in English and mathematics.  If you want to hep at home, use the old Transfer Papers and delete the science questions, that way you will work towards the standard required for whatever test will evolve.

Excellent advice. This is the way to go !!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Agnes Dipesto

unitedireland

What a load of shit the transfer test is. Poor children should be outside having fun at 10-11 years of age not in studying.
Grammer schools are taking all the students they want they are even accepting students who gained grade D's. How is this good for anyone